Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Amen. Very good post.

I would welcome Stastny to this team, but he would likely be 3C. That's not a knock on him. Just that he would be the best choice. Koivu is a good 1C (inb4 I get flamed for saying this) and we need Granlund's chemistry with Parise and Pommer.

I think IF we signed Stastny, our lineup would be something like:

Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Gran-Pom
Zucker-Stastny-Fonz
Cooke-Brodziak-X

Which I would be fine with.

I would put Haula as 4C and either move Brodziak to wing or buy him out.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
David Legwand would work as a 3rd C much better than Statsny.

Pretty much. Getting to say Leg Wand a lot would be a bonus too.

Having 3 good centers is fun and all, but why would any of you who are always fretting over contract numbers in a rush to sign Statsny at ~$7m per?

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
I'll be really curious to see if Granlund is allowed to stay with Parise and Pominville when Koivu returns, and if so, how he does. That line is getting some major attention and the second line looks pretty invisible.

I really hope Yeo explores that option, but you know #yeolo...

Parise-MG-Pominville
Niederreiter-Koivu-Coyle
Heatley-Brodz-Cooke
Mitchell-Haula-Hopefully not Veilleux

Zucker could replace Heatley, but Yeolo won't have balls to demote him to 4th for long periods and Zucker is better off in Iowa than 4th line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Nino - Koivu - Fontaine
Zucker - Coyle - Heatley
Cooke - Brodziak - Haula/Mitchell

Let Koivu elevate the games of two young/inexperienced players; keep 11/64/29 together to see if the chemistry can keep building.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Nino - Koivu - Fontaine
Zucker - Coyle - Heatley

Let Koivu elevate the games of two young/inexperienced players; keep 11/64/29 together to see if the chemistry can keep building.
I think Haula is as center as you can be.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Nino - Koivu - Fontaine
Zucker - Coyle - Heatley

Would be something.

Only problem is.. Wait for it....

YEO

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeo is literally the only person on the planet who would split up that line when Koivu comes back.

Let's hope he can overcome that outrageous urge!

He wont overcome that urge. I'd bet my avatar on that. Not more than two games after Koivu comes back we're back to Parise-Koivu-????.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He wont overcome that urge. I'd bet my avatar on that. Not more than two games after Koivu comes back we're back to Parise-Koivu-????.

I'll take you on that. Three games with Koivu in a different line with Parise. If that happens, you'll wear a MLP avatar for two weeks. If you're right, I'll wear whatever you choose for two weeks (as an avatar). Deal?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'll take you on that. Three games with Koivu in a different line with Parise. If that happens, you'll wear a MLP avatar for two weeks. If you're right, I'll wear whatever you choose for two weeks (as an avatar). Deal?

:laugh: I like how you had to add that caveat there just in case. :laugh:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Would be something.

Only problem is.. Wait for it....

YEO

Parise Granlund Pominville had 2 great games, then 2 scoreless games.

I like Granlund and Pominville together, but I also liked Nino on that line.

I'm not gonna be upset if it happens.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland

Its not like they got nothing done when they didn't score. That line has been dynamite and if it stays so pls don't uhh.. blow it?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

You're on.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I'll be really curious to see if Granlund is allowed to stay with Parise and Pominville when Koivu returns, and if so, how he does. That line is getting some major attention and the second line looks pretty invisible.

Yeo said he would consider leaving Granlund Parise Pominville together. he actually seemed pretty excited about the idea.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

I tought that last game was their second together, plus that one period in Anaheim? It dosen't mean that if they don't score that they don't play good. Last game that line combined half of the all Wild's shots.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I tought that last game was their second together, plus that one period in Anaheim? It dosen't mean that if they don't score that they don't play good. Last game that line combined half of the all Wild's shots.

You mean 1 period in Colorado... yes, Calgary and Tampa were the only two complete games with that line.

They played outstanding vs Tampa. Didn't get a point, but that doesn't mean they weren't good! They hit a post and Parise shot wide on a gaping net that should've been an easy goal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
David Legwand would work as a 3rd C much better than Statsny.

5 years older. Don't want Stastny at 7 M, though. Don't really want any older player till we're on the brink of competing for a Cup. We're not there yet.

Last edited:

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
I think it'll be interesting to see match-ups when Koivu returns. In regard to next year though, I honestly think if Granlund stays healthy he will put up 70+ points. Book it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
5 years older. Don't want Stastny at 7 M, though. Don't really want any older player till we're on the brink of competing for a Cup. We're not there yet.

I think next year is when the window will be wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad