Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Makes sense. The video game industry as a whole needs a change.

I’m surprised as many people get into game development as they do. It’s always seemed like a career where you work insanely long hours and usually under high-stress crunch time environments.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I’m surprised as many people get into game development as they do. It’s always seemed like a career where you work insanely long hours and usually under high-stress crunch time environments.

While they're treated poorly I'm sure it feels more rewarding when your end product is a game and not slight modifications to some ERP version 1.4.7645.453

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The thing is that game development use to be extremely high skill work, you had to have knowledge of coding. Now all it takes is a 1 or 2 year diploma and some experience in whatever CAD software the company hiring you uses

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparenrly the series X is not true hdmi 2.1, its 40 Gbps instead of the 48 Gbps that is the standard, so if there ever is a 8k60fps signal, it will have to be compressed.

However, the good news is that none of the newest hdmi 2.1 televisions follow the standard either and are all also 40 Gbps instead of the full 48.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Apparenrly the series X is not true hdmi 2.1, its 40 Gbps instead of the 48 Gbps that is the standard, so if there ever is a 8k60fps signal, it will have to be compressed.

However, the good news is that none of the newest hdmi 2.1 televisions follow the standard either and are all also 40 Gbps instead of the full 48.

Where are you seeing this info?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Where are you seeing this info?
It was at some under the radar PC hardware conference, targeted at engineers, it was essentially one slide in the presentation, this video covers it

This video discusses the rest of the presentation, including the announcement that there will be some type of DLSS type AI upscaling ability on the console

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That's a pretty good price tbh, might get one for the back compat

Edit: I just realized it has no disc drive

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Were people expecting anything other than $300 for the Lite version and $400 for the normal? I assumed it was SOP at this point.

Neither Sony or Xbox are going to release a $600 console IMO and I’d be very surprised if the Xbox was $500.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Were people expecting anything other than $300 for the Lite version and $400 for the normal? I assumed it was SOP at this point.

Neither Sony or Xbox are going to release a $600 console IMO and I’d be very surprised if the Xbox was $500.
Xbox series X is almost definitely going to be $500 at least.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'd be very surprised if Series X and PS5 don't both cost 500 dollars/euros.
I agree, tbh I'm surprised the leak above has it at $500 for the Series X, that seems insanely low for the hardware, but then the One X was pretty reasonably priced for the hardware too.

edit: are we sure that leak isn't faked?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'd still like to know just how much the "underpoweredness" will be a factor in playing Series games and if they have a buy back program for digital titles (this would be huge for whichever of the three companies do it first)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Never buying a console Day 1 again M$ let me down this gen.

I'm not sure how they could let you down after that terrible unveiling and launch. It was bundled with Kinect, had weird game ownership restrictions and focused on being a media center as much as a gaming console. It ended up being a disappointing console, but that's better than the disaster it looked to be early on.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not sure how they could let you down after that terrible unveiling and launch. It was bundled with Kinect, had weird game ownership restrictions and focused on being a media center as much as a gaming console. It ended up being a disappointing console, but that's better than the disaster it looked to be early on.

Well like you said. Kinect was a disaster and I wanted nothing to do with it since Day 1. I've never even used it. My thought process was MS has good trades in and they aren't going to screw over their core fan base... wrong! They realized they screwed up and dropped a better looking console with more memory and like $200 less. Gave us no trade ins and made our console obsolete. Oh you supported our shitty plan from Day 1 and now we stuck you with a $500 paper weight.

Then the games. Battle royales and R6. That's about it. This gen sucked.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
EA Play will be part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sometime around the holidays, will be interesting to see how it works (there will likely be exclusions compared to if you bought EA Play from EA as seen at the end of the video) but EA does have a decent library, it will allow you to preview the latest FIFA/Madden/NHL releases:

Reactions: JWK and GreytWun

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
$220 for a memory card is absolutely ridiculous

3b4qmxbzu0m51.jpg

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
EA Play will be part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sometime around the holidays, will be interesting to see how it works (there will likely be exclusions compared to if you bought EA Play from EA as seen at the end of the video) but EA does have a decent library, it will allow you to preview the latest FIFA/Madden/NHL releases:

Microsoft ain't messing around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad