Mika Zibanejad, Part II : "Zibby Ki-Yay" Die Hard Theme Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Showed how high his potential is with his performance tonight.

I expect nights like this will be much more frequent as he continues to progress as a player.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
His style of play means he's going to be inconsistent for awhile as a relatively young player.

Buckle up folks.

I maintain the payoff is worth it.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Of course he isn't gonna be consistent still 21 and learning, this was just a trailer for the truly special talent we got coming up. Thanks Murray.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The player you describe would be an elite, bordering on generational player. You might be maxing out on your homerism...but this is a new level. How is he this good and not known as one of the top players in the league? Or should I assume you don't watch other teams,

What are you saying? I was describing his characteristics. Care to refute anyone of them? :)

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Never break up the Mac Turris Ryan line.

Never break up the Hoffman Zibby Ryan line.

Decisions decisions

The top nine that played this game should be kept as much intact as possible IMO, especially the top six. Not much we can do about the fourth line except try to limit their icetime as much as possible.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I didn't see the game tonight but Ryan made some truly great passes on the Zib goals

Did he ever!
He's been doing that all year long.

People think of him as a one-trick pony, like Heatley, but Ryan has made so many fantastic passes this year, and plays pretty hard in the defensive zone.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Never break up the Mac Turris Ryan line.

Never break up the Hoffman Zibby Ryan line.

Decisions decisions

Ya, I look at it like this. There's a chance Zib could (could) be our #1 centre in a few years. Bobby is a player that IMO belongs on our first line, and Turris and Mac aren't your bonafide/typical first liners, which is the role they are in right now. I've been a big proponent of keeping MacTurryan together, but I think at this point, how can you break up the Hoffman Zib Ryan trio. If it works out now, it could be huge going forward.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
super stoked on how zibby played today! was hoping he was going to get the hat trick because he sure as hell deserve it. him ryan and hoffy are going to be incredible and they all know it!!!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The top nine that played this game should be kept as much intact as possible IMO, especially the top six. Not much we can do about the fourth line except try to limit their icetime as much as possible.

Ya, I look at it like this. There's a chance Zib could (could) be our #1 centre in a few years. Bobby is a player that IMO belongs on our first line, and Turris and Mac aren't your bonafide/typical first liners, which is the role they are in right now. I've been a big proponent of keeping MacTurryan together, but I think at this point, how can you break up the Hoffman Zib Ryan trio. If it works out now, it could be huge going forward.

I think it's time we split Mac and Turris and look to try and see if anyone else clicks. Maybe Lazar and Mac? That line has been ineffective for a long time.

Of course we could always use some more talnted wingers to make things happen like Puemple Turris Prince.

Something needs to be done with those lines though. maybe Lazar Turris Stone?

The Ryan Zib Hoff line is dynamite!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I think it's time we split Mac and Turris and look to try and see if anyone else clicks. Maybe Lazar and Mac? That line has been ineffective for a long time.

Of course we could always use some more talnted wingers to make things happen like Puemple Turris Prince.

Something needs to be done with those lines though. maybe Lazar Turris Stone?

The Ryan Zib Hoff line is dynamite!

If Ryan Zib and Hoff can keep up their play consistently, I would be ecstatic to have a second line of Mac-Turris-Stone though. Good defensive line with decent offense.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

For now its a win win. Keep the top line so the second line can face up against weaker competition and keep the ball rolling. If the second line dries up we know that Mac Turris Ryan have chemistry so we can always revert back to them.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't know what he did when he was scratched, but he's looked faster/quicker since then.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
grenning kills every play, and he sucks

So you don't want him near anyone, not just Lazar? I just want to pretend Smith and Neil aren't on the team. Totally cool with getting rid of Greening and using someone else.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Mika is such a better player when he just rely's on instincts instead of trying to think the game. He's just been going off instincts offensively lately and its working. Keep it up Mika!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad