Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You gotta hope that, I get it.

I'm not counting the kid out entirely but ya know... it's been rough sledding.

I mean, he showed through 3 quarters that he isn't. He was crap for most of that game. Then the Lions got down to the guys who should probably be bagging groceries AND couldn't get any pressure. You can get by with bad CBs if you can get pressure. You can get by with a weaker pass rush if you've got Charles Woodson or Darelle Revis or Deion Sanders back there. If you have neither of those things... Mitch Trubisky goes 6-6 for 82 yards and 2 TDs in the span of two minutes on you.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean, he showed through 3 quarters that he isn't. He was crap for most of that game. Then the Lions got down to the guys who should probably be bagging groceries AND couldn't get any pressure. You can get by with bad CBs if you can get pressure. You can get by with a weaker pass rush if you've got Charles Woodson or Darelle Revis or Deion Sanders back there. If you have neither of those things... Mitch Trubisky goes 6-6 for 82 yards and 2 TDs in the span of two minutes on you.

Look I'm with you but I'm trying not to completely dogpile our poor boy @Winger98 who roots for a franchise that has Jay Cutler as one of the all-time great Bears QBs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
No, I know he's bad. But good enough to beat the Lions. :popcorn:

So is everyone, I mean the Browns are terrible and really the only one in competition. They actually moved and then won which I guess is more depressing.

Heck the Bears made a super bowl with Rex Grossman, he was a lot worse than Jay Cutler...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Underrated part of that game everyone isnt talking about is the pass rush. Flowers getting hurt and losing Collins really made the corners getting hurt a much bigger problem. Not that Collins is a big pass rusher but when you have an anchor in the middle you can free up some other guys to pin their ears back and get after the QB. FLowers I thought loked good and then he got dinged up and missed some time. WHen he came back he wasnt getting any pressure really

Clete Blakeman. Again. Can't make this garbage up.

I couldnt believe when I read that. Its like the NFL wants to seem like its rigged lol

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So is everyone, I mean the Browns are terrible and really the only one in competition. They actually moved and then won which I guess is more depressing.

Heck the Bears made a super bowl with Rex Grossman, he was a lot worse than Jay Cutler...

Hey, we had Sid Luckman once. And Jim Mc...ugh...

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Any fans of The Detroit Lions Podcast from Reddit? They had Dean Blandino on today to discuss Clete Blakeman being assigned to the Lions again. Dean mentioned that it is possible it was an oversight by the NFL but also stressed the importance that the same crew, the ones who actually made the calls, will not be with Blakeman on Sunday. He also speculates that Blakeman make have drawn the assignment due to COVID implications where they are trying to keep officials regional and cutting down on travel. In some instances the NFL has kept certain officials from referring games of certain teams. Walt Coleman is the prime example in that he never officiated a Raiders game after The Tuck Rule Game. It was a worthwhile discussion that also featured Tony Ortiz.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Man, I knew Gardy was likely to go out like this taking the Tigers job. It's still a bummer seeing a guy who spun low budget teams into gold not going out with a title. Still, what a great career. I sooooo wish he had been hired earlier, as in, instead of Ausmus.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I wonder who the Tigers will hire next. I saw some people on Twitter throwing out Cora or Hinch. I wouldn’t be opposed to either.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Man, I knew Gardy was likely to go out like this taking the Tigers job. It's still a bummer seeing a guy who spun low budget teams into gold not going out with a title. Still, what a great career. I sooooo wish he had been hired earlier, as in, instead of Ausmus.

I remember Ron Gardenhire as a back up infielder on the Mets back when I cared about baseball.
Honestly didn't even realize he was the Tigers' manager until the news yesterday.
I so rarely see any evidence that Major League Baseball even exists anymore.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I remember Ron Gardenhire as a back up infielder on the Mets back when I cared about baseball.
Honestly didn't even realize he was the Tigers' manager until the news yesterday.
I so rarely see any evidence that Major League Baseball even exists anymore.

Are the NHL playoffs posting better numbers than MLB games in major markets?

As an 'ice' hockey fan you should know the pain of being an off-brand sport. As a 'ball' hockey fan, your comment boggles the mind... because the thought of playing hockey without skating seems sacrilegious and lame to me. To each their own though... I just don't know if the TV revenue backs your flames.

Reactions: BSHH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Are the NHL playoffs posting better numbers than MLB games in major markets?

As an 'ice' hockey fan you should know the pain of being an off-brand sport. As a 'ball' hockey fan, your comment boggles the mind... because the thought of playing hockey without skating seems sacrilegious and lame to me. To each their own though... I just don't know if the TV revenue backs your flames.

It's not a slam on baseball.
I used to love the sport in the days of the Expos and the Blue Jays back-to-back champs.
But I don't do cable TV anymore.
I don't have print sports sections, which confront you with other sports.
I don't follow generic Twitter feeds that would make me see baseball highlights option.
Locally, the Tigers are bad, so they don't often pop up on friends' feeds.

I just don't see baseball in my information feeds often.

A lot more football than baseball, that's for sure.

As for ball hockey being sacrilegious... I'm not religious.
Ball hockey is a blast. It's cheaper. It's better exercise.

And I don't experience any discomfort with ice hockey being an off-brand sport.
I don't care if it succeeds in the south or in Texas or Florida or Carolina.
I like it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What are the expectations for the Lions this season? 8-8?

That's looking a little lofty at the moment.

Patricia's defense with literally no answer to the Packers second half adjustments.

I can't stress enough how bad the Packers offense looked just two years ago with virtually the same key players. It's coaching. It's so much coaching.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
11 straight losses for Patricia.......
But he did have that big play in the 4th quarter that one time.

It's not him. It's the players. Give him another couple years to get the Caldwell loser attitude out of these guys.

I still get irrationally angry he has that stupid pencil on his ear 24/7 in public as if he ever f***ing uses that thing. What kind of person has a stage prop they wear for show?

Like I should be happy the Lions continue to support this loser but I get upset for the fans of that team. You guys all deserve better. Dude is a loser who was sheltered by the best coach of all time.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Bench, agreed with you re: Patricia’s pencil. It’s a try-hard move.

Patricia sucks, this team sucks. I don’t know how anyone gets excited about the Lions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad