Mika Zibanejad Vicious head to Pelech's shoulder.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Looks completely accidental to me. I understand some Ranger fans saying "accidentally on purpose" - and that might be true - but I hope those same fans hold Trouba to the same standard when he, for example, "accidentally" elbows Crosby in the head.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
f***ing rat tactic disguised as incidental, he saw Z going for the change and Zibanejad can be a real idiot but remember the onus is on Adam to not stick his f***ing wing out while toeing near the line behind the play. This is Roy getting his Isles to "out-dirty" a team like the Rangers at this time of year and that's fine, desperate Hockey. Send a postcard from Carolina.
Zibanejad changed course to run into Pelech. For all we know he was trying to take out Pelech the same way he tried to with that "accidental" slewfoot on Palmieri earlier in the game. I have to say the hockey gods have a way of providing fine retribution though. I remember telling myself right after it happened please stay down stay down cause that's one way to eliminate that threat.

I made it a point to see the collision as an intentional on Pelech's part as though I was seeing it through Laviolette's and some Rag fans eyes to understand their point of view and all that does is make me feel good about the hit. Kind of like the evil Emperor in Star Wars, "good, GOOOOOD".

Last edited:

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Looks completely accidental to me. I understand some Ranger fans saying "accidentally on purpose" - and that might be true - but I hope those same fans hold Trouba to the same standard when he, for example, "accidentally" elbows Crosby in the head.
those Trouba plays are full on committed hits in the defensive zone, this was not a situation of Pelech lining up a defensive zone hit with Zibanejad on the attack, this was a slimy behind the play flex of muscle to send a message in a long list of scummy plays throughout the whole game.

If that was the first play of the night that was questionable than I'd be more than willing to absolve Pelech of anything here, that was not the full context or case of last nights tumble in Nassau. Do people think Pelech, Roy, and his Isles cronies are all low-IQ children that don't know what they are doing with no set game plan? Some of you in this thread need to think about HOW you beat teams like the Rangers, like the Panthers, like the Lightning, what needs to be done to actually put a dent in them?

any Islander or even Devils fans playing coy in this thread are easily readable.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
those Trouba plays are full on committed hits in the defensive zone, this was not a situation of Pelech lining up a defensive zone hit with Zibanejad on the attack, this was a slimy behind the play flex of muscle to send a message in a long list of scummy plays throughout the whole game.

If that was the first play of the night that was questionable than I'd be more than willing to absolve Pelech of anything here, that was not the full context or case of last nights tumble in Nassau. Do people think Pelech, Roy, and his Isles cronies are all low-IQ children that don't know what they are doing with no set game plan? Some of you in this thread need to think about HOW you beat teams like the Rangers, like the Panthers, like the Lightning, what needs to be done to actually put a dent in them?

any Islander or even Devils fans playing coy in this thread are easily readable.
This would make a modicum of sense if anyone of us here who have watched Pelech play throughout his entire career do anything anywhere close to what you are claiming he did here. He's one of the cleanest guys in the game if not the league.

Other than this being an accidental collision the only sensible explanation was that Zibanejad took an intentional path towards Pelech's shoulder to make sure his face makes contact with Pelech's shoulder in order to knock himself silly with the hopes of drawing a penalty because he knows the only way the Rags can beat the Isles is through the man advantage then this was just one big silly FAIL on his part. Quite funny actually.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AirGut

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Pelech had no intention there but you failed to mention Dobson's cheap shot? That was pretty dirty and could have been very serious!

Dobson definitely gets a penalty there but with 5.6 seconds left 99% of the time it's not going to make a difference. Given the way the Isles play, make it 90% of the time it's not going to make a difference.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Dobson definitely gets a penalty there but with 5.6 seconds left 99% of the time it's not going to make a difference. Given the way the Isles play, make it 90% of the time it's not going to make a difference.
There was about 15 seconds left when it happened. 5.6 left was after the empty net goal. Just think its something that can not be let go. Wouldn't surprise me if Dobson becomes a target on Saturday

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I wonder if thi was one of those defensive zone hits:

Yes if the poster tends to determine an opposing player's intention through the the eyes of Trouba, in other words in this case if he was asking himself what Trouba would have done if he was in Pelech's shoes it usually is not a good look.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yes if the poster tends to determine an opposing player's intention through the the eyes of Trouba, in other words in this case if he was asking himself what Trouba would have done if he was in Pelech's shoes it usually is not a good look.
Trouba would have moved the shoulder-elbow so the elbow caught him square in the chin and caused a concussion while trying to act like he didn’t do anything wrong.

Reactions: pouf pouf

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Like two dumb high school kids on their cell phones running into each other in the hallway

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
f***ing rat tactic disguised as incidental, he saw Z going for the change and Zibanejad can be a real idiot but remember the onus is on Adam to not stick his f***ing wing out while toeing near the line behind the play. This is Roy getting his Isles to "out-dirty" a team like the Rangers at this time of year and that's fine, desperate Hockey. Send a postcard from Carolina.
See an eye doctor, soon.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
See an eye doctor, soon.
You do understand what time of the year it is right? You think Roy and his Islanders are going to be boy scouts during these games? Wake up. Nothing is done "unintentionally" when you're playing playoff Hockey. There is no better way to rattle an opponent than floating behind the play and committing scum-f***ery. It works. I have never once seen Rempe or Trouba floating around the red line with an elbow stuck out like a waiter serving at a 5-star restaurant.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You do understand what time of the year it is right? You think Roy and his Islanders are going to be boy scouts during these games? Wake up. Nothing is done "unintentionally" when you're playing playoff Hockey. There is no better way to rattle an opponent than floating behind the play and committing scum-f***ery. It works. I have never once seen Rempe or Trouba floating around the red line with an elbow stuck out like a waiter serving at a 5-star restaurant.
Zibinijad returned to the game though so it didn't really work. Next time though...

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Zibinijad returned to the game though so it didn't really work. Next time though...
of course it works, it sets tones for every game when you can take advantage of situations presenting themselves to you. That is the game within the game. There is no news regarding the situation of Zibanejad as of this afternoon and it could be likely that he won't be the same for the rest of the way. Islanders are poking the bear and trying to test the manhood of every playoff club in the East. The question that remains for me is just how much can/will the Isles muck it up when potentially dealing with one of the heaviest teams in the East, the Carolina Hurricanes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad