Mike Augello Grades Our Centres...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I don't look at size as negative if that player plays big and is strong enough to handle NHL play.

Plenty of examples of NHL players like Doug Gilmour or even more recently Mike Richards, playing bigger than what they are.

Fabbri has the hockey IQ, skill and desire to be an impact player, he is currently 5'10 and 1/4, 170 lbs, he will top off at 5'11, 180-185 lbs. This is sufficient size to play in the NHL.

Gauthier is 6'5 220 lbs
Sam Carrick is 6'0 207lbs
Tyler Bozak is 6'1 195lbs

There is a good blend of size and skill in this group. I agree that having too small a Center group would not be advantageous, however, there is quite alot of diversity of size and talent in this group.

I stand by my assessment of why he will never be a #1 Center....he may not even play at center. He is very skilled and does have a high hockey IQ but....his size is a big issue. He likely will not get drafted in the top 10 because of his size and my guess would be a 20-25 range.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
If Holland was a 2 C, wouldn't he be Anaheim's 2C right now?

Yes.

I like Holland I see him as a perfect #3 as he thinks the game well enough and has a defensive conscious. Why we would sign Bolland to an over payment is beyond me....when we have a young player who looks like he possess similar abilities that comes cheap.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Yes.

I like Holland I see him as a perfect #3 as he thinks the game well enough and has a defensive conscious. Why we would sign Bolland to an over payment is beyond me....when we have a young player who looks like he possess similar abilities that comes cheap.

This is how I see it as well.

Unless they plan on putting Bolland as 2C (which is a mighty big jump), Holland can take this spot.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Kulie is back. I think the one this he has on Bolland is being a winger. We really need to add some defensive skill to that 2nd line and Kulie at 3M could go a long way to shoring up that line; especially if Kadri is still our 2C.

I'm fine with Kadri as our 2C, so long as he's not the best defensive player on the line. Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson is a mess.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
XXX-Kadri-Kulie
Winnik-Holland-Clarkson
D'amigo-McClement-Ashton

ForSpareParts*

I thought they used Bolland more as a shut-down guy. How is it that Kadri had tougher opposition?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I am very much against trading Kadri.

BUT if we do trade Kadri, we will get a pretty good return. So all these lineups need to have MASSIVE ***** in a few possible different spots.

Does Kadri+the 8th overall get moved to move into the top 3 or 4 spots?
Does Kadri plus get you a similar #2 Centre who is just better on D?
Do we move Kadri plus a D man to improve our top2 or 4 d?

I want to know what kind of package we can get for a Kadri+Franson/Reimer/8th.

I could see a team like the Islanders making a pretty solid bid, #5 pick (Dal or Drastili) and another solid young player or pick.

With Shanny coming in he may want to trade the guys he doesnt see as long term contributors. If he sees Kadri as a Ribero clone, he might be gone.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
That center depth in OP is PUTRID. The NHL season is long and riddled with injuries, if the Leafs intend to start with those 4 centers next season I would likely vomit a little wondering what it would look like if a guy or two got injured. You keep Kadri, you keep Holland up, and you re-sign one of Bolland or McClement, maybe both, to shore up defensive center duties.

Bozak
Kadri
Bolland
Holland
McClement/Carrick/McKegg is more like it. Holland playing wing on either Bolland or Kadri's line. Its always nice to have a winger who can take draws on any line.

Yes.

Depth, we need depth. Rosters aren't static over the course of a season. You re-sign Bolland if his demands are reasonable, 3x3.5 reasonable, otherwise you look to acquire another center elsewhere after you calculate your opporunity costs of letting one go for nothing and using assets to acquire another.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I am very much against trading Kadri.

BUT if we do trade Kadri, we will get a pretty good return. So all these lineups need to have MASSIVE ***** in a few possible different spots.

Does Kadri+the 8th overall get moved to move into the top 3 or 4 spots?
Does Kadri plus get you a similar #2 Centre who is just better on D?
Do we move Kadri plus a D man to improve our top2 or 4 d?

I want to know what kind of package we can get for a Kadri+Franson/Reimer/8th.

I could see a team like the Islanders making a pretty solid bid, #5 pick (Dal or Drastili) and another solid young player or pick.

With Shanny coming in he may want to trade the guys he doesnt see as long term contributors. If he sees Kadri as a Ribero clone, he might be gone.

I don't see any scenario which sees Kadri get moved for pick(s).

It'll be a hockey deal for another young player (Schenn/JvR).

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri as a 23 year-old beats Bollands best season and hes saying we should move kadri for injury prone overpaid Bolland.

And this is the logic that got us into this mess in the first place.

jughead42*

I can't even try to understand some of the fans that actually want to keep Bolland over Kadri.

It's just mind boggling the thought process some people go through.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that we'd want a competitive player who wants to take the puck from the opponent rather than a sometimes competitive player who wants other people to take the puck from the opponent for him. It makes no sense, I know. :sarcasm:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, it doesn't make sense that we'd want a competitive player who wants to take the puck from the opponent rather than a sometimes competitive player who wants other people to take the puck from the opponent for him. It makes no sense, I know. :sarcasm:

What?

Was the sarcasm smiley meant for your whole post?

Kadri was 3rd on our team in takeaways lol..

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
What?

Was the sarcasm smiley meant for your whole post?

Kadri was 3rd on our team in takeaways lol..

Reality has never been jughead's strong point.

Kadri's a solid player who has issues with consistency right now. He's at the very least a solid 2nd liner. I think one day he'll be more than that.

Dave Bolland is a tweener that has never put up numbers to match Kadri. Let him walk if you can't get him for less than 3 million.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Kadri fanatics,

What should the leafs do with Holland next season and in the future? Can he and Kadri co-exist?

YES they ****ing can, I don't even KNOW how this is made out to be an issue. Holland was doing a fine job at #3C this year, certainly better than Bolland when he came back. Holland looked fantastic on a line with Kulemin and Clarkson, and that is the 3rd line I hope we run in the season. It was a monstrous cycle line, and it FINALLY looked like he we had a reliable possession line, before Dinosaur-tard went back to trying to force Clarktard on the second line.

I have ZERO interest in bringing Bolland back. And trading Kadri to keep Bolland is my worst nightmare right now, luckily I'm very confident that Shanny won't allow that. Bolland is an injury prone 28-year old center who has a career high 47 points who's asking for a retirement contract. Kadri is literally our only hope at center, he had a magnificent year in 2013 and he still put up 50 points despite a revolving door of linemates and a slumping down-year Lupul.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
ditto Bolland and Chicago

Bolland is not worth 5 million to be a 3 C. Hello Clarkson.
Is Holland the kind of player we want for our 3C?
Wouldn't a guy like Helm,Eakin,Kelly etc. be a better choice and salary for 3C?
Let me ask this: what do people expect our 3C to do? To be?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
i don't know what Holland could do as a 3C but since we gave up a 2nd and a former 2nd for him i wouldn't mind giving him a shot, the team won't be good anyway.

ForSpareParts*

Kadri as a 23 year-old beats Bollands best season and hes saying we should move kadri for injury prone overpaid Bolland.

And this is the logic that got us into this mess in the first place.

The logic had nothing to do with points. Lupul's ugly (not yet recognized) contract has also got us into this mess. He was signed on the merits of his point production, but what has he actually done for this team? Good all star voting?

Are you referring to Bolland's current contract? He's overpaid?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i don't know what Holland could do as a 3C but since we gave up a 2nd and a former 2nd for him i wouldn't mind giving him a shot, the team won't be good anyway.

What about the wing for Holland? He could replace Raymond.
Holland-C-Clarkson
Holland is a shooter which might help Clarkson clean up the garbage. Our 3 C needs to be a guy like Rupert (only NHL ready with faceoff ability and a little offense.)
As I said a Darren Helm.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Who the **** is Augello and what the **** does he know about hockey? No offence but if he was so smart how come he is a fly by night internet yahoo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad