Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I thought Mike Modano actually said that was true but didnt want to say it publicly

Which part about Chelios

And who agrees with Babs on what? He was disliked everywhere he went

All the details Commodore presents around Modano are wrong and leave out all the context (Modano being scratched for playoffs, being not very good, half season missed to injury, actual game he was benched was when they were trying to clinch division before 2 versus Chicago, etc.).

Chelios is another where if you look at his actual output was finished and never picked up by anyone. There's more but too lazy to type.

Yes there are people who dislike Babcock. Understandable and common in management. Who agrees with Babcock is every other team, league and organization that either wouldn't employ or fired Commodore, Modano, Chelios and soon likely Spezza.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
If you are really curious he is guest co-hosting the morning show in Calgary on the fan 960 this week. They talked about the whole ordeal for most of the first hour today. Lots of nuggets, including from inside the Toronto dressing room.

Reactions: Myopic

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
If you are really curious he is guest co-hosting the morning show in Calgary on the fan 960 this week. They talked about the whole ordeal for most of the first hour today. Lots of nuggets, including from inside the Toronto dressing room.
I live in Calgary and have been listening to Commy for months on Boomer's morning radio show. He's a smart dude and likable. That said he's still part-time, and on a PTO for that gig...lol

It's pretty tough filling the chair left by Warriner.

Reactions: ULF_55 and Weitz

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Congratulations to Mike Commodore for being so far ahead of the curve on his way to becoming a bitter, grumpy old man.....

He's got issues and it's obvious he's desperate to be relevant in some way.

Either way, it's a bad look for Commodore. Babcock is still a world renowned coach, with a long future in hockey still ahead of him, and chances for glory? Mike Commodore? Not so much. I say it's 50/50 Commodore has already moved back into his mom's basement......

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Mark Fraser chiming in on Twitter in support of Commodore - I dont care if they dont like Babs or any of their Coaches - just shut up and show some class - Ridiculous

Reactions: hullsy47

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Mark Fraser chiming in on Twitter in support of Commodore - I dont care if they dont like Babs or any of their Coaches - just shut up and show some class - Ridiculous

Its kind of like a car crash, cant help but look.

In one level i appreciate the honesty, but on the other i tend to prefer guys just keep quite about this sort of stuff nothing good tends to come of it

Last edited:

forecheck

May 14, 2007

In one level i appreciate the honesty, but on the other i tend tonprefer guys just keep quite about this.sort.ofnstuff. nothing goods tends to come of it

I am not a fan of people piling on someone .. Dont feel sorry for MB - He made his money -

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

In one level i appreciate the honesty, but on the other i tend tonprefer guys just keep quite about this.sort.ofnstuff. nothing goods tends to come of it
There's a balance between saying your piece and being giddy over someone else's misery/misfortune. Commodore is missing that balance by an awful lot.

Call him a POS and move on with your life, but what he's done for the past few years has been embarassing.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Any good players actually have something to say?
Shanahan played a season under Babcock and couldn't wait to hire him. These guys have zero class.

Reactions: forecheck

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
I live in Calgary and have been listening to Commy for months on Boomer's morning radio show. He's a smart dude and likable. That said he's still part-time, and on a PTO for that gig...lol

It's pretty tough filling the chair left by Warriner.

He said he hopes Babcock gets hit by a truck. In all seriousness. He was not joking. I don't care how bad you think a coachs style is.. whether it's true or not. To me, that's just sad.

Instead of accepting the fact that Babcock and the ENTIRE league thought (correctly) his career was over because he was sh*te, he started a way over the top crusade against Mike that's been going on for 20 years. Some of it true, some of it speculation and some of it pure lies.... and wishing literal death upon him.

He's an immature disgusting attention seeker.

There's a reason nobody gives a shit about him and barely remembers outside of Calgary. Except when he becomes a wind up merchant by saying such things as this.

He is a very sad human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallagbi

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
He said he hopes Babcock gets hit by a truck. In all seriousness. He was not joking. I don't care how bad you think a coachs style is.. whether it's true or not. To me, that's just sad.

Instead of accepting the fact that Babcock and the ENTIRE league thought (correctly) his career was over because he was sh*te, he started a way over the top crusade against Mike that's been going on for 20 years. Some of it true, some of it speculation and some of it pure lies.... and wishing literal death upon him.

He's an immature disgusting attention seeker.

There's a reason nobody gives a **** about him and barely remembers outside of Calgary. Except when he becomes a wind up merchant by saying such things as this.
Mental illness is a very serious subject and so is concussions and so is drug and alcohol addictions

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Mental illness is a very serious subject and so is concussions and so is drug and alcohol addictions

That is why I didn't make fun of him. That is why I didn't call him a c*nt.

I said he is a very sad human being. Something is wrong with him. It's not normal to hold such a grudge and wish death upon somebody numerous times who barely coached you. Or maybe that's how social media works. I have no idea.

Whether he is being effected by concussions or mental illness or substance abuse, I don't know.... So unlike Mike Commodore, I'll keep my mouth shut. I say that as a somebody struggling with all 3 for the last 13 years.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That is why I didn't make fun of him. That is why I didn't call him a c*nt.

I said he is a very sad human being. Something is wrong with him.

Whether he is being effected by concussions or mental illness or substance abuse, I don't know.... So unlike Mike Commodore, I'll keep my mouth shut. I say that as a somebody struggling with all 3 for the last 13 years.
Peace friend
I understand fully
Good luck
And if you ever need to talk .....

Reactions: RoryDelap

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
IMG_20191124_210004.jpg
This got me thinking.

Feb 24, 2004
All the details Commodore presents around Modano are wrong and leave out all the context (Modano being scratched for playoffs, being not very good, half season missed to injury, actual game he was benched was when they were trying to clinch division before 2 versus Chicago, etc.).

Chelios is another where if you look at his actual output was finished and never picked up by anyone. There's more but too lazy to type.

Yes there are people who dislike Babcock. Understandable and common in management. Who agrees with Babcock is every other team, league and organization that either wouldn't employ or fired Commodore, Modano, Chelios and soon likely Spezza.

what are your thoughts on Mark Fraser’s tweets?

Reactions: weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad