Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
Mika is back tomorrow! So excited. Let's hope Kakko and Chytil find the chemistry that Chytil and Buch had, implying Kakko isn't placed on the fourth line with Howdy.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Ok, maybe I'm feeling a little better about the next 3 games in 4 nights.

Zibad is back, playing with Kreids and Buchy. And they have had success together.

That means Panarin and Strome will stay together, leaving Chytil, Kakko and Lemiuex as a really solid 3rd line. I think Lemieux and Chytil will really complement each other. And Kakko has already played well with Lemieux.

Howden anchors the 4th line, where he was always meant to be.

Quicky most likely will be reunited with Strome and Panarin.

Boys, we have just got a ton better with Zibad back.

Reactions: haveandare

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It’s possible, and is something I suspect, but don’t have any proof of.

I will say that team’s behind the scenes comments have matched what they’ve said publicly. They’ve been a little more detailed, though not totally forthcoming, but also not in contrast to what was said in pressers.

But I do wonder if there’s some disagreement on the diagnosis - and that’s just me spitballing.

If there is a scenario where Zibanejad feels like he knows his body, and feels strongly that this feels like a concussion, it could stand in contrast to a physician or team of physicians telling him that they’re not seeing actual evidence of it, other than what he’s telling them.

You could have Mika saying, “I know what a damn concussion feels like” and the response being, “The scans are not showing anything on your brain and your protocol tests don’t show indications either.”

Again, I have no proof of this, but it does make the most sense to me when I look at all the pieces.
I will try this again. Sorry.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Again, I have no proof of this, but it does make the most sense to me when I look at all the pieces.

The disagreement might not be about “what” Zibanejad is feeling, but rather “why” he is feeling it.

The human brain is a very complicated thing (as we all know) my 2 cents is pretty much this. After having had many "concussions" or similar symptoms of concussions it is really difficult to tell (I suppose that is where the doctors come in) but regardless.......and what I am trying desperately to get at is.....even if it "is not" a so called concussion.......it could certainly feel that way BECAUSE previous concussions CHANGE things........and being the BRAIN as complex as it is........could make one feel like they have one when it is NOT, AND vice versa to the person that is in severe denial......that NO damage was done. Take it from one who KNOWS. Not to say that I KNOW that this is the case....but just offering another version, per sé.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Looks like Bergeron will be out against us Friday, but I hope next time we meet we give him a tough time. Hard to imagine he didn't have intent.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sooo:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Fast
Lemieux-Chytil-Kakko
who cares

Starting to look pretty deep up front with Chytil/Strome playing as well as they have.
I like it just hope Quinn gives it some time especially if the third line doesn't gel right away. The Panarin-Strome (or lets be honest Panarin-anyone lol) connection allows us to have hopefully two really good lines.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The only "official" report was from Nov. 4 (I believe) when Quinn said it wasn't a concussion but a "neck thing". So, that's what it will go down as, unless we hear explicit information indicating otherwise.

And people will still say it's a concussion

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I mean, you can still get a concussion without getting hit in the head :dunno:

But either way, Mika is BACK today and I am pumped.
Yeah, I always use the jello-in-a-bowl analogy. "This is your brain, and this is your brain shaking around inside your skull." If a force to your neck or chest causes your brain to jar against your skill, bruising it, you have a concussion.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, I always use the jello-in-a-bowl analogy. "This is your brain, and this is your brain shaking around inside your skull." If a force to your neck or chest causes your brain to jar against your skill, bruising it, you have a concussion.

And that's exactly one of the things they would look for when diagnosing it as a concussion or something else.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
They found a way to resurrect him. He was busy playing "Weekend at Gorton's"

Very true. Well regardless, the Rangers have to seriously be thinking about what they're going to do with their #1 center who is on a sweetheart deal for the next few years. They gotta be really careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad