Mike Hoffman's Girlfriend allegedly behind harassment against the Karlssons

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
The records in question are public records

the record in question is that peace bond. of course its public now... thats why we are having this media outrage... in a perfect world only authorities should have access to it. it means that whatever deformation happens because of it the karlssons are not responsible for it (except the media obtained the bond through them.... its still unclear how they did it).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think Melinda is a bad person. Her history of philanthropy indicates quite the opposite. But she is currently trying to destroy someone else's life, and until we have a verdict, she should be grilled just as much as the accused. For Melinda and Erik's sakes, they better be right because this is a bell that doesn't get unrung.

They definitely took that into account before they went and made that peace bond, you think someone in his position is going to destroy an illustrious career for some "oh whoops, my bad?" type of allegations.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It feels a bit like grandstanding to be honest. Some of the quotes seem really off and clashes with their message. When I got to this part it got uncomfortable.

"horrific email from a girl" (Taylor Winnik is 39). "Accusing me of writing negative stuff..." (negative stuff is really downplaying it).. that whole quote sounds like something from Mean Girls.

I think that also plays into a her "personality"...like clearly these wives know each other, I mean Karlsson, Turris, Anderson, Hammond, and Winnik's wives are friends, yet some now Caryk has no clue who she is? That's ridiculous. Her act of shock and awe is horrible acting.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I think that also plays into a her "personality"...like clearly these wives know each other, I mean Karlsson, Turris, Anderson, Hammond, and Winnik's wives are friends, yet some now Caryk has no clue who she is? That's ridiculous. Her act of shock and awe is horrible acting.
Agree. The fact that so many posters here are changing sides, if you will, when Caryk tries to defend herself with comments like: ”Whaat, I have nothing to do with this. Who are these people? Im just a nice person with a dog sittning in my lap!” is puzzling to me. Is it really a huge surprise that she acts that way? Have you never met an unhonest person before?

Gemini

May 12, 2011
Really weird anyone would be swayed by the Caryk interview. I mean really, if she's guilty, you really expect that type of a person to come out and say "yes, I did it, it was wrong"? Maybe if she's absolutely cornered with no means of escape and understands that it's in her self interest to shed some crocodile tears. If you've got a personality disorder (as anyone writing that kind of stuff would have) lying is what you'd do even when it's not in your best interest.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Really weird anyone would be swayed by the Caryk interview. I mean really, if she's guilty, you really expect that type of a person to come out and say "yes, I did it, it was wrong"? Maybe if she's absolutely cornered with no means of escape and understands that it's in her self interest to shed some crocodile tears. If you've got a personality disorder (as anyone writing that kind of stuff would have) lying is what you'd do even when it's not in your best interest.

i agree with this , but what is interesting in that interview is how Caryk and hoffman were initiating a proactive solution with the Karlsson legal team and senators organization by doing an investigation into the bullying. That is a pretty confident step to take if its true. You don't see that often.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I genuinely wonder if MIAtoBKLYN is involved in this somehow. He/she writes like they have some personal stake here. "Innocent until proven guilty" is fine, but what's up with all the added vitriol?

It's not like Melinda went to the media with this, so let's simply wait and see if there's any ground for the accusations.

A few pages back, it was proven it's Caryk. Maybe you missed that one? She's a posting contradiction, says she has no interest in the topic, but posts 1000 times in the thread.

It wasn't proven really, just speculation.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
i agree with this , but what is interesting in that interview is how Caryk and hoffman were initiating a proactive solution with the Karlsson legal team and senators organization by doing an investigation into the bullying. That is a pretty confident step to take if its true. You don't see that often.

It could simply be that he knows nothing about her posting things so he says this. She thinks she's covered her bases by using computers at libraries with fake accounts that can be deleted. A lot of people think they can outsmart the experts.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Hey everyone! Look! This "dude" doesn't judge anyone!

Keep telling yourself what a saint you are.

And yes, I judge, stereotype, the whole nine yards. Difference is, I own it; you, on the other hand, try to convince yourself you're a better than that. None of us are.

Ms. Karlsson (that make you feel better?) is accusing a specific someone of harassment. Just an empty accusation that is obliterating that perosn's reputation as we await facts (**** really moves slow in Canada, eh?). I bet you think the #metoo movement is a thing too, right? Every accusation is valid, huh? **** the accused, we must champion the accusers! Empower them! No need for facts, an accusation is enough!

Rich girl magically falls head over heels with, wait for it.....star athlete (shock!).....what a humble girl, she is....tit pics, duck lips, selfies....

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

This isn't some girl next door who has gone out of her way for a private life. She broadcasts her existence. I will judge the character she puts out there, and she gives us a lot to work with.

If Caryk is being shredded for nothing, then I'm happy to call out she who stirs the pot to begin with....until "Melinda" is proven right.

Caryk: Innocent until proven guilty
Karlsson: Full of **** until proven otherwise

You live in a fantasy world where we all love one another, everyone means well, and accusations ain't no thang. I don't.

I don't live in ivory towers; just a regular ol' house. You live in the ****ing Malibu Barbie Dream house. Emphasis on "Dream."

My sincere question is why exactly are you so angry? I'm guessing it doesn't have a lot to do with this incident. And beyond that, why are you spending your valuable time judging the character of total strangers?

Looking through your post history you make a lot of thoughtful civil comments about all sorts of topics, but for whatever reason you've gotten really upset about this one.

In the end this is a strange but nothing story that doesn't affect any of us.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It could simply be that he knows nothing about her posting things so he says this. She thinks she's covered her bases by using computers at libraries with fake accounts that can be deleted. A lot of people think they can outsmart the experts.

but what he saying is not an exploration into hypothetical. She could or could not have done a hundred different things. Again its all speculation, what that poster did was something completely different.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
I have no idea why I keep coming back to read over this thread, but here I am again.
I don't think there is any denying that Caryk has said some nasty things to Karlsson. And I'm sure it wasn't all one sided either. It is very common among women to always be fighting with each other(just remember back to when you were in junior high/high school). But to be able to say that Caryk is behind the fake/hacked social media accounts is a stretch. It could be anyone(including Caryk). It could be a fan, a family member, or even one of Karlsson's friends. Not saying men are the greatest, but some women are extremely vindictive. I'm not expecting the findings to come back as what everyone expects. I'm expecting even more twists and turns.

LivG

May 22, 2018
Nashville
I had a roommate in college who was stunningly beautiful. Every man we ever met forgot we were in the room when she was around. I didn't really care because most of the guys were idiots anyway but it did get annoying. There were four of us ladies who shared a brownstone. Another one of my roommates was also stunning but very insecure. The first girl was not only beautiful but very sweet, which made the second young lady hate her even more. Me and my third roommate were pretty much plain Janes next to them so, many times we hung out together and ignored the pettieness.

However, it got really bad. Girl #2 began sabotaging girl #1. Telling her boyfriend lies about her, calling her work and pretending to be scorned wives of men she supposedly cheated with. She even put makeup on one day and tried to convince girl #1's boyfriend that girl #1 punched her in the face. It was all lies.

#3 and I couldn't understand it and finally took #2 aside and confronted her about it. We asked her to leave #1 alone and was there some fight they had we missed. Why was she doing all of this? She told us we were crazy and it was #1 doing it all to herself and then blaming her (#2) for it. We told her we knew that wasn't true and to stop lying. She denied everything and basically told us to eff off. We then went to #1's boyfriend and told him the truth, he said he figured it out but didn't want to get into it with a crazy woman. We told #1 we knew she was innocent and that we confronted #2 for her and on her behalf but she sadly thanked us and said she was moving out and would find someone to replace her for her share of the rent .

It made us sad, to this day I cannot stand #2. We all moved out after that semester and never spoke with #2 again. I don't know why she hated #1 so much but I do know she was very jealous of her, we figured she didin't like competiton for attention. But who knows. It is sad to see women do mean things to each other over nothing. I hope this isn't the case with these women. If it is a cruel internet troll I hope they are caught and publicly humiliated.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
How would the Karlssons know for sure the accounts were Caryk's? Have they ever heard of internet trolls? Go on any YT video that deals with sensitive info that's comparable to the death of their child and you will find a ton of comments that range from (sometimes hilarious) dark humor-ish, too downright hateful.

Did Caryk reveal some personal info with the pill popping, and is that how the Karlssons identified her? If so, then what has come out so far could be just the tip of the iceberg. I mean why would she know such personal info? They must've been close before something happened.

This is all speculation of course, but i see it either as a bs accusation, or this goes much deeper than we think.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
So, she thought if she harassed them anonymously they would leave town in free agency and her bf could get paid with a big chunk of the money left on the table? I don't understand this story otherwise...at all.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Now that Caryk and Hoffman have cleared the air, when are we going to get answers from the "victims". This isn't behavior befitting of a captain.

I do find it interesting how the three other parties have each been excoriated by various ppl yet very little blame has been placed at Karlsson's feet. He was the only one who replied to the comment on twitter.

For all we know, he pushed (e.g., nagged, urged, etc) Melinda to file the peace bond bc he's so worried about the situation and angry that anyone would be so cruel at his child's death. Yet there is so much speculation that the others, especially the women, are the crazy ones who are driving this. NB: I'm not saying Erik is doing this. We have very little information about what actually happened. But that seems as plausible to me as any of the other things that have been speculated here. I've known plenty of guys who went nuts when they thought that their families were being attacked, even when their wives, friends, etc were trying to calm them down.

I'd like to know who gave the press the info about the peace bond. Or maybe they scoured the court filings. Either way, it would give helpful info about what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad