Confirmed with Link: Mike Green to EDM for Kyle Brodiak and a Conditional Pick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd be shocked if that happened. With Green being a UFA, Yzerman just wanted to get something for him. No reason to have that mentality with AA.
If we do trade AA for peanuts, I'll be pissed.

Why should we trade AA for peanuts?

Green was virus-infected dagamed goods, never the same athlete again he was with us on first years. Athanasiou is still a legit human being.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Very reasonable... I thought a 3rd was definitely attainable which it can be if EDM goes on a run.

Got a 4th rd pick back that we lost for Erne

Solid... Moving On

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Bout what I expected, I know others had their hopes higher. Green was really good for us when he was healthy and played through a lot even when he wasn’t missing games. If he finds that spark again on a winning team I wouldn’t be surprised. Helm, Glen, and AA are the only ones with value. Daley would net a 5th at best, but likely a 6th.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Glad to get something for a guy not coming back.

Hopefully Yzerman can wheel and deal some more, and this isn't the last Wings news of the day.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I dont mind it. Mid round pick. It's all I expected but I'm happy to see a move made. Curious to what happens with Helm/AA/Daley/Bernier.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It is what it is. The window to trade him was several years ago.
Yep, back when his original contract was set to expire would have been optimal but he got sick or injured. I can't remember if that is when the virus first popped up. Good for him going to a playoff contender and we get the 4th back for the trade with Tampa. Not bad.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Well that is underwhelming not going to lie!

Not sure what anyone would expect for him. Injury plagued the last couple years.. He isn't a fraction of the player he was even 3 or 4 years ago. He will need to be heavily protected to have much success but I do wish him well... Getting a mid round pick is a win.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure what anyone would expect for him. Injury plagued the last couple years.. He isn't a fraction of the player he was even 3 or 4 years ago. He will need to be heavily protected to have much success but I do wish him well... Getting a mid round pick is a win.

Was hoping for sure an actual 3rd round pick. Oilers won't make the final 4, so it is a 4th.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
One thing that never gets talked about, maybe because it doesn’t matter to anyone but me, but I always find it fascinating to see guys in different uniforms. It’ll be interesting to see Mike green in the oilers sweater. Also AA in a Dallas uni or something. I know, I’m weird lol.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Was hoping for sure an actual 3rd round pick. Oilers won't make the final 4, so it is a 4th.

Namestikov (which I may be spelling wrong) just went for a 4th non conditional... He can play center and is 27 years old. Green isn't a big name anymore.. Even with his experience. He resigned in Detroit after a couple decent seasons, meaning he likely didn't have many teams calling his name. I like the guy but he is a bottom pairing D man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad