Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Previous Switch console exclusive, Octopath Traveler, coming to Game Pass shortly. I only played the demo and thought it was meh, but for "free" why not?

Played some of the Outriders demo and while it's fun there's something missing that I can't quite put my finger on. I tried the fire class so maybe I'll try a different one.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Star Wars Squadrons is now available on Game Pass. Optimized for Series X|S

Pretty good game, very bare-bones.

Single player campaign isn't even worth completing, but the multiplayer is solid. It does have a lack of modes/levels and you have to be ready to get mercilessly destroyed for a while if you're new to this type of game.

I wouldn't play it without a joystick.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well, after about 16 months my Elite Series 2 controller has an issue with the right bumper. It doesn't work sometimes or double-clicks. Seems like a common problem as there are several Youtubes on fixing it by pulling apart the controller and adjusting this plastic piece. Didn't work so great for me. Fairly aggravated for a few reasons, when I purchased this one through Amazon they were not offering any type of extended warranty. There are zero local places around me that will repair them and Microsoft only does if it's within the year warranty. I really like the controller and need the paddles, I don't see anything decent with paddles for much less than the Elite 2.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, after about 16 months my Elite Series 2 controller has an issue with the right bumper. It doesn't work sometimes or double-clicks. Seems like a common problem as there are several Youtubes on fixing it by pulling apart the controller and adjusting this plastic piece. Didn't work so great for me. Fairly aggravated for a few reasons, when I purchased this one through Amazon they were not offering any type of extended warranty. There are zero local places around me that will repair them and Microsoft only does if it's within the year warranty. I really like the controller and need the paddles, I don't see anything decent with paddles for much less than the Elite 2.

16 months is more than most people get out of the Elite controllers, so good for you.

Seriously though, try calling Microsoft support. I got my Series 1 pre-owned in 2018, and I’ve been able to send it in multiple times even though the warranty has expired.

However, I will never buy one again and it’s collecting dust since the Series X controller came out, which I prefer anyways.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I see that Game Pass has alot of Yakuza games on there, is there any chance they throw Like a Dragon on there in the next three months or so?
Probably not, especially with it being one of the rare new games with with all the covid delays. I'm sure it's still selling.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
16 months is more than most people get out of the Elite controllers, so good for you.

Seriously though, try calling Microsoft support. I got my Series 1 pre-owned in 2018, and I’ve been able to send it in multiple times even though the warranty has expired.

However, I will never buy one again and it’s collecting dust since the Series X controller came out, which I prefer anyways.

I've never even tried it or used it, I need the paddles and it seems very light compared to the Elite

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I've never even tried it or used it, I need the paddles and it seems very light compared to the Elite

I could never quite get used to the paddles.

I love the design of the Xbox One controller and how it felt in my hand, and the Series X only improved on that.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You gotta give Phil Spencer and the entire Xbox team credit where credit is due. Remember how disastrous the Xbox One launch was?

He listened to the consumers, and completely fixed the mess. Amazing backwards compatibility, especially with FPS Boost now. Rebuilt studios and purchased new ones to add amazing exclusives. Built Game Pass and xCloud. Introduced a budget console for more casual gamers, while also providing a payment plan for financially-struggling gamers.

I'm not huge into the entire console war storyline, but I think he's really levelled the playing field here. In this generation, there's a lot of good reasons to purchase an Xbox Series X or S.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
You gotta give Phil Spencer and the entire Xbox team credit where credit is due. Remember how disastrous the Xbox One launch was?

He listened to the consumers, and completely fixed the mess. Amazing backwards compatibility, especially with FPS Boost now. Rebuilt studios and purchased new ones to add amazing exclusives. Built Game Pass and xCloud. Introduced a budget console for more casual gamers, while also providing a payment plan for financially-struggling gamers.

I'm not huge into the entire console war storyline, but I think he's really levelled the playing field here. In this generation, there's a lot of good reasons to purchase an Xbox Series X or S.

Abundance of games versus limited drive space is going to come back and bite them in the ass before too long.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Abundance of games versus limited drive space is going to come back and bite them in the ass before too long.

External HDDs don't really cost that much. 4 TB and upwards don't cost "that" much. They are just fine as storage devices for games. It doesn't really take that long to transfer games to the internal SSD and vice versa.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The consoles this generation are in a pretty great spot regarding price to performance so I don't think adding more storage to the base console would have been a good idea. You can always expand it if you need more.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah, 1TB is fine. It fills up fairly quick, but SSD drives are expensive right now and any more storage would raise the console price significantly.

Right now, I’m fine with an external hard drive and transferring between them. It really doesn’t take long at all, and I usually keep games I’m playing on the internal drive. I’ll get an external SSD when they drop in price.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad