Confirmed with Link: Mike Green to Detroit 3 years/6m per

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
pretty-good.gif

I like this deal, now who to pair him with? I'd like to see him and DD be a combo I think they'd compliment each other nicely.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
He's a legit top 4 right handed D. Not sure if he'll play with Kronwall or not as he's not really a top pairing guy. It could allow them to try Dekeyser with Kronwall.

I'd like a top 4 of Kronwall, Dekeyser, Smith and Green in some combo. E and Quincey on the bottom pairing.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
pretty-good.gif

I like this deal, now who to pair him with? I'd like to see him and DD be a combo I think they'd compliment each other nicely.

Kronwall-Quincey
DD-Green
AM/XO-Smith

Just get rid of Big E.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Awesome signing... shortish term at a reasonable price. Hopefully they can move Kindl or Ericsson, create a little room for March or XO.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Dekeyser, Kronwall, and Green are all top 4 defensemen. Maybe Smith or Ouellet fill out the rest. Just gotta get rid of Kindl, Quincey, and Ericsson at some point.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
We now have 3 of the bottom 20 D who 'led' in minus turnovers.

Don't care about the shiny offensive numbers - we just got worse.
It's not like we could get a lot worse at moving the puck. But now we have a lethal PP weapon. Net positive for me.

Plus, this signing forces Holland to make a trade, which is probably a net positive for the organization as a whole.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Does this mean we have to be less angry at Holland? I don't think this forum knows how to do that.

I give him a pass for the year now. Seriously.

I don't even care if he brings back Cleary at this point. And it's so easy to make room if he really wants to. Waive/trade Kindl/Smith/Quincey. It doesn't really matter who.

This move is so good. I wonder where he slots in? 2nd pair? 1st pair? If we can move E off the top pair it makes him better and makes the whole team so much better.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not a Green-fan but at 3 years I like the signing. As a #4-5+PP guy he should make us better.

Kronner-E
DD-Green
Quincey-Smith
XO/Marchy

Looks good.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Nows the time to see if we can get anything for Kindl or Big E and possibly need to trade Marchy or XO unfortunately as I like them, but no room for both.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
K. So who gets moved? Quincey or Big E?

I'm guessing they move one of them with prospects for a forward?

If he somehow finds a way to get Ericsson off this team, I'll love Holland again.

Love this deal. Love the $. Love the term. Perfect deal. Good job, Holland :handclap:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Shatty too please!

Doubt we get Shattenkirk now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Holland sign Semin to fill Franzen's slot.

edit: Based on buying out Weiss and this move I have to give Holland a passing grade for this offseason. I know that one player usually does not make or break a team, but the godawful transition game from our D has been holding us back for way, way too long. Having Green instantly makes this team much, much better. And with the 3 year deal he is still playing for his next contract. I think we see a return to 50-70 point Green while he is here.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 40s41 seconds ago
#RedWings still kicking tires, Mike Green may not be only move today.

On the one hand, scared. On the other hand, is Kenny feeling it right now? Let it ride?

C'mon, Kenneh! Magic time!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
We now have 3 of the bottom 20 D who 'led' in minus turnovers.

Don't care about the shiny offensive numbers - we just got worse.

the fact that Kronwall is one of those 3 shows how silly that stat of yours is

know who else is on that list?

ALL THREE NORRIS FINALISTS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad