Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
I did a poll on who would you rather have Granlund or Bjugstad seeing that they are both the same age and 1st round centers. I was surprised that the vote was 22 for Bjugstad and only 4 for Granlund. I'm a fan of Bjugstad since we both went to the same high school and I saw him play a bunch, but obviously most of those people haven't seen Granlund play this year. Alot of people drool over Bjugstads size, but he is not a playmaker like Granlund is. Bjugstads got a great wrister and is more of a goal scorer.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Bjugstad has nowhere near the hockey IQ or passing skills as Granlund... Don't know what people were thinking in that poll. :shakehead

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
68 point pace (15/18) since return from injury.

What the flying ****? Obviously it has something to do with wingers he's had but there was no way he would have had 15 points in 18 games last season.

It seems he wasn't even near his physical peak if he could improve that much over just one off season. Just how much he can improve in the next off season?

If he gets 20 points this season, he's on a higher development curve than Mikko Koivu at the same age. And he actually just did. If he gets 50 points this season, he's two years ahead of Koivu's development.

If he has Parise and Pominville on his wing next season I could see him at over PPG pace. And he's still developing so fast I just can't see how his peak wouldn't be a few years away.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I did a poll on who would you rather have Granlund or Bjugstad seeing that they are both the same age and 1st round centers. I was surprised that the vote was 22 for Bjugstad and only 4 for Granlund. I'm a fan of Bjugstad since we both went to the same high school and I saw him play a bunch, but obviously most of those people haven't seen Granlund play this year. Alot of people drool over Bjugstads size, but he is not a playmaker like Granlund is. Bjugstads got a great wrister and is more of a goal scorer.

Granlund will be the better overall player for sure. Yes, Bjugstad will probably score more goals but Granny will put up a lot more assists. Also what year did you graduate? Haha i graduated from Anoka in '09

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Granlund will be the better overall player for sure. Yes, Bjugstad will probably score more goals but Granny will put up a lot more assists. Also what year did you graduate? Haha i graduated from Anoka in '09

I graduated in 05. I was out of school when Bjugstad played for Blaine, but I've heen going to high school games since I was young and I still go to the occasional Blaine game.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I graduated in 05. I was out of school when Bjugstad played for Blaine, but I've heen going to high school games since I was young and I still go to the occasional Blaine game.

Nice. Yeah Bjugstad was fun to watch in high school. Blaine always has a good team. Brodzinski boys were awesome too.

Would love to have Bjugstad on the Wild team but definitely glad we have Granlund on this team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bjugstad has nowhere near the hockey IQ or passing skills as Granlund... Don't know what people were thinking in that poll. :shakehead

They were thinking that Granlund wasn't that great last year so that's what they basing their comparison off of.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Nice. Yeah Bjugstad was fun to watch in high school. Blaine always has a good team. Brodzinski boys were awesome too.

Would love to have Bjugstad on the Wild team but definitely glad we have Granlund on this team.

Blaine usually does have good teams year in and year out. Last year was dissapointment. Should have made the State Tournament. This year though we are ranked 6th in the state. Elk River is 7th though so it's not going to be easy to make State this year either.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Ok, we've been asking for it and asking for it and asking for it... it finally happens and BOOM! That line we've been begging for Yeo to put together is dynamite!

Parise - Granlund - Pominville HAS to stick together!

took literally over an year to do most obvious thing, fire y..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Can't say it took over a year since Pominville hasn't even been with the Wild that long... and Granlund clearly struggled last season in the NHL.

You can say it took 3-4 months too long!

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
I didn't watch the game yesterday, fell asleep before it started. But damn he looks impressive in setting up that pominville goal. Also, compared to last season, he would not have been at that spot to score the goal last season.

It seems he's finally looking like he used to look when he still played in Finland for my home team IFK. Took maybe a bit longer than expected but hey, its good to see him back!

obv

Jan 25, 2014
Imaginationland
Fun to see him play now when hes adjusted to the NA game even if there is still a lot of work to do.The development in just one summer has been huge.
Really suck's that i don't often have time to watch his games anymore.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
It's not a knock against Koivu, but Parise and Poms need to be on a line with Granny. Koivu will produce with Nino and whoever else because that's just what Koivu does. Granny's talent will just keep growing. Kid has #1 C written all over him.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

bjugstad & granlund are completely different players. i wish we had both! granlund shows flashes of brilliance, just wish we'd see it more often.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
i was very impressed the way he bumped off an Av and then went on to set up Pominville last night. I saw him playing physical, and with some effect as well. For an undersized 21 year old European, I see some real high-end potential i had ever seen before.

He seems to improve week by week since he came back.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
i was very impressed the way he bumped off an Av and then went on to set up Pominville last night. I saw him playing physical, and with some effect as well. For an undersized 21 year old European, I see some real high-end potential i had ever seen before.

He seems to improve week by week since he came back.

Mikke is a fighter, he will overcome whatever might be in the way. After next summer he will be Minnesotas #1 center. And I love Mikko, but he is best suited to be really good #2. Granluds vision and ability to move the puck is just miles ahead.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
He is rolling right now and let's just hope that he can play like this end of the season. Hope he keep scoring more goals as well and that is a big step for him, trying to create more scoring chanses to himself.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Do you guys think he finishes the season with 10 goals + ? I hope he gets there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad