Injury Report: Mika Zibanejad: Broken Fibula, Out 6-8 Weeks.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Also--I'm stunned that the Rangers commented on this so soon. Seems like normally the team doesn't say anything for at least a day.

I'm guessing because it is a broken bone, it was easily detected with an x-ray. Takes longer with ligament issues and other things not picked up on with X-ray machine because MRI is not immediately available.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Thank God. I tore my ACL the same way. I thought for sure his ACL was torn and possibly his ankle fractured the way it bent.

Losing him for 8 weeks sucks, but I thought he was gone for the season.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Seems we're mostly in agreement that JT Miller to center is the most prudent move to make here. Lindberg hasn't looked NHL level let alone ready to play #3C.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Member centre depth?

Sucks but on the bright side it's early in the year, would be much worse to have this happen in March/April. Get well soon Mikachu

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Seems we're mostly in agreement that JT Miller to center is the most prudent move to make here. Lindberg hasn't looked NHL level let alone ready to play #3C.

I dunno. Miller hasn't played C in a long time and hasn't made the best decisions in his own zone. Center is the most defensively responsible of the Forward positions.

Stepan #1
Move Hayes up to #2
Pirri or Jooris can play #3
Lindberg can play #4 unless Pirri plays #3. If Pirri plays #3, then let Jooris play #4 and have Lindberg as #4 Winger.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Also--I'm stunned that the Rangers commented on this so soon. Seems like normally the team doesn't say anything for at least a day.

As long as AV has been here, if an injury is quickly diagnosed and it's long term, they have been very transparent about it.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Helps to have depth. W/O Buch, here's what I go with:

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Hayes-Grabner
Kreider-Pirri-Zucc
Lindberg-Jooris-Fast

I like this. Of all the lines I've read and heard and thought of myself with no Zibs and until Buch comes back, this is the best cominations of all. Well done Mrhockey.

Keeps the continuity and chemistry of the lines much more so than if we make Miller a center. I wonder if coaching staff will think of this....hmmmm. Here's to hoping.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Eh, Rangers have the best medical staff in the league. They don't just throw around MRI's to a guy who says "i have back spasms.." and then is good to go the next day or so.

It's once it becomes chronic that the doctors begin to worry, and now they are taking the next step in trying to diagnose what is wrong with him.

Agreed completely. Calling it irresponsible is silly.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Good news. Could've been so much worse.

yeah true that - maybe he is recovered before that date due to his young age - still blows since he scored twice in two games and was hot even though it was Zuci who created the goal.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This is horrible.

I was SO hoping that Zibanejad would finally take the next step(s) and become the star he has the potential to be.:cry:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The ice was bad. I think Mika commented on it between the first and second intermission and then Kreider did the same between the second and third. There you go. The Garden scheduling the Knicks game in the afternoon. It ain't a great idea.

This really sucks--better than an ACL though.

Oscar Lindberg's time to shine. Hopefully things go better with Buch and he's back before too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad