Confirmed with Link: Mike Green to Detroit 3 years/6m per

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow we picked up probably the most high profile free agent...a bonafide star and RHD, this is exciting! I'm curious to hear Green's thoughts on choosing Detroit and being a Wing.

I hope hope hope this means the sadsac Ericsson is delegated to the 3rd pairing. Will Green necessarily be Kronner's partner?

Hunting Bow*

I feel like Green is exactly the type of defenseman we needed. Gives us a much better transition game and huge PP threat. I love it so much. :handclap:

I like the signing A LOT. He worries me at the defensive end. But his offensive skills are something the team has not had in a while.

Mike stay healthy!!!!!! This has also been an issue.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
I think Green's offensive ability will open a lot of eyes on to just how bad our defense was with the puck. We NEEDED more skill on the backend, period.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wow we picked up probably the most high profile free agent...a bonafide star and RHD, this is exciting! I'm curious to hear Green's thoughts on choosing Detroit and being a Wing.

I hope hope hope this means the sadsac Ericsson is delegated to the 3rd pairing. Will Green necessarily be Kronner's partner?

Kronwall/Green
DD/Not Kyle Quincey
Jonathan Pylon/one of the prospects

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'd rather keep Quincey than E.

I guess if we traded them both I wouldn't cry.

Kronwall - Smith
Dekeyser - Green
Marchenko - Ouellet
(Kindl)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Pointless deal, had to take on 1.5 million in buyout penalty for six seasons to take on a player that will keep a kid in the AHL and not make with wings contend anyway. Maybe a second round exit this season?

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I had a feeling we'd go after Green hard. I forget who i told the other day after HSJ said we bought out Weiss for cap room for next year. Made no sense.

Das it Mane!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think Green's offensive ability will open a lot of eyes on to just how bad our defense was with the puck. We NEEDED more skill on the backend, period.

We had years of Lidstrom. We had Rafalski. We have Kronwall.

We know most of our defense sucks at offense.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
B+ for the signing. Would be a A- if the deal was like 5.75 per. Love the term though. Hope like hell Kenny stays the **** away from Brad Richards now though.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Pointless deal, had to take on 1.5 million in buyout penalty for six seasons to take on a player that will keep a kid in the AHL and not make with wings contend anyway. Maybe a second round exit this season?

Did you see the crap show the point was on the PP last year?

Small price to pay for 3 years of not having my heart in my throat every time Tatar is figure skating around and giving up breakaways.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Great contract. Love this from an offensive standpoint. He needs to play with Kronwall or DeKeyser so he can be sheltered defensively.

He doesn't need to be sheltered defensively, just don't ever use him as your main shutdown guy. Back in the Caps terrible defense years (2007-2010) he was used as exactly that and that's how he got exposed, if he's on the second pairing behind Kronwall and whoever, he'll be fine.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Don't see how anyone can not like this deal. Dollar amount is around where he was expected to get (honestly expected more) and term is perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad