Confirmed with Link: Mike Green to EDM for Kyle Brodiak and a Conditional Pick

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Glad we got something for him. 3.5th rounder is good enough for me.... His effort level alone being gone, is a bonus for us. Do wish him the best in Edmonton.. He did the best he could for a couple years, we just couldn't shelter him unfortunately.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
The conditions are really steep so this is basically the fourth rounder for Erne back. Which is decent for Greenie. I imagine AA is gone tomorrow as well.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
A conditional 4th? Not the best but Yzerman wasn't negotiating with the power. Not his year to win trades with the current state. Gets what he can.

Hopefully we see a better return if AA is moved.

Godspeed, Mr. Green.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I was really hoping for at least a conditional 2nd, but I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure Yzerman did his due diligence, and I'm glad this time we got something for him.
I wish him all the best in Edmonton, hopefully they make the final 4 (I'd actually love to see them win the cup).

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I was hoping for a 3rd for Green, so a conditional 4th seems like fair value.
It's not like Green was lighting it up this year and he does have health issues.

Rather have a 4th then lose him for nothing.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Pretty much what I expected for a guy on his last legs in the league. If he had been able to stay healthy, last year and this year, we might have gotten a 2nd. But hard to get much value for a guy who might not get much playing time with Edmonton.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hope they win the cup. He'll have a better supporting cast to work with, so I expect his offense to improve.

No Canadian team can ever win a cup again. Every year that an American team wins a cup, the joke becomes funnier, by 2100 it will be the funniest joke in the history of humanity.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'm glad he was able to trade Green for something. Full stop. I also hope that there's a different approach to an Athansiou trade: To me, that's not a situation where we should, similarly, just take whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->