Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I have no idea how anyone can pay that much for a controller. Makes me gag when I see the price
Its like watching someone who just spent $1,000 on an iPhone spend $1,100 a year later for basically the same phone with a marginally better camera and processor that they won't even notice. People can do what they want with their money.

At least the elite controller is a huge upgrade over a regular controller as far as build materials, functionality and features.

Reactions: CPTN71

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its like watching someone who just spent $1,000 on an iPhone spend $1,100 a year later for basically the same phone with a marginally better camera and processor that they won't even notice. People can do what they want with their money.

At least the elite controller is a huge upgrade over a regular controller as far as build materials, functionality and features.

To each their own. I just cannot see the point.

I would be curious to see the profit margins on them. I would expect MS is making money hand over fist with it. Pennies worth of material. How much was development costs on it?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
To each their own. I just cannot see the point.

I would be curious to see the profit margins on them. I would expect MS is making money hand over fist with it. Pennies worth of material. How much was development costs on it?
Isn't that kind of the point?

Look at prescription drugs. Pennies for a bottle of drug X that costs the consumer / insurance company hundreds of dollars.

Apple makes computers thar have the same specs as a $300 Acer but charge $1,200 for it.

People pay for brands and marketing works.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Finished Crackdown 3. Can confirm it's absolute garbage. If you got a free weekend you can get most of the worthwhile stuff in the game done in 6-10 hours.

I'm not a fanboy by any means but these so called "must have exclusives" are a f***ing joke.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finished Crackdown 3. Can confirm it's absolute garbage. If you got a free weekend you can get most of the worthwhile stuff in the game done in 6-10 hours.

I'm not a fanboy by any means but these so called "must have exclusives" are a ****ing joke.

I played a bit of Crackdown 3 since it's on Game Pass but it wasn't very fun. Forza Horizon 4 though is anything but a joke. So much stuff to do.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
For a game that has been constantly delayed, Crackdown 3 leaves a lot to be desired.

Wouldn't exactly call it absolute garbage, but it looks like a game that will get old pretty fast with its repetitive nature.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Crackdown 1 was so much fun. I remember I bought just to get into the Halo 3 beta. I gave it a try after the beta and got so hooked on searching for agility orbs. Really cool game.

From what I’ve read Crackdown 3 is still crackdown and that sounds good to me. I’m not looking for the most technologically advanced game here. Just sounds like it is a disappointment in relation to all the delays. Ill definitely pick it up here in a month or two once work slows down and it drops a little in price.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
GTAV is only 15 dollars on Xbox Store right now

Never played it before so looking forward to getting into it

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
So I heard about the game Anthem turning off PS4s and in some cases completely ruining the PS4 so it no longer works. I got the game on release and have been playing with a buddy, maybe have 10 hours worth of gaming so far. And I go to turn my Xbox on yesterday and it would not start. I would hear the little sound it makes when pressing the Xbox start button but the console wouldn’t fire up. So I unplugged everything from the wall and waiting a few minutes, plugged the consol back into the wall and it turned on. But was really slow and glitchy for about 5 minutes and was fine after that. Haven’t played the game since only because of work. So I tell the story to my buddy I play with, and he had the exact same thing happen to him. First time this has happened to either of us with our Xbox. So now I’m a bit concerned this game is some how ****ing with consoles.

Has anyone else incountered this problem, either after playing Anthem or another game or application?

I play on the One S.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any word or rumours on when the next free Live trail is coming up? I am strictly on a silver since I rarely play Live anymore, but I do like to take advantage of Live when I have the chance. For the people who are more in tune for me, how many times do they normally do it (have those free Xbox Live weekends)?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So I heard about the game Anthem turning off PS4s and in some cases completely ruining the PS4 so it no longer works. I got the game on release and have been playing with a buddy, maybe have 10 hours worth of gaming so far. And I go to turn my Xbox on yesterday and it would not start. I would hear the little sound it makes when pressing the Xbox start button but the console wouldn’t fire up. So I unplugged everything from the wall and waiting a few minutes, plugged the consol back into the wall and it turned on. But was really slow and glitchy for about 5 minutes and was fine after that. Haven’t played the game since only because of work. So I tell the story to my buddy I play with, and he had the exact same thing happen to him. First time this has happened to either of us with our Xbox. So now I’m a bit concerned this game is some how ****ing with consoles.

Has anyone else incountered this problem, either after playing Anthem or another game or application?

I play on the One S.

When I asked my friend about the glitch, he told me that his One X makes some really crazy and unsettling noises while he plays it, FWIW.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Started playing Stellaris recently, didn't even know the game existed but it's been a beyond fun time sink. Controls aren't bad and the replay value is huge. I honestly like it better than any Civilization game I've ever played. There's a ton of depth to the game that you don't have to understand to get off the ground and you can slowly figure it out as you go.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anyone looking at the backwards compatibility sale? Is it fairly good, pricewise? It’s tempting to switch some of my 360 disc library to downloadable on my Xbox One, especially those games that I like to go back and play a few times a year. I tried it with Crackdown 1 & 2, and the upscaled graphics make it worth it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Two awesome games to game pass yesterday in void bastards and the outer wilds. Game pass is seriously the best deal in gaming in a long time.

Reactions: 66Lemieux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad