Player Discussion Mike Hoffman - (The $5.2 Million Dollar Man)

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Thought he was to be traded if not signed by the draft?

Very happy with this deal, we keep our goal scoring talent, and we are paying him under market value should he keep up his goal scoring.

I think if his side had shown no willingness to make a deal, he would have been dealt (or at least an attempt would have been made) at the draft. Despite what some would have you believe, obviously the Sens knew there was a deal to be had, but negotiations take time. As I said, I'm surprised, I really thought both sides would wait until the pressure was a bit higher. I'm very happy they managed to make a deal well before the arbitration hearing - and a pretty good one at that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
pleased03.gif

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
he is getting traded after the 3.8 year.

Congratz Hoff, you finally got paid even though it should have been a lot lot sooner since you were burried in the minors and even when you did get your shot to prove it the sens still didn't pay you.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
he is getting traded after the 3.8 year.

Congratz Hoff, you finally got paid even though it should have been a lot lot sooner since you were burried in the minors and even when you did get your shot to prove it the sens still didn't pay you.

This is by far the most pessimistic take to a player- and team-friendly deal I've ever seen.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Nice. Don't Hassel the Hoff!

Very happy he's staying at a reasonable price. Seems a good deal for both at this point.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
But I thought Mr Cheepo will never go above 5M. And Hoffman wants to front load it like crazy.

I will finally be able to sleep. I haven't slept since the draft. Mike Hoffman's contract negotiations were a true nightmare. :sarcasm:

Thought he was to be traded if not signed by the draft?

Very happy with this deal, we keep our goal scoring talent, and we are paying him under market value should he keep up his goal scoring.

Another glass storm over, what is next now? :popcorn:

Our forward core is set for the next 3-4 years +

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
xxxxxxx-Pageau-xxxxxxx

And also many wildcards :

Paul-Brown-Dahlen
Dzingel-White-Perron
xxxxxxx-Lazar-xxxxxxx
More

Future looks bright, even if Turris, MacArthur and/or Ryan have to be traded somewhere down the line.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It was pretty obvious he was staying the minute they hired Boucher as the HC and the high amount of praise they each heaped on each other.

He's also a favourite of Dorion too.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No NTC or NMC? Cool.

That's a nice deal. Not that we'd want to trade him or anything, but if the situation comes up and you have an opportunity in 2-3 years to make a deal that helps the club, you like having that flexibility.

Not having any movement clauses is just the cherry on top of an already fair deal for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad