Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
I've wondered if that "neck injury not a concussion" thing is some BS that they make up to avoid calling things a concussion...iirc when Crosby had all those issues after the Steckl run in they eventually claimed it was a neck problem not a concussion, same with Staal for one of his "concussions".

That said, the Rangers and Mika are pretty consistent with not calling it a concussion for this instance so I'll just go with what they say. e: and neck injuries are seriously a major pain in the...well...
It can make it really hard to properly position your whole body when it comes to a bad neck injury.

Moving beyond all that though is anyone else kind of surprised at how fast Mika is at times? He's not known at all for being a fast skater but he legit is probably the fastest on the team and I remember in the Edmonton game months back he won a foot race with McDavid to the puck on like the opening faceoff. Guy is a fascinating player.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just by the eye test not looking at stats Mika looks like the best player we have. I feel like Panarin's game is more subtle and he's more efficient and smarter, so he's more effective and the better player, however.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Panarin is definitely the superior offensive talent. He’s a genuine superstar elite producer. Mika is obviously a 1C. Maybe not the top tier, but clearly a first line center and the nice thing is that he looks to continue to be trending up in production but he’s also an all around player. He’s good on the draw, PKs, hits and puts up first line production. Hard to really compare a winger to a center and Panarin isn’t a slouch in terms of back checking and effort, but as a very productive all around top line center, Z is every bit as valuable.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Zibanejad is just a horse, he’s all over the ice. Breaks up so many plays defensively and a really good player off the puck, a lot better then Panarin. One of the biggest threats in the league short handed too.

We’re lucky to have both but I think I’d keep Mika if you put gun to my head and said pick one.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Love Mika and love Panarin, I’m just waiting for the day we finally have a truly home grown superstar that’s not Hank. Who was the last one besides him, Leetch?

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Love Mika. But goodness, I could do without his heavy breathing in during his interviews. Understand this seems to be a cultural Scandinavian trait. Makes me anxious as hell watching his postgame!

Reactions: motopanekeku

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Love Mika. But goodness, I could do without his heavy breathing in during his interviews. Understand this seems to be a cultural Scandinavian trait. Makes me anxious as hell watching his postgame!

The players are always on edge and anxious that Giannone is going to ask some unnecessarily verbose & 'cerebal' question about the game...

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Mika has zero personality and gives horrible interviews idk why everyone is so adamant about giving him the C. Great player don’t get me wrong but he doesn’t strike me as Captain material .

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Come on, AK. Really? You could not pick up on the tongue n cheek? I was one of the more outspoken people that he did NOT have a concussion.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have a hard time telling you and RGY, and others, apart. Lack of an avatar contributes to that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->