Friedman: Mike Hoffman is available in a trade

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I would be interested from the Habs if the price isn't to high, similar to what the Panthers paid for him. (2nd + 4th + 5th)
I think he could be a good shooter on our PP from the right cricle for the one timer. Would also be very funny and ironic if he ended up with the habs after Dorion refused higher offer from the Est coast not to have him in the division.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Does the incident with his wife affect his trade value at all? Are all teams ok with trading for him?
There may be some teams uneasy about it, but two teams have traded for him since the "incident", even if one did get him on the cheap.

If I'm Edmonton, I'm giving the Panthers a phone call. They got him for a 2nd, 4th and 5th. Offer them a package of similar but lesser picks that reflects one less year on his deal, and something for cap space. So, like, a 2020 2nd rounder, Cam Talbot and a 5th or later pick in 2019.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
There may be some teams uneasy about it, but two teams have traded for him since the "incident", even if one did get him on the cheap.

If I'm Edmonton, I'm giving the Panthers a phone call. They got him for a 2nd, 4th and 5th. Offer them a package of similar but lesser picks that reflects one less year on his deal, and something for cap space. So, like, a 2020 2nd rounder, Cam Talbot and a 5th or later pick in 2019.

Hes on pace for 35 goals and 65-70pts...
We bought him at a discount price because of the wife fight but the offer should start with Larsson and we can work around finding equal value. His value has gone up, not down.

Reactions: klabob

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

His value was down because of the situation in Ottawa and because their GM panicked. It had nothing to do with his real value which is obviously much greater.

Really comes down to there being not much of interest outside of Larsson on the Oilers roster. Hoffman and maybe a small add (Pysyk?) should be fair value.

Reactions: klabob

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Going all in on Panaran and Bob. Still though, i don't know why they need to trade Hoffman.

Would be both hilarious and sad if they trade for Panaran and Bob, trade Hoffman away, but Panaran and bob decide to leave in the offseason.

Would leave the Panthers with nothing.
At this point I would be shocked if Panarin signs anywhere but Florida. Maybe Rangers but even that is not as likely.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
His value was down because of the situation in Ottawa and because their GM panicked. It had nothing to do with his real value which is obviously much greater.

Really comes down to there being not much of interest outside of Larsson on the Oilers roster. Hoffman and maybe a small add (Pysyk?) should be fair value.
I guess it comes down to the motive for trading him. If Florida is only shopping him because they want to improve their blueline then Larsson is the fair ask (and a kind "no thanks" from us), but if the rumours of them wanting to dump salary to bring in Panarin and Bobrovsky are the real motivation, then trading Hoffman will need a deal that is for futures, as the primary motivation would be clearing cap space. My "2nd, Talbot +" deal does that, with value that I think is fair for Hoffman, as Talbot's salary is only for the remainder of the season.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
"Hoffman just got signed an amicable divorce"

Talons' phone blows up.

Crazy how little he was dealt for. Looking back though there has been a few times where talent was fire-saled due to off ice issues.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

They're offering a 2020 2nd + Talbot + 2019 5th Kellyr, how can you turn that down? I mean all that cap space + a 2nd for next year and a 5th this year for a 30~ goal scorer. That's more than what we got for Smith and Marchessault. We HAVE to take this deals before they dry up...

Reactions: klabob and Kellyr

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Friedman needs clicks and viewers for their deadline show. Makes no sense to move him unless it's a top 4 RD coming back

Agree completely.

Start with Panarin, who has publicly stated that he is going to free agency and has refused to negotiate with the Jackets. Why would the Panthers a non-play off team, be buyers at the TDL? Ditto pretty much on Bob. Best for Panthers to wait until the off season.

Panthers need is for a top 4 RD. Have not seen one offered for Hoffman yet.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I guess it comes down to the motive for trading him. If Florida is only shopping him because they want to improve their blueline then Larsson is the fair ask (and a kind "no thanks" from us), but if the rumours of them wanting to dump salary to bring in Panarin and Bobrovsky are the real motivation, then trading Hoffman will need a deal that is for futures, as the primary motivation would be clearing cap space. My "2nd, Talbot +" deal does that, with value that I think is fair for Hoffman, as Talbot's salary is only for the remainder of the season.

Yes we may have to shed salary but that doesn't mean that we have to take peanuts back. Some team will easily fit a 5.5 million dollar 30g scorer on their roster and pay a first rounder, probably even more.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
And technically we don't really have to shed the salary, we just have to reallocate 5mil from one of our forwards into a top 4 dman.

We have $21mil in cap space at this very moment, add to that Reimer buyout and we are at $24mil.

We aren't dangling Hoffman to have money for Panarin/Bob, he's being dangled because if we add those 2 we need to swap a top 6 forward into a top 4 Dman by the end of next season.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
What about this - July 1st Marleau gets paid 5M of a 6.25 contract, leaving him with 1.25 paid over the season with a caphit of 6.25

Marleau + + to Florida for Hoffman

What add's does it take from Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad