Friedman: Mike Hoffman is available in a trade

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Going all in on Panaran and Bob. Still though, i don't know why they need to trade Hoffman.

Would be both hilarious and sad if they trade for Panaran and Bob, trade Hoffman away, but Panaran and bob decide to leave in the offseason.

Would leave the Panthers with nothing.

Ehh.. technically they traded pretty much nothing for Hoffman.. it would leave them even.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Still confused as to why Florida wouldn’t just keep the band together and add Panarin/Bob on top. That forward group would be unreal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Still confused as to why Florida wouldn’t just keep the band together and add Panarin/Bob on top. That forward group would be unreal.

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but none of the Hubie, Panarin, Hoffman crowd really enjoys being deployed on the right.

Pretty big gamble to deal one of these guys before you know you have Breadman though in my opinion. But I can see why both have become available once they cleared the space to go after both Panarin and Bob. You move one and funnel his cash towards a RW upgrade, while hopefully adding an asset in terms of picks or prospects. We will have to see, there are a lot of sliding pieces in reality to these things.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Honestly no clue. Wish we would've traded for him in the first place when he was dirt cheap
I wish I could say I wonder why we did not trade for him in the offseason as well but we have Jim Nill. He still probably won’t go after him. Should have traded for Skinner in the offseason too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I wish I could say I wonder why we did not trade for him in the offseason as well but we have Jim Nill. He still probably won’t go after him. Should have traded for Skinner in the offseason too.

Skinner makes sense because he would probably only agree to a deal to Buffalo. Hoffman though I agree. I guess with all the rumors and reports going around he just didn't want that mess here at the time, but it turned out to be nothing so unfortunately we, and a lot of teams, really missed out.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Hoffman is available, Huberdeau is available, Brassard is probably available. Columbus has (1) center and is willing to trade Bob and Panarin to a team they are willing to resign to? Hmmm...

Hoffman is a dynamic offensive talent I know that as a Sens fan. Problem is he has been underpaid for awhile and doesn't gel with everyone. As a PPG player at his age, I'd be wary of giving him a retirement contract.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I could see the Bruins being interested. Not a fan of either team, but I could see something like this...

To BOS: Hoffman

To FLA: Frederic, 2019 1st

Could really solidify their top 6. Heinen has looked good with Bergie and Marchand, giving way to Krejci centering 2 snipers in Hoffman and Pasta.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It will be amusing if Florida isn’t able to land Bob and Panarin and they clear out all of this salary.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
so rumours of hoffman and huberdeau available and to bring in panarin

sounds similar to a few years ago when they purged their top wingers (marchessault, smith, jagr and jokinen) and replaced them all with a russian (dadanov)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would love either Huby or Hoffman with the habs. Unfort, Huby will cost too much, but Hoffman can maybe fix our PP.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Doesn’t huby have some crazy career streak where he has never gone more than 6 games without a point?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Now there’s a player I would love to see playing wing to McDavid. We have literally no trade pieces. Maybe if you unload Huby you can take RNH but that makes little to no sense I suppose.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
3 way
LA sends
Quick
Voynov

LA gets
2 -2nd Florida 2019, 2021
3rd Columbus
B level prospect Florida
Conditional 3rd from Columbus if they win 2 rounds.

FLA sends
2- 2nd 2019, 2021
Tippett
Hoffman
Brassard
B Level Prospect
4th

FLA gets
Panarin
Bobrovsky
Voynov
Both extended at 19,000,000 combined, Voynov a maybe.

CLB sends
Panarin
Bobrovsky
3rd

CLB gets
Hoffman
Brassard
Quick
Tippett
4th Florida

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Just putting it out there...what if San Jose traded for him.....and flipped him back to Ottawa for all their picks back plus another second rounder. :sarcasm:

Don't say it isn't possible. Pierre Dorrion is an idiot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad