Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think there is an athlete that left Detroit that is more beloved than JV. I mean I guess Gibby when he was with the Dodgers... But seriously, I root for him second after the Tigers and have been overjoyed to see his success in Houston both individually and with the team. I wish it could have been here, but I am glad to see him do well.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Theo shoulda made the power move for Verlander and he didn't. I, as a Cubs fan, like Yu Darvish (even with everything that happened in his 1st year I knew his stuff was unreal), but the Cubs had every opportunity to trade for Verlander - and Verlander wanted to be here - and he didn't. Instead we got Chatwood and Darvish. Can't do anything with our talent on the hitting end (excpet for Castellanos who's .336 as a Cub), joke team.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
What's scary is that can anyone realistically see Verlander's production slowing down a lot? Yeah, injuries can happen to anyone, but the guy looks like a freak. He has the easiest looking heat I've seen in a long time, and the guy has just been a beast the past few years. If he wants to I can see him playing until he's forty. at least.

Reactions: Ricelund

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I hate this weekend.

Michigan was ass. Thankfully they didn’t lose.
MSU blew out Western, so damn 97.1 is gonna be insufferable with Spartan fever
EMU took it in the rear from UK.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Michigan looks like a team that lost its three impact players on defense. Hill is good but after him no one is making plays.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I hate this weekend.

State's defense didn't look great, really bothered by how well the slant worked. That unit should be a lot better, but the line and running game on offense was the best it had been in a while. Weak opponent but still nice to have an offense with a pulse.

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I hate this weekend.

UofM played like shit, they should be talking about the better team.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
UofM played like ****, they should be talking about the better team.

That is fair. But this week all you'll get is.

"UM IS GONNA LOSE LIKE SEVEN GAMES!"
"SPARTY TO THE PLAYOFF!"

Like I'm not an idiot. I know that the team who played better is going to get talked about. But all of this is going to be "Oh man, Sparty is back, baby!" When they beat a MAC school like a drum. And the runaway narrative is that Michigan's just flat garbage. Yeah, they played like crap yesterday. Yeah, that was inexcusable and we can't do it again... but it was literally growing pains of a new offense. Look at how many plays they have a TE or G pull and there was nobody to block. I saw Eubanks at least twice and Ruiz at least twice pull and the guy they were supposed to hit wasn't there. He had just driven upfield. Shea wanted to make something out of nothing on that first drive and stupidly fumbled the ball.

And for as "bad" as the defense was, they didn't give up any points in the second half. Also, if not for quickblow McWhistler, U-M is up 14-7 early in that game and Army's whole offensive gameplan has to change

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
UofM played like ****, they should be talking about the better team.

Sparty never has nor never will move the needle. Hence why you'll more Lions talk than anything on the Red Wings throughout the year.

Michigan's offense is garbage right now and they are over-ranked(as usual). But I will say that Army is way underrated.

That same team took Oklahoma(a far better team than Michigan) with the future Heisman winner to OT in Oklahoma. They're legit and would have pulled it off if not for Michigan's defense.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Question for UM fans: Do you think Patterson is "the guy", or do you want to see what D-Caf can do? From what I've seen he hasn't delivered very often pressure situations/big games.

In short, is this the guy you want to trot out in big games or is it time for Harbaugh to mix it up to give the team a better chance at makining it to Indy?

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad