Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I see no reason why going forward we would be unable to compete with this:

Macarthur Turris Ryan
UFA Zibanejad UFA
Conacher Lazar Stone
Peterson Smith Condra

I'm sorry but for those who doubt Zibby please get back to me when he reaches his full potential and is a dominant force on both sides of the puck and putting up 60+ points centering our second line. He is Kesler 2.0.

That is a lottery pick line-up unless the two UFA wingers are Pat Kane and Corey Perry!
I think you are dreaming about Zibby putting up 60 pts. Even with Turris having a great year he is only on track for 62 and Zibby is not the offensive talent Turris is. I would put Zibby in the 45-50 pt season tops.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He was talking about sometime in the future. Its certainly better than the current roster.

You mean the roster missing two players and having two rookies? one centreing the third line, and a soft scoring winger on the 4rth line?

Yeah, that's how I know you've lost it. That line loses to AHL teams.

there is not a forward on that team that has a better resume at their current age than Spezza, yet they are all projected to be better?

Simple truth time: that team would be the laughing stock of the NHL, a la 1992 Ottawa Senators...

Kids think youth is the difference, until they get older and realize that experience trumps youth at at least a 2 to 1 ratio....

Play it again sam...

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You mean the roster missing two players and having two rookies? one centreing the third line, and a soft scoring winger on the 4rth line?

Yeah, that's how I know you've lost it. That line loses to AHL teams.

there is not a forward on that team that has a better resume at their current age than Spezza, yet they are all projected to be better?

Simple truth time: that team would be the laughing stock of the NHL, a la 1992 Ottawa Senators...

Kids think youth is the difference, until they get older and realize that experience trumps youth at at least a 2 to 1 ratio....

Play it again sam...

Future. Thats a roster like 3 or more years away. He's not talking about this September. Its so simple.

They may not be better than peak Spezza but they sure will be better than current and future Spezza.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He was talking about sometime in the future. Its certainly better than the current roster.

Worked out differently for the Avs.

Perhaps, we shall see....

Are you ready to spend 3-4 year getting lottery pics? Given that you can barely handle fighting for a playoff spot I doubt it.....

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Future. Thats a roster awhile from now. Its so simple.

They may not be better than peak Spezza but they sure will be better than current and future Spezza.

Duuuuuuuude, none of them are as good as Spezza was at THEIR age, what in the world makes you think that all of a sudden they will become better than a better player in the future.

The reality is that as they get older they will never be as good as Spezza, and never come close to his point production.

Hopefully they will make up for the difference in other areas.

And then...... Well....... Then they'll hit 30 and get written off by the next generation of know-it-all kids....

And you'll be shouting at clouds like I am...

EDIT: and just so I'm clear on this 3 years down the road roster.... We're still banking on two UFA top six wingers to carry us to the promised land? And you came back at me with THAT?? Hahaha.... Try again man....

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Duuuuuuuude, none of them are as good as Spezza was at THEIR age, what in the world makes you think that all of a sudden they will become better than a better player in the future.

The reality is that as they get older they will never be as good as Spezza, and never come close to his point production.

Hopefully they will make up for the difference in other areas.

And then...... Well....... Then they'll hit 30 and get written off by the next generation of know-it-all kids....

And you'll be shouting at clouds like I am...

EDIT: and just so I'm clear o this 3 years down the road roster.... We're still banking on two UFA top six wingers to carry us to the promised land? And you came back at me with THAT?? Hahaha.... Try again man....

Better than banking on Spezza.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
as its not NHL 14, hopefully there isnt a mass exodus of our good players in those 3-5 years while we are a poor team.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
They wont be rookies in 3 or 5 years....

Not my head that needs checking.

My head?

So let me get this straight.... 2 magic top six UFA's.... But hey I'll let that fantasy epic pass for a moment...

Peterson, who can't crack the line up now for a look, is going to become a stalwart 4th liner on our dream-3year-down-the-road team...

Lazar, who I'm stoked on, is already slotted as a third line centre. He's likely to be better than Zibby in 3 years, but even then, none of our three centres are better than Spezza has been, and nothing to show that any of them will be better in the future. And apparently we got nothing for him... What happened to Michalek? We just let him go for nothing too for magical UFA space?

This i**** works on your simmed NHL 2014 bud, but not in the real world...

Again, check your head son...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not sure where you see that. Zibby has really good speed, has a good shot and is tough. So far he has average moves and playmaking skills. He reminds me of Mike Fisher with a little more talent. I see his ceiling as a good number 2 but not a number one.

That is a lottery pick line-up unless the two UFA wingers are Pat Kane and Corey Perry!
I think you are dreaming about Zibby putting up 60 pts. Even with Turris having a great year he is only on track for 62 and Zibby is not the offensive talent Turris is. I would put Zibby in the 45-50 pt season tops.

Lmao.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch games. Zibanejad has crazy dekeing skills. The guy goes inside out on players all the time. He embarrasses them. He also has very good and underrated passing ability.

Zibanejad has played a lesser role than last year yet as a 20 year old 3rd line center he is on pace for 20 goals and 35-40 points while demolishing players and playing great defensive hockey.

How do you see Zibanejad reaching 45 points tops? LOL.

WhiteLight*

Lmao.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch games. Zibanejad has crazy dekeing skills. The guy goes inside out on players all the time. He embarrasses them. He also has very good and underrated passing ability.

Zibanejad has played a lesser role than last year yet as a 20 year old 3rd line center he is on pace for 20 goals and 35-40 points while demolishing players and playing great defensive hockey.

lol 45 points tops

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
My head?

So let me get this straight.... 2 magic top six UFA's.... But hey I'll let that fantasy epic pass for a moment...

Peterson, who can't crack the line up now for a look, is going to become a stalwart 4th liner on our dream-3year-down-the-road team...

Lazar, who I'm stoked on, is already slotted as a third line centre. He's likely to be better than Zibby in 3 years, but even then, none of our three centres are better than Spezza has been, and nothing to show that any of them will be better in the future. And apparently we got nothing for him... What happened to Michalek? We just let him go for nothing too for magical UFA space?

This i**** works on your simmed NHL 2014 bud, but not in the real world...

Again, check your head son...

Where are we getting this magical peak Spezza? Zibanejad is a lock to better than current Spezza, considering he already is better. Lazar is more likely than not. Not that thats something much.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When has Zibanejad played great defensive hockey? His defensive zone coverage is shaky at best. Also don't confuse activity with accomplishment. Zibanejad has very little finish for all these 'amazing' dekes.

I hope Zibanejad proves me wrong but I don't see the offensive upside. I hope he can hit 60 at some point.

Also no. Zibanejad is not currently better than Spezza. I get it though he's new and Spezza is old.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lmao.

If Zibby can find his game on a consistent basis he will easily surpass 60. Remains to be seen if he will. I'm high on him though, I think he'll make it.

Might take a couple of seasons.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
probability of a happen is x, of b happening is y, (both signficant)

therefore a will happen, or b will happen.

it's beyond nonsense, unless you have a track record of making great evaluations, it's seriously difficult to take some things seriously

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lmao.

Demolishing players is a reach

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yea apparently spezza and michalek left for nothing in this future lineup
so im assuming murray was fired when that went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad