Mika Zibanejad Vicious head to Pelech's shoulder.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Like I said in the GDT at the time of that incident, that was just Zibanejad displaying some Jack Johnson level on-ice awareness. It's like when Johnson did this when trying to make a line change:

Coincidentally, Pelech was involved in this situation as well.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Like I said in the GDT at the time of that incident, that was just Zibanejad displaying some Jack Johnson level on-ice awareness. It's like when Johnson did this when trying to make a line change:

Coincidentally, Pelech was involved in this situation as well.

Ya, I’d buy the Pelech elbow if that’s the part that got Zibby, but he just ran into his shoulder on his own. The elbow sticking out didn’t even get to play a factor, we don’t have to guess about intention, that hit was happening anyways.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
AKA, glad to see Mika was OK. Such a odd play.

Right, Zib's health is paramount first and foremost but it really undermines the whole thing and Lavi not having a slight clue of Zibanejad's concussion issues. Guy could have gotten slightly tapped in the head and those issues flare up again. It doesn't make the play dirty, that's just how head injuries work sadly

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Right, Zib's health is paramount first and foremost but it really undermines the whole thing and Lavi not having a slight clue of Zibanejad's concussion issues. Guy could have gotten slightly tapped in the head and those issues flare up again. It doesn't make the play dirty, that's just how head injuries work sadly
Agreed, I was making light of Lavi in this case.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Honestly looked like Pelech just wanted to bump him with his elbow to knock him off balance/down accidentally on purpose but Zibs face ran into his shoulder

Reactions: HolyHagelin

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pretty clear case of two guys not paying attention to one another. Stupid comment from Lav but he’s pissed off thinking his 1C might be hurt in a meaningless game for his team, definitely clouding his judgement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad