Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He's picked it up a bit lately but needs more than 3 points in 12 games to keep going. I do think if he's not really going offensively in the next 5 games he should be sent down for Larsson.

But can you really expect him to produce much if the whole team is scoring 2 goals per game?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Granlund has shown the past few games, he is an NHL player, just needs to keep improving. He's making plays right now. Something Coyle wasn't doing.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
He's picked it up a bit lately but needs more than 3 points in 12 games to keep going. I do think if he's not really going offensively in the next 5 games he should be sent down for Larsson.

Well to be fair, it's 4 points in 12 games. I think he'll start cranking his season PPG pace a bit closer to 0.5 in the upcoming games. Like Talon said, he's looked like an NHL player in the last two games.

E: Managed to end three sentences with "games". Proud of that achievement.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
But can you really expect him to produce much if the whole team is scoring 2 goals per game?

Yes, I do. If it's an individual issue, he needs to pull himself out of it or be put in a position where he can succeed and rebuild confidence in Houston. If it's a team/coaching issue, he should be playing in Houston until it gets sorted out. You don't want him getting bad habits right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sorry, disagree there. Granlund shouldn't be punished if he is playing as well as anyone. He has been playing very well and if it continues and the TEAM overall still struggles, you need to change the mindset of the team, not send down players that show they belong on the ice.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Yes, I do. If it's an individual issue, he needs to pull himself out of it or be put in a position where he can succeed and rebuild confidence in Houston. If it's a team/coaching issue, he should be playing in Houston until it gets sorted out. You don't want him getting bad habits right now.

What about Coyle then? He hasn't produced and if he doesn't start what are you going to do with him? Because i think this team without Granlund and Coyle would be much weaker.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Coyle is gone back to Houston. Granlund is looking like he's making strides. If he doesn't produce a return to the AHL wouldn't be a bad thing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What about Coyle then? He hasn't produced and if he doesn't start what are you going to do with him? Because i think this team without Granlund and Coyle would be much weaker.

Coyle was sent back to Houston already....but he needed it, he wasn't doing much of anything here.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Oh how did I miss that.. Shame I thought he was playing fairly well. I guess they had to make room for Bouchard in the top lines.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I expected Granlund to jump in this year and compete for the Calder, over 0.5 ppg for sure. I expected Coyle, Zucker, Larsson, and Brodin to make the jump by the end of next season. So I'm definitely off.

Seems the road for these players is not necessarily smooth and perfect, although Brodin is just incredible so far. If they go back and forth this season and even next, not the end of the world.

But you sure as hell hope they show some impact by mid-to-late 2013-14.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I still think if Granlund keeps making strides like we've seen the past few games, he could still become that .5/gm player before the end of the season.

I think the biggest reason for the bumpy start, these guys more than anyone needed a full training camp and regular practices. They got no training camp and rarely get to just practice.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I agree that Granlund has been consistently improving his play.

If his scoring does not improve somewhat over the next 5 games or so, I think it would be safe to say our whole team's scoring does not improve as well. I really think it's more a team thing right now.

If that is the case, I really wouldn't mind Larsson and/or Zucker getting a shot at coming up. Just to give them a taste of NHL and to give them an idea of what they will need to succeed here. From their play in Houston, they both deserve a little time up here.

If Granlund gets sent down, it would not be because of punishment. It might not hurt him to have a little more time developing down there with Coyle.

Granlund has been good, but not really better than anyone here, and we have a lot of players fighting for a spot. I'ld rather have him down there for a bit than up here benched again. Being in Houston might help his confidence more if he can score a little more as well. Teamwide we have hit an all new low in regards to our pathetic ability to score, and that can't be good on anyone.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I don't think this was a statement about Coyle as much as a statement about the team.

If things don't get turned around tonight and Sunday i expect those 3 days off to start next week are going to be busy ones for the Wild and we will be saying good bye to some and hello to some others.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I really hope Setoguchi shows that he IS a second line winger. I really like his style but he needs to produce more. I think he could somehow click with Granlund.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
For as much flak as Granlund was getting early hes almost on pace for what everyone was predicting at the start of the season ~ 40 points pro-rated.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Yeah Granlund's on about a 32 point pace per 82 games. (And that's considering that this is about the worst/unluckiest he could possibly play most likely)

Want to know another guy that had 32 points in 82 games in their rookie year? Parise. Good thing people didn't give up on him.

Granlund's one of the most skilled/creative players on the team. I'm confident he's here for good. :yo:

Just be patient and watch him blossom :)

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Yeah Granlund's on about a 32 point pace per 82 games. (And that's considering that this is about the worst/unluckiest he could possibly play most likely)

Want to know another guy that had 32 points in 82 games in their rookie year? Parise. Good thing people didn't give up on him.

Granlund's one of the most skilled/creative players on the team. I'm confident he's here for good. :yo:

What is this foreign and scary word:amazed:

goodoldhockeygame

Sep 29, 2011
and now back to jesus.

can you tell me how mikke playd last night, could only catchup the first ten mins plus his assist.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

He will. Plenty of good players in the NHL had two to three years of transition before they 'got it'. Giroux had lots to learn, the Sedins did, etc.

Granny just needs to learn how to stay on his feet better and keep those feet moving. Once he does that, the ice will open up for him like it always has and he will be saucering for years to come.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
and now back to jesus.

can you tell me how mikke playd last night, could only catchup the first ten mins plus his assist.

Another better game..threw a couple pucks on net for rebounds/tip chances. I'd like to see him use his wrester more to try and score the puck but he is getting much better and is using his body more to get and protect the puck.

Also it seems he is good for 2-3 solid passes into shots a game lately and that is going to produce assists even on this snake bit team.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I really do like that he waits til guys are actually moving towards the net before he moves the puck in that direction with either a shot or a centering pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad