Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. It’s weird. I went from being hyped as **** about RDR 2 to....still not having a copy and not really minding.
I got to 31% completion and haven't touched it for almost a week. Usual for me with games, which is why I don't even know why I bother getting it. But RDR2 is fantastic, it's more just me being lazy.

I did love GTAV though, I go on it on my PS4 sometimes and just drive around. Weird, but it's kind of soothing actually lol.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I got my Xbox Elite controller replaced (grips were coming apart) a few months ago. Over the past three weeks or so, a new problem has come up. The controller will just randomly shut off. I'll be playing NHL 19 or something, and the controller just shuts completely off and I have to turn it on and wait for it to load again.

Anyone had this issue before?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I got my Xbox Elite controller replaced (grips were coming apart) a few months ago. Over the past three weeks or so, a new problem has come up. The controller will just randomly shut off. I'll be playing NHL 19 or something, and the controller just shuts completely off and I have to turn it on and wait for it to load again.

No but I'm on my 3rd due to the grips. What type of batteries are you using? I would exchange it ASAP if you can.

I love the Elite mostly due to weight but these things don't hold up long. Warranty it everytime.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008

I've had this happen. I find a hard reset will fix it for a while. I think it might be certain batteries that cause the problem but haven't really been able to figure it out for sure.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So I guess Xbox Live is f***ed for everyone?? Or is it just we Xbox One users that are affected with these “black screen of death” and inability to sign in issues??

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I've had this happen. I find a hard reset will fix it for a while. I think it might be certain batteries that cause the problem but haven't really been able to figure it out for sure.

It was weird.

A Google search came up with people saying it was likely from Wi-Fi interruption, which makes sense given my router is in my bedroom. However, the glitch only happened in NHL 19. Like, I would play NHL 19 and it would disconnect 4-5 times throughout a game, and then play RDR2 or Fortnite for three hours and it was 100% fine.

Ended up just connecting it via USB to the Xbox

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't say i'm surprised by that revelation. By the sounds of the review, Crackdown 3 basically has done nothing to warrant another game. Essentially keeping the formula the same during the 45 years it was in development. Meaning a metric crapload of games have passed by it in the time it was in the oven.

Saints Row 4 does everything Crackdown 3 does better...which is a problem because Saints Row 4 was a hastily thrown together game with a bunch of stuff that didn't work together.

**** this i'm going back to Playstation next gen unless i see a huge push for backwards compatibility.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Were the other Crackdowns any good?

Like, Ive owned every xbox right from the get go. Id never even heard of the franchise until E3 2018. I dont know anyone whos ever played any of them.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Yup. My grips were coming lose too. Got into an argument with someone on twitter about it too. It was someone with a shit ton of follwers too. He said that I must have been abusing my controllers and I got utterly shit on by hundreds of people.

So dumb.

But yeah, the grips come off after a while. Also, i get the random shutoffs with more than one controller, including my Elite... when I used it.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad