Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
It's amazing that he missed as many games as he did with *thing* and hasn't missed a beat coming back in.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And the coaching staff said it was not. And it was not printed in newspapers. You know, little indicators.....

At the end of the day, whether it was or wasn't, the bottom line is that the official word is that it was not a concussion.

We can speculate, disagree, read the tea leaves, quote whoever we want, double check with people behind the scenes, but the official word from the team was "no."

It is what it is.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
At the end of the day, whether it was or wasn't, the bottom line is that the official word is that it was not a concussion.

We can speculate, disagree, read the tea leaves, quote whoever we want, double check with people behind the scenes, but the official word from the team was "no."

It is what it is.
Exactly right. We can take what the official word is or we can keep speculating as if we know better.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not sure it matters at this point, but I'm still partially in the camp saying that he had a concussion.

But again I suppose the point is moot now

He's been playing great since coming back, which is the most important thing

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not sure it matters at this point, but I'm still partially in the camp saying that he had a concussion.

But again I suppose the point is moot now

He's been playing great since coming back, which is the most important thing

Either way, it was a serious injury, and thankfully he's come out firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Either way, it was a serious injury, and thankfully he's come out firing on all cylinders.
This is honestly all that matters to me in this whole situation. We've seen Mika struggle for weeks at a time when coming back from his previous injuries, but that hasn't been the case lately.

What I'm curious to see is how long is takes these new lines to settle into a groove and if they can be consistent. I like how we're spreading out the talent in our lineup a bit better than we were earlier in the season.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
During Mika's HOF induction speech

"Finally, I'd like to thank most of all the fans. For always supporting me, and pushing me harder. There are no words to describe what each one of you meant to me and my career. Thank you."

HF: 'Pushing me harder'?, 'No words'? CLEARLY WAS A CONCUSSION LIKE I f***IN' TOLD Y'ALL 13 YEARS AGO

does told ya so dance*

Reactions: Rongomania

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've wondered if that "neck injury not a concussion" thing is some BS that they make up to avoid calling things a concussion...iirc when Crosby had all those issues after the Steckl run in they eventually claimed it was a neck problem not a concussion, same with Staal for one of his "concussions".

That said, the Rangers and Mika are pretty consistent with not calling it a concussion for this instance so I'll just go with what they say. e: and neck injuries are seriously a major pain in the...well...
It can make it really hard to properly position your whole body when it comes to a bad neck injury.

Moving beyond all that though is anyone else kind of surprised at how fast Mika is at times? He's not known at all for being a fast skater but he legit is probably the fastest on the team and I remember in the Edmonton game months back he won a foot race with McDavid to the puck on like the opening faceoff. Guy is a fascinating player.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And after all of this, we're right back to the neck.

And that despite the symptoms, he didn't have a concussion, based on the tests.

Officially.

For the second time.

Just waiting for the "I don't care what they say. It was a concussion" comments

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Zibanejad might actually be my favorite player on this roster.

My only complaint is that I want that season where he plays all 82 games and puts up that 90+ points, just so I can "see" it in his official bio.

Reactions: jas and 007

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think Zibanejad might actually be my favorite player on this roster.

My only complaint is that I want that season where he plays all 82 games and puts up that 90+ points, just so I can "see" it in his official bio.
His compete level is admirable. Its rare to see a player with talent, grind it out as he does.

He'll get those numbers soon enough IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad