OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Just want to point out that Mize and Skubel are having some pretty solid rookie seasons.

And we get to see Manning's MLB debut on Thursday. The fact that those 3 guys are going to be starting three consecutive games (assuming Manning is starting and not just planned to appear at some point) is the type of excitement that the fan base needs.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
And we get to see Manning's MLB debut on Thursday. The fact that those 3 guys are going to be starting three consecutive games (assuming Manning is starting and not just planned to appear at some point) is the type of excitement that the fan base needs.

Tork and Dillinger also got promoted from West Michigan to Erie, so there's good news on the fielders, too. The Tigers might see things come together in the next year or two.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Tork and Dillinger also got promoted from West Michigan to Erie, so there's good news on the fielders, too. The Tigers might see things come together in the next year or two.

Alright, enough positivity, you’re starting to make me feel nauseous. I already said enough positive things that are associated with Avila’s management.

It’s refreshing to see Mize be able to pitch into the 7th or later fairly consistently. I’d like to see Skubal to manage his pitch count better. He pitches a lot more like Verlander than Scherzer. As a former pitcher, it really drives me crazy when pitchers throw chase pitches that aren’t even close to being strikes. Scherzer attacked the zone, Verlander not so much.

I can’t tell you how many great starts Verlander cut short on himself because he had a habit of taking an 0-2 or 1-2 count to full just by wasting pitches looking for an outrageous chase

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Alright, enough positivity, you’re starting to make me feel nauseous. I already said enough positive things that are associated with Avila’s management.

It’s refreshing to see Mize be able to pitch into the 7th or later fairly consistently. I’d like to see Skubal to manage his pitch count better. He pitches a lot more like Verlander than Scherzer. As a former pitcher, it really drives me crazy when pitchers throw chase pitches that aren’t even close to being strikes. Scherzer attacked the zone, Verlander not so much.

I can’t tell you how many great starts Verlander cut short on himself because he had a habit of taking an 0-2 or 1-2 count to full just by wasting pitches looking for an outrageous chase

• 01:08:24 The veterans are starting to play back to form,
  • 01:08:26 and the rookies are developing faster than I thought.
  • 01:08:28 There's two or three potential all-stars in there.
  • 01:08:32 I think we're a contender, right now.
  • 01:08:35 You really believe that, don't you?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm not the biggest Pat Caputo fan, but he started a podcast series dedicated to Detroit sports prospects. Drafting, development, etc. He said the first episode is about the Tigers, but the tweet seems to imply otherwise:

Reactions: evolutionbaby

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I'm not the biggest Pat Caputo fan, but he started a podcast series dedicated to Detroit sports prospects. Drafting, development, etc. He said the first episode is about the Tigers, but the tweet seems to imply otherwise:

Since I do not get access to this site here from the EU, could you please summarise what he said? Since the Tigers young pitchers and top prospects seem to be on the rise and impact players can be easier had as FAs, I would give the Tigers a better chance of contending than the Red Wings. However, I'd rank Yzerman much higher among his GM peers than Avila.

Gruß,
BSHH

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Thankfully the draft is good enough to get a good player even if they draft six (maybe there’s only five) So that’s encouraging. Top 3 would still be way better, though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Just want to point out that Mize and Skubel are having some pretty solid rookie seasons.

Kinda slow/worrisome starts but theyve really turned it on. Mize is top 10 in war i think I read in the AL.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
If you haven't had enough lottery fun in your life recently, the Pistons will find out where they select between #1-6 tonight.

Tankathon | 2021 NBA Draft Order & Lottery Simulator for the curious.

upload_2021-6-22_10-26-33.png

I'd really like another ball handler (Cade, Green). Even though the thought of playing big with Mobley alongisde Stewart is an exciting idea as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CairneBloodhoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad