Friedman: Mike Hoffman is available in a trade

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Friedman on Huberdeau, Hoffman trade speculation

“I definitely think Hoffman is available,” indicated Friedman. “He’s a really talented guy. He’s got one more year at I think $5.5 million. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody trades for him because you’re always looking for scoring.
“The Huberdeau one is interesting. That came out I guess in the last 24 hours. I’ve had people tell me that there is no way that Florida is dealing Huberdeau, and I’ve had other people tell me that they’ve heard quietly Florida is at least looking at it. So I don’t know what to say.
“I just can’t believe they would trade Huberdeau, who’s on a great contract, unless the return was unbelievable.”
Huberdeau is in the second season of a six-year, $35.4 million contract, which carries a cap hit of $5.9 million.
That pact contains a no-move clause that will kick in July 1.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Going all in on Panaran and Bob. Still though, i don't know why they need to trade Hoffman.

Would be both hilarious and sad if they trade for Panaran and Bob, trade Hoffman away, but Panaran and bob decide to leave in the offseason.

Would leave the Panthers with nothing.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Seems like those are the parts that get them pana and Bob so why not just ship them to the bus

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He's thinking the group is 12 points out of the wildcard, so everyone but Barkov should be available.

If he thinks trading his 38-goal, 68-point (pace) winger is a part of the solution, something is wrong.

I mean unless he's getting an equal value/age piece back this is puzzling.

Either way, Florida needs to add to become a contender, not shuffle the deck chairs.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Makes perfect sense. The guy is a UFA in 2020 and the Panthers are not likely to pay him the sort of coin he'd be looking for to stick around.

You get a lot more for him now than you do at the deadline next season.

Reactions: CaptainScrewy

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Are there not any other more "dead weight" contracts to unload if they are going to bring in the Russians?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Assuming Bob-Pan works out for them...
Huberdeau, Panarin, and Hoffman are all LW that aren't great on RW.

Would make sense to deal Hoffman for picks and/or help on D, and then sign a RW as a UFA (Plenty are available: Eberle, Stone, Simmonds, Zuccarello, Silfverberg, Nyquist, etc...)

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Have to be leery of a player who is available six months after a team trades for him.

Given what went on, I think twenty-nine other clubs most certainly got the memo on Hoffman.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad