Injury Report: Mika Zibanejad: Broken Fibula, Out 6-8 Weeks.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Un******belivable.

Just our luck. Sigh.

Well guess it's good we never traded away one/two of our forwards at the start.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Better than acl. Poor guy. Great job getting back there. Those are the kinda things that bring your team closer together

NYRcupboundyessir*

Yeah see I feared this. ****in Ouch. But 6-8 weeks sounds ideal, we can endure certainly & give some other guys a chance in the meantime

Last edited by a moderator:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Un******belivable.

Just our luck. Sigh.

Well guess it's good we never traded away one/two of our forwards at the start.

Not sure what you are talking about. This is actually quite lucky. Guy could be back just after New Year's. Could have been so much worse. All teams have injuries...that's why depth is huge.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Absolutely CRAZY how it took this long for the team to get him one. Absolutely unacceptable for an NHL team.

Eh, Rangers have the best medical staff in the league. They don't just throw around MRI's to a guy who says "i have back spasms.." and then is good to go the next day or so.

It's once it becomes chronic that the doctors begin to worry, and now they are taking the next step in trying to diagnose what is wrong with him.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Better for these injuries to happen now than in March, tbh. Let's see how the team handles adversity. Could be good for team bonding and chemistry.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Best case scenario considering the possibilities.

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Fast
Kreider-Miller-Zuccarello
Pirri-Jorris-Lindberg

should be the temporary lines until Buchnevich is good to go and bumps Fast down.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's actually kind of a relief. When I saw the initial replay I assumed his ankle and knee were completely obliterated and he was done for the year.

Get well soon, Zibs.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Losing a player like Zibs is always going to hurt, but this team has the depth to handle it and he'll be back when the games start getting important.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Get well Zibby. Rest up. Bones heal most of time ligaments don't . Still sucks that he's hurt but this is much better news than a patella tendon being torn or acl

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Yea, this is best case scenario imo. I thought for sure it was season ending injury. Broken fibula is still a pretty bad injury but at 6-8 weeks means he should be back at full strength by February.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also--I'm stunned that the Rangers commented on this so soon. Seems like normally the team doesn't say anything for at least a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad