Mika Zibanejad Vicious head to Pelech's shoulder.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
You should pay attention while on the ice. Zib needs to learn that headbutting other players is a soccer thing.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
We should start saving the Islander fan tears now and send them to the next draught location when Trouba, Rempe, Cuylle and others pound them Saturday

• Haha
Reactions: PROMputt

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
What a vicious headbutt by Zibanejad into Pelech’s shoulder

Thoughts and prayers sent up to the big-man upstairs

We should start saving the Islander fan tears now and send them to the next draught location when Trouba, Rempe, Cuylle and others pound them Saturday
The only ones shedding tears are the Rangers fans who apparently forgot to take off the Solar Eclipse glasses before watching the game

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why hasn't the thread title been changed to something neutral? Seems very slanted and unfair. Don't the moderators try for these thread titles to be neutral?

I didn't think there was anything there, but Laviolette is not a complainer about calls in the media. Hasn't said anything like this all year. Has barely disagreed with any calls all year in the media. He's a former NHL'er. Might know what he's talking about. Did he do what he thinks Pelech did and that's how he knows?

It looks like Pelech was moving towards that area of the ice, but I don't think it looks like he was lining Zibanejad up. I can at least see though why his movements would make someone think that, and potentially someone whose made that play before would be completely on top of that being dirty in a way most people wouldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: Sdevils42 and bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol just like Fox earlier this hear, Rags players have a tendency to have zero awareness on the ice and cause themselves to get injured then drum up some nonsense whining about the other team being dirty for simply being on the ice with them
You aren't getting away with this without being challenged.

Be honest with everyone that Aho injured Fox in a dirty fashion.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
There was about 15 seconds left when it happened. 5.6 left was after the empty net goal. Just think its something that can not be let go. Wouldn't surprise me if Dobson becomes a target on Saturday
And then the Isles go after Panarin.

I mean, that's pretty much how it would go, right?

After that, Barzal...then Fox...pretty soon the blades come out and it's all West Side Story and shit.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
If Zibanejad would just get a hair cut so he could see where he is skating this would not have been an issue
I cannot believe all the rangers fans conspiracy theories about this play. Zibanejad ran into Pelech not the other way around? Just taking whining to a new level I guess...

Reactions: Oryxo

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
If Zibanejad would just get a hair cut so he could see where he is skating this would not have been an issue
I cannot believe all the rangers fans conspiracy theories about this play. Zibanejad ran into Pelech not the other way around? Just taking whining to a new level I guess...
I just fail to understand why Pelech deserves any benefit of the doubt after the way that entire game went last night. Almost like people have been itching to just dog-pile onto the Rangers at the slightest of chances ever since Rempe earned his NHL promotion.
But I mean yeah, Zibanejad has to be the fall guy here because he's got long hair.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I just fail to understand why Pelech deserves any benefit of the doubt after the way that entire game went last night. Almost like people have been itching to just dog-pile onto the Rangers at the slightest of chances ever since Rempe earned his NHL promotion.
But I mean yeah, Zibanejad has to be the fall guy here because he's got long hair.
This makes total sense. The guy with a career high 42 minutes of penalties a few years ago is a head hunter. Z had 47 one year, that makes him a more likely subject.

Reactions: PWJunior

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
And then the Isles go after Panarin.

I mean, that's pretty much how it would go, right?

After that, Barzal...then Fox...pretty soon the blades come out and it's all West Side Story and shit.
Who’s the Sharks and who’s the Jets in this situation or will it be more of Romeo and Juliet with the Montague and Capulet families?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
This makes total sense. The guy with a career high 42 minutes of penalties a few years ago is a head hunter. Z had 47 one year, that makes him a more likely subject.
it's not about head hunting though, never has been in today's game, but it's still about sending messages and chipping away at eachother slowly during meaningful moments of the year. Adam Pelech is not a dirty player and that is my genuine opinion.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
it's not about head hunting though, never has been in today's game, but it's still about sending messages and chipping away at eachother slowly during meaningful moments of the year. Adam Pelech is not a dirty player and that is my genuine opinion.
A load of crap. My honest opinion.

Reactions: AirGut

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Pelech had no intention there but you failed to mention Dobson's cheap shot? That was pretty dirty and could have been very serious!
If you don't get this thread is aimed at Lavy, not sure what to tell you. Also, go read the Trochek thread where I clearly stated he was upset and had every right to be. I'm making of Lavy's dumb comments.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I agree, they have to suspend Zibs after trying to run his head through Pelech's shoulder. ThOuGhTs AnD PrayerS!!!!!!!

I also would like to end on this note. It seemed Zibs is ok and that's all that really matters AKA.

• Haha
Reactions: AirGut and PWJunior

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Lol just like Fox earlier this hear, Rags players have a tendency to have zero awareness on the ice and cause themselves to get injured then drum up some nonsense whining about the other team being dirty for simply being on the ice with them
If there's one thing Fox is known for, it's a lack of awareness.

Reactions: AirGut

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I would love to see the Rags poke the bear on Saturday. Every Isles fan knows Lou bolstered this team at every level to be playoff tough and got rid of our best fighter in Johnston because he was more a liability than a piece of the puzzle. It’s a couple of weeks early but if they want to bring the playoff season early so be it. I’m sure the Isles will oblige to rock their world. Many teams have tried but this battle tested line-up thrives on the tough stuff. Bring it on!

and even Nelson knows you don't piss off Bortuzzo

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00