OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2006
Huge for the Pistons!!! Feel like they really turned the corner this season with the rookies and the court time they were given. And now this, massive. Things are turning around, at long last!

Reactions: Hadoop and Ricelund

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The Fade for Cade worked well. I don't know anything about any of these players, but the pundits seem to think Cade is the best in the draft. Who is his comparable?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The Fade for Cade worked well. I don't know anything about any of these players, but the pundits seem to think Cade is the best in the draft. Who is his comparable?

I’ve read his modern comparable is Luka Doncic. Someone on the radio this morning was comparing him to Grant Hill

Reactions: Konnan511

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Outside of Darko, which was even their actual draft pick, this is the highest pick the Pistons have had since Grant Hill.

Pistons played hard last year and most who pay attention to them are okay with that because they were focused on the young guys. All of who had moments to give hope for the future.

Another guy was going to help regardless. But winning the actual lottery is a huge deal. Especially with management seemingly knowing what they are doing.

Reactions: jkutswings

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I am absolutely buzzing about last night's news, really hope this revives a lot of more casual fans' interest in the Pistons. Michigan/Detroit is a much better place when the Pistons are balling.

Mood.

tenor.gif

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Read a lot of Doncic comparisons. Not super athletic like some guys but just an all around threat.

Sounds like hes considered one of the best all around prospects to come out in a while. Like in the last 5-6 years he would still likely go first overall over every other prospect type deal

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I’ve read his modern comparable is Luka Doncic. Someone on the radio this morning was comparing him to Grant Hill
If he turns out like Doncic then I am absurdly excited. If he turns out like G-Money, then I am very slightly underwhelmed for a #1 overall pick (yes I know Hill is a HOF).

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
If he turns out like Doncic then I am absurdly excited. If he turns out like G-Money, then I am very slightly underwhelmed for a #1 overall pick (yes I know Hill is a HOF).

I think we need to temper the Doncic comparison. He's less skilled than Luka for sure but better defensively.

And then Grant Hill was in the next Jordan conversation before his injuries. I would be beyond ecstatic if he turns out to be a poor man's Grant Hill.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I am absolutely buzzing about last night's news, really hope this revives a lot of more casual fans' interest in the Pistons. Michigan/Detroit is a much better place when the Pistons are balling.

So... This was wild for me to watch. I never knew they video recorded this...

Detroit's draw (combination?) is at 6:27 but it's probably best to listen to the explanation beforehand.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Read a lot of Doncic comparisons. Not super athletic like some guys but just an all around threat.

Sounds like hes considered one of the best all around prospects to come out in a while. Like in the last 5-6 years he would still likely go first overall over every other prospect type deal

Cade is definitely behind Zion Williamson (2019) and Anthony Davis (2012), but he's got as good an argument as any other #1OA in that span. Guaranteed franchise player.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
WOOOOO!!!

Just watched the highlight clip below of Cade Cunningham's freshman season at OSU. IMO he's like a Doncic/Tatum hybrid. Haven't been this excited as a 'stons fan since the Wallace(s)/Billups/Rip/Tayshaun years.

:banana::banana::banana:

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Pistons version of Hill was pretty good. I'd be happy with that. Obviously hoping for BETTER than Luka.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Troy Weaver was hired 1 year and 5 days ago. The roster turnover - and the degree of success with the moves he's already made - has been amazing. And now he has the #1 pick.

But before the accolades stop, just imagine what the roster could look like with Cade... AND one really good add in free agency.

Fun times.

Reactions: Ricelund

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cade is definitely behind Zion Williamson (2019) and Anthony Davis (2012), but he's got as good an argument as any other #1OA in that span. Guaranteed franchise player.

Zion had a lot of hype, especially out of highchool but it cooled a bit by draft time. There were a lot of questions if he was going to be able to bully NBA players at his size given his play style in college and hes not much of a shooter. I've read a lot that Zion may have been more hyped coming out of Duke but as prospects Cunningham is a very similar level just a very different player. Anthony Davis I wont argue with but thats almost a decade ago now.

Either way, it looks like the pistons are getting a player

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Outside of Darko, which was even their actual draft pick, this is the highest pick the Pistons have had since Grant Hill.
I paid a little attention to NBA during the Darko era. Pistons were hot and my Serbian friends were all in on Darko. Too bad he was a bust. Picks 3, 4 and 5 are brutal in retrospect.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ok... who asked a professional athlete that wasn't a wrestler to sign a f***ing folding chair? And it looks like Yzerman in particular was asked to sign something like a chair

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Girardi was overboard. He should have been ejected sooner for his clown antics.

I'm waiting to see the first starter kicked out in the playoffs.

Ok... who asked a professional athlete that wasn't a wrestler to sign a f***ing folding chair? And it looks like Yzerman in particular was asked to sign something like a chair

maybe it was a seat from the Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad