Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Microsoft Store en-CA

Just a heads up, you can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 to combine and stack your existing xbox live and game pass subscriptions (up to 36 months total) plus you get one extra month and get access to PC game pass.

So if you have 6 months xbox live and 2 months of game pass left and you upgrade, you'll have 9 months of both. (6 live + 2 game pass + 1 month of ultimate for $1 = 9 months)

Some people are loading up on xbox live then upgrading to get game pass for free. I had 3 months of xbox live left, 2 months of game pass left, I used two 6 month game pass codes I bought last year at half price, and now I have both xbox live and game pass until December 2020 since I upgraded for $1.

WARNING: Use any codes you have or stock up on xbox live before upgrading to game pass ultimate, you can't do it after you upgrade. Also turn off recurring billing as it costs $17 (CAD) per month after it expires.

*Not available in Quebec

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Just a heads up, you can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 to combine and stack your existing xbox live and game pass subscriptions (up to 36 months total) plus you get one extra month and get access to PC game pass.

So if you have 6 months xbox live and 2 months of game pass left and you upgrade, you'll have 9 months of both. (6 live + 2 game pass + 1 month of ultimate for $1 = 9 months)

Some people are loading up on xbox live then upgrading to get game pass for free. I had 3 months of xbox live left, 2 months of game pass left, I used two 6 month game pass codes I bought last year at half price, and now I have both xbox live and game pass until December 2020 since I upgraded for $1.

WARNING: Use any codes you have or stock up on xbox live before upgrading to game pass ultimate, you can't do it after you upgrade. Also turn off recurring billing as it costs $17 (CAD) per month after it expires.

*Not available in Quebec

I really wish I had known about this before using the 1 euro offer...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I bought a couple years of Gold off Amazon the other night when doing this. It's been $1 in the preview program for awhile but I was waiting for the results of how much stacked to make a decision. Now I'm golden until June 2022. If you turn off reoccurring billing while redeeming your 12 months of gold, it'll ask you if you want a free month for enabling it again. So 24 months turned into 26, plus the extra one for 1 year. 27 months of Ultimate for $119 and I didn't even shop around for the discount cards you can usually find in the $40-$50 range.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
How long is the $1 game pass thing going on? I think I might pick it up later on but I don't want to get home from work one day and find it's expired.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
E3 2019: What’s Next for Xbox Backward Compatibility - Xbox Wire

So backwards compatibility additions are coming to a halt with the upside of having essentially almost all of Xbox's library, regardless of console good to go on Scarlett. I think i'm alright with that.

Apparently prepping to bring their entire xbox lineup to scarlet at some point. Good to see Microsoft committed to backwards compatibility across multiple generations after the fiasco of the start of this generation.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
E3 2019: What’s Next for Xbox Backward Compatibility - Xbox Wire

So backwards compatibility additions are coming to a halt with the upside of having essentially almost all of Xbox's library, regardless of console good to go on Scarlett. I think i'm alright with that.

I’m one of those collectors that put stickers on the case of every original Xbox game that worked on the 360, and likewise for every 360 game that works on the One. This is awesome news. Although I was enjoying switching to digital from disc as more 360 games became available on the online store.

If the next-gen Xbox has a solid state hard drive, does that spell the end for external optical hard drives?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
How long is the $1 game pass thing going on? I think I might pick it up later on but I don't want to get home from work one day and find it's expired.

Haven't seen any mentions of dates myself. I'd suggest hopping on it while you can, they'll definitely do more deals in the future (like they did with Gampass) but it remains to be seen if they'll allow this conversion rate of subscriptions again because it's turning into a huge deal. Considering what I paid for all 3 years, I'm at about $4.50 a month (up front) for ultimate.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A few sites are saying it's only for E3, so Thursday might be the last day.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

*Not available in Quebec

So how exactly would this work if I currently have nothing active? If I activated gold for say 6 months, how much more would it be to upgrade it to ultimate? 1$ per month more or just 1$ for the first month then more per month thereafter?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So how exactly would this work if I currently have nothing active? If I activated gold for say 6 months, how much more would it be to upgrade it to ultimate? 1$ per month more or just 1$ for the first month then more per month thereafter?
If you put 6 months of live on your account then upgrade, you would have 7 months of live and game pass and you would pay $1 for that. Once the 7 months are done it would cost like $15 USD per month if you don't turn off recurring billing.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Compared to last year, I had a more restrained E3 sale; just bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition (it came with Assassin's Creed III Remastered for free) & Just Cause 4. Would've gotten Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I'll wait on that for the holidays. Also pre-ordered Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Can't wait to play that Thursday.

This was due to me grabbing just about everything I wanted last year, to be honest. The only other major expense I'll make this year for my Xbox One will be the Iceborne DLC for Monster Hunter World. I bought Generations Ultimate for my Switch, so now I have the classic experience and the new experience on hand, though I'm more of a casual World gamer who just likes to explore the environment and accessorize my Palico.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just checked, it's going on for 2 more weeks.. .

To expand what someone said earlier...you can buy up to 3yrs of XBL and then pay $1 and theyll match whatever time you have with Gamepass ultimate

Edit: can confirm firsthand. Just bought two years of gold and I already had 6 months left of gold as well as twoish months of gamepass. With each 12 month code I entered I also received a free month of gold for keeping the recurring charge on.

Now I don't need gamepass or gold until April of 2022

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I just checked, it's going on for 2 more weeks.. .

To expand what someone said earlier...you can buy up to 3yrs of XBL and then pay $1 and theyll match whatever time you have with Gamepass ultimate

Edit: can confirm firsthand. Just bought two years of gold and I already had 6 months left of gold as well as twoish months of gamepass. With each 12 month code I entered I also received a free month of gold for keeping the recurring charge on.

Now I don't need gamepass or gold until April of 2022

Yeah, I almost felt guilty, I found a 3 mo live card I either bought and forgot or got as a gift, and bought a 12 mo code and along with the free months for turning on/off auto renew I ended up with 17 months of ultimate for 65 bucks out of pocket

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Anyone else having trouble with messaging, parties and invites?

Sometimes I won't receive messages or invites until hours later, other times not at all. Sometimes I appear offline when I'm not. Just weird stuff like that, for the last 3 or 4 days at least.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I've had to come to something of a difficult decision with regards to the next-gen consoles.

I've always been an Xbox man. I've loved it over the PlayStation consoles since the original Xbox was released. I loved the 'Duke' controller over the re-designed S-Pad, etc.

However, I'm now married with 2 daughters (both step, although one only knows me as her dad). My wife and I are actively planning on expanding our family. I've been in graduate school and have seen my video game playing drop drastically. I currently own both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro.

I desperately want to stay within the Xbox family, I've kept my game collection to a small amount of titles that I feel like I'll replay on the Scarlett (the Arkham games, Bioshock collection, and Red Dead II), and I've even kept The Beatles: Rock Band from the 360, despite it never being put on the backwards compatibility list AND me losing the DLC I had for it (I kept my original 360 that had all that stuff, but lost the content). I only own the PS4 for Spider-Man (it came w/ the Spider-Man limited edition console) and the MLB series.

So my difficult decision is to either stay with the Xbox family, like I prefer to do, or make a full-time :)sick:) switch to the PlayStation console (since they have every game series that I play on the One X, plus the MLB series that I play *a lot* of).

It would help so much if the Scarlett made The Beatles: Rock Band backwards compatible, that would be an easy f***ing decision then :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
No MLB game on Xbox or I should say real sim of MLB kind of sucks. I think the Show owns the exclusive rights to MLB.

2K had the exclusive MLB license for multi-platform games, but that's no longer the case. The Show comes from a Sony studio, which is how they were always able to get around that. They do not have an exclusive license, but obviously Sony isn't going to put their first party games on competing platforms.

I do hope EA gives baseball another crack for the next generation platforms. Those MVP games were fantastic when they had the license...a decade and a half ago.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
2K had the exclusive MLB license for multi-platform games, but that's no longer the case. The Show comes from a Sony studio, which is how they were always able to get around that. They do not have an exclusive license, but obviously Sony isn't going to put their first party games on competing platforms.

I do hope EA gives baseball another crack for the next generation platforms. Those MVP games were fantastic when they had the license...a decade and a half ago.

Either way seems like a huge miss not to have one on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad