Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
You are telling everyone they are unbelievable, but in the same post starting some kind of conspiracy theory about Dubas sending this out ?

Babcock does not deserve the blame for Dubas' contracts, but could players use the current coach as leverage to increase their price, absolutely. I'm sure the agents use all available leverage.

I guess the sarcasm didn't come through

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
in your own words to said "Babs bad decisions got were worse and worse" , so if he was making bad decisions to begin with as you say , why did you unconditionally defend him to begin with ?

also you say you're not defending Dubas but i keep reading how you keep trying to deflect criticism away from him as well as wanting him to get credit for what i have no idea considering the team has played worse since he's been hired

and when a GM makes a move he only gets credit when the move actually helps the team and not for just making a move like you and others keep praising him for

Where did I unconditionally defend him ?

Where am I deflecting criticism away from Dubas ?

So in your opinion Dubas hasn't made a single move worth getting credit for ?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
they got on Wilson pretty damn good before he was fired. Maurice too. Quinn they destroyed even though he was the most successful coach in forever.
If Babcock would have remained and the Team continued to go in the wrong direction, I'm sure he would have felt some heat.
Like the word we live in the media is very different now.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I was being sarcastic and i have said previously he didn't take a discount and actually is paid more than he's worth and came here because of the roster and that the Islanders were a meh team spinning there wheels . Him and his wife being from here was just a bonus .

and as far as the players demanding more because Babs is a prick , that would be a first , hey i hate the coach so throw an extra million on the contract lol

My mistake then, but as for the bolded....

I'm not relieving Dubas of blame for the contracts but I highly highly doubt demanding more because you hate the coach would be a first. Its no secret that players don't want to play for teams for a variety of outside factors ie/city, market, why wouldn't hating the coach be a consideration? Hell, in the Athletic's player poll Babs came in 2nd on "coach you'd least like to play for" with a whopping 27 percent, only 3 behind Torts. And as I said then there is his actual usage and tactics that probably led the players to negotiate for more than their raw production, and its not hard to see why.

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
:laugh: I can never tell on here. :laugh:

Would you be surprised if someone actually came in here with that and was serious ?
if it was anyone it's Shanny :p

giphy.gif

Jun 27, 2005
I do find it funny how Babcock by default gets credit for turning things around, who's to say any other coach couldn't have gotten the same or better results with the player changes made.

Babcock gets credit because he came in dead last his first season and we got Matthews. This community is a mess.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Babcock gets credit because he came in dead last his first season and we got Matthews. This community is a mess.
No. The franchise record for points might have something to do with it

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You don't have a problem with an authority figure harrying a rookie into making a list of teammates who may or may not be slackers and then reading the bottom names from that list in front of the others while naming the person who made it? This isn't who got chosen last this is bullying a young man both into making a list he clearly didn't want to make and then abusing that list by humiliating not only that man but the people on the list publicly, it's abusive no matter how you want to look at it.

Let's just say that most people deem this as "abuse". Say goodbye to Shanny and Dubas.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You can certainly ask the question if Babcock's stint with Toronto was more bad then good.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I do find it funny how Babcock by default gets credit for turning things around, who's to say any other coach couldn't have gotten the same or better results with the player changes made.
Sure another Coach may or may not have.
Makes no sense to hold that against him though.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You don't have a problem with an authority figure harrying a rookie into making a list of teammates who may or may not be slackers and then reading the bottom names from that list in front of the others while naming the person who made it? This isn't who got chosen last this is bullying a young man both into making a list he clearly didn't want to make and then abusing that list by humiliating not only that man but the people on the list publicly, it's abusive no matter how you want to look at it.

You are abusing certain words, or phrases. That's for certain.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Where did I unconditionally defend him ?

Where am I deflecting criticism away from Dubas ?

So in your opinion Dubas hasn't made a single move worth getting credit for ?
when your trying to shift part of the blame for Dube's overpaymet's due to the players hating Babs your deflecting criticism away from him

he's made a few moves i like but as i said until the team performs better than it did before he took over he doesn't get a Gold Star from me

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
when your trying to shift part of the blame for Dube's overpaymet's due to the players hating Babs your deflecting criticism away from him

he's made a few moves i like but as i said until the team performs better than it did before he took over he doesn't get a Gold Star from me

Babcock being the coach would absolutely be part of any negotiation with a player. That's what I said.

If a player is suggesting they would want a trade because of the coach that would effect the negotiation.

I in no way said Dubas should get no blame for those contracts, but Babcock being coach especially if the new stuff is true, was definitely a factor.

Maybe you should read things again.

I literally wrote it in multiple posts that I said Babcock was a factor, and a bigger factor if players wanted out because of him. You and some other posters who unconditionally hate Dubas were exactly who I was referring to when I said:

True, that Dubas would have to let it happen, but players have forced their way out before and they will again.

Marner didn't have to actually go through with it, just make them think it was real.

Again, I just want to establish before someone jumps in and says I'm blaming it on Babcock. This is just a factor, not the reason.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

"babcock took us from worst to playoffs in 1 year!"

wait, he was here for that "worst" year too, right?

Reactions: saffronleaf

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Babcock being the coach would absolutely be part of any negotiation with a player. That's what I said.

If a player is suggesting they would want a trade because of the coach that would effect the negotiation.

I in no way said Dubas should get no blame for those contracts, but Babcock being coach especially if the new stuff is true, was definitely a factor.

Maybe you should read things again.

I literally wrote it in multiple posts that I said Babcock was a factor, and a bigger factor if players wanted out because of him. You and some other posters who unconditionally hate Dubas were exactly who I was referring to when I said:
so on the flip side you're saying a player will ask for less if he likes the coach ?

and the teams performance dictates whether a coach/GM whoever else involved deserves credit/blame

Dubas took over a 105 pt team , the team has performed worse since he took over , he now has his coach and he needs to get better results to get credit for doing a good job .

if you want to hand out gold stars before the team outperforms what it previously accomplished that's your prerogative but don't expect everyone else to also share your view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad