Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I still cannot find one of these Xbox Series X. Am I doing something wrong? Every day I wake up and check Walmart and the other sites and nothing. And when I have found Walmart (last time a month ago) I can’t even add the time to my cart. Bizarre they haven’t produced more of these by this point.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I still cannot find one of these Xbox Series X. Am I doing something wrong? Every day I wake up and check Walmart and the other sites and nothing. And when I have found Walmart (last time a month ago) I can’t even add the time to my cart. Bizarre they haven’t produced more of these by this point.
I’m sure they want too, but both Xbox and Playstation are dealing with the same production constraints right now and sounds like it might be that way until the summer.

Reactions: Jussi

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Xbox is going to have some great exclusives this generation. Halo Infinite looks awesome and it still a massive IP. Avowed looked fantastic, and if the rumours are true, it could change the future of RPG’s. I think Everwild looks fantastic, too.

And this is all without including Bethesda, who has huge titles coming. We don’t know if they’re going to be exclusives yet, but we do know they’re for sure going to run the best on Xbox, and Gamepass Day 1 which is a huge win.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
made the switch to Xbox. should be here tomorrow. So game pass gives me free games and the ability to play online (xbox gold)?

kind of excited to come back. had to order the pulse red controller as well.

Reactions: Jussi and GreytWun

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I don't think this should be a surprise to anyone.

A game nearing completion, like Starfield, might just be released for PS5. But future titles, such as Doom, Fallout and Elder Scrolls? Hell no. Microsoft literally doesn't care about individual sales...they aren't releasing the console sales figures and put AAA launch titles on Gamepass on Day 1. Their goal is to get as many people into the Windows/Xbox ecosystem and subscribing to Gamepass.

However, I could see Microsoft approaching Sony and Nintendo with an offer to put Gamepass on their consoles so they can access some of these exclusive titles.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't think this should be a surprise to anyone.

A game nearing completion, like Starfield, might just be released for PS5. But future titles, such as Doom, Fallout and Elder Scrolls? Hell no. Microsoft literally doesn't care about individual sales...they aren't releasing the console sales figures and put AAA launch titles on Gamepass on Day 1. Their goal is to get as many people into the Windows/Xbox ecosystem and subscribing to Gamepass.

However, I could see Microsoft approaching Sony and Nintendo with an offer to put Gamepass on their consoles so they can access some of these exclusive titles.

That game seems to be far from completion. Only a 2021 release date. Also, the only, likely timed, PS5 exclusive titles are Deathloop and GhostWire: Tokyo.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I do wonder about the future of Game Pass and what we'll see on it, will launch titles go on Game Pass and stay on it? Will it just expand forever? Will they cycle titles in and out including their own games?

This is like the "Netflix of games" on steroids. Netflix started out small and is in a competitive, fragmented streaming world. Microsoft swooped into this as a massive player, bought out one of the largest studios in the business, bought dozens of small, medium sized studios and invested more money to create their own, improve their own existing studios. Essentially they now own a ton of games, a ton of IPs and they don't really have to bid for rights like Netflix does. I'm sure they have KPIs they will look at internally for all their studios but I do like the vision and I hope this is a 'golden age' of gaming.

I'm hyped for Perfect Dark, I'm hyped for Age of Empires 4, for Halo, for a new Forza Horizon announcement. I know these things are all likely more than a year out but there are so many games I want to play on release and if Game Pass provides that... the value is huge in a world where a new title is $79.99 and I can play dozens of these new launches for a much cheaper monthly subscription. If I play two new games a year... the subscription at its full price is better value.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
That game seems to be far from completion. Only a 2021 release date. Also, the only, likely timed, PS5 exclusive titles are Deathloop and GhostWire: Tokyo.

I didn't word that the best. I think future Bethesda games (other than the ones coming for PS5 timed very soon) will be Xbox exclusive, except Starfield, which I think could be on both consoles.

I do wonder about the future of Game Pass and what we'll see on it, will launch titles go on Game Pass and stay on it? Will it just expand forever? Will they cycle titles in and out including their own games?

This is like the "Netflix of games" on steroids. Netflix started out small and is in a competitive, fragmented streaming world. Microsoft swooped into this as a massive player, bought out one of the largest studios in the business, bought dozens of small, medium sized studios and invested more money to create their own, improve their own existing studios. Essentially they now own a ton of games, a ton of IPs and they don't really have to bid for rights like Netflix does. I'm sure they have KPIs they will look at internally for all their studios but I do like the vision and I hope this is a 'golden age' of gaming.

I'm hyped for Perfect Dark, I'm hyped for Age of Empires 4, for Halo, for a new Forza Horizon announcement. I know these things are all likely more than a year out but there are so many games I want to play on release and if Game Pass provides that... the value is huge in a world where a new title is $79.99 and I can play dozens of these new launches for a much cheaper monthly subscription. If I play two new games a year... the subscription at its full price is better value.

They've already announced that games released by their 23 studios (including Bethesda) will launch on Gamepass on Day 1. I would assume they'll stay on forever.. think Netflix with their original programming or Disney+ with their collection.

They already do cycle some third-party games - GTA V used to be on there and it's gone, and Witcher 3 is leaving this month. And then obviously add new games, like Dirt 5, Control and NBA 2k21. I imagine, for the most part for the new while, the library will continue to grow. But when there's 500+ games in the library, maybe they'll start taking more out, as I'm sure some of the AAA titles are expensive to get on there.

Also, there's speculation that a new Forza Horizon might come out this year! Xbox executives have teased that there's an unannounced AAA project Xbox is dropping this year (remember, Halo was supposed to drop 2020, so they had this planned already). And Halo Infinite is supposed to come out this year but who knows. The development updates are promising, however.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Looking at maybe getting a Series S but I have some Game Pass questions...you download the titles, right? And if you add them to your list, but don't download, are they still there even after they've left GP? I'm wondering about third party games like Witcher 3 and GTAV that were on the service for a short time.

Would I be able to change my old Live name? It's got some OG and 360 games that I would like to play but I don't want to use that name anymore.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Looking at maybe getting a Series S but I have some Game Pass questions...you download the titles, right? And if you add them to your list, but don't download, are they still there even after they've left GP? I'm wondering about third party games like Witcher 3 and GTAV that were on the service for a short time.

Would I be able to change my old Live name? It's got some OG and 360 games that I would like to play but I don't want to use that name anymore.

Change your gamertag on Xbox One

Once a game leaves Game Pass, you can't play. But, it can return. For example, Cities: Skyline left but came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->