Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I still would like to see Parise and Granlund together...

Me too.

Granlund has shown to be good on the wing, I can't believe it hasn't even been tried yet.

Koivu and Granlund have already played together in the WC's, why the hell are they not given a chance at least?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Either have Granlund center Parise and Coyle, or just put Granlund in Coyle's spot on the top line.

I'd like to see either.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Either have Granlund center Parise and Coyle, or just put Granlund in Coyle's spot on the top line.

I'd like to see either.

I think Yeo is afraid of splitting Parise and Koivu. Its been quite a while since Koivu played with a good winger (and Parise is a great winger)

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
There will be time when the two are separated, but for now they need to be together. To be honest both have been very good imo the whole season. Their play has been close to excellent, but the scoring has been a little off. Not much though. Throw Granny in there and see the scoresheet go wild. With a capital uu.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I couldn't agree more..Granlund would make Parise look real good. Even better than Mikko does. Put all three of them on the same line...jackpot!

I'd even settle for Granlund in between Parise-Heater and Koivu with PMB who always plays well with Koivu but for some reason hasn't been tried lately.

Something like:

Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Setoguchi-Koivu-PMB

for the top 6. Granlund will eventually get himself to top line status this year. Its only a matter of time before he starts piling up points. He is getting better every game.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Keeps getting better and better every game. Showing new things every game. Some nice takeaways. He will be much better next season.

Steve Cockburn

Feb 8, 2013
Very solid work from Granlund for the Seto goal (nice finish also).

The boy is looking better game by game.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
I stopped watching Minny games because they are so boring, but what did Granlund do to go from 19 minutes to 12 minutes this game?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I stopped watching Minny games because they are so boring, but what did Granlund do to go from 19 minutes to 12 minutes this game?

He played last game very good, that's pretty suprising.. Haven't seen the game yet, gonna watch it after the work.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
So are these two blackhawks fans talking **** just a normal in this thread or what?

Apparently you didn't watch the game tonight, he was one of our best players.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
So are these two blackhawks fans talking **** just a normal in this thread or what?

Apparently you didn't watch the game tonight, he was one of our best players.

One of them is a Finnish troll, the other one is a semi-troll.

WKFan

Jan 6, 2008

Ville231

Dec 7, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Me too.

Granlund has shown to be good on the wing, I can't believe it hasn't even been tried yet.

Koivu and Granlund have already played together in the WC's, why the hell are they not given a chance at least?

Well thats not true. Granlund and Koivu have always played in different lines in the WC. They may've had some shifts together during some single game, but in '11 & '12 WC, Koivu centered the top line and Granlund played wing for the second line. They didnt even play together in PP.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thank you! Wondering if I was crazy. At this point he looks like PMB's smaller, weaker, less skilled, brother. A boy amongst men at this point. OTOH, Brodin looks like the Wild's best D man.

How can the evaluators get it this wrong? I was led to believe that Granlund was something special, and that Brodin might not be a top four D man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad