Mika Zibanejad, Part II : "Zibby Ki-Yay" Die Hard Theme Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zibanejad line will go only as far as he takes it. It is up to him control the play being the center

He needs to play like he did last game no matter his wingers

Yup. Exciting stuff, last game that line looked like it had making of potential number 1 line. How amazing would that be.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Regarding Michalek, I think he does need some in game coaching because he is not earning his salary and needs to get more involved. Plus some out of game video review and suggestions for improvement. So far I don't see much if any benefit from the healthy scratch, so I think a few more healthy scratch games plus serious coaching chats are required.

I agree, if he isn't producing, and if he doesn't have the speed, he's going to have to be a solid player away from the puck, and be able to slot into the line up where ever he's needed.

I still think he's a solid vet who can play on any line, and that versatility is important to have. Not being a detractor anywhere is the next best thing to being an impact player somewhere (not exactly glowing praise).

If he wants to stay in the league he's going to have to adjust his game to fit his body. I'm not giving up on him, the transition is hard, especially when it's so different than what his game used to be.

I'm patient, I ain't sweatin' it

Karlsson2Turris*

I actually do not understand why some people say he's a black hole offensively. Imo he's been very good since being healthy scratched.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Never seen a blend of such size, shot (wrist shot, slapper AND one timer), stick handling, passing, skating, physicality, defensive awareness... Ability to thrive in high pressure situations.

He has a mix of everything. He doesn't lack anywhere. Some will say intensity and hockey sense, that is highly debatable and remains to be seen.

Haven't seen many players with a blend of all of the things mentioned.

The player you describe would be an elite, bordering on generational player. You might be maxing out on your homerism...but this is a new level. How is he this good and not known as one of the top players in the league? Or should I assume you don't watch other teams,

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
giphy.gif

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Murray should walk into MacLean's office and tell him he's fired on the spot if he breaks up the Ryan-Zibby-Hiffman line. That should be a line that sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad