Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The NFL and NBA aren't hurting for interest if one goes up for sale.

My dad was only a couple of years old the last time the Lions won an NFL Championship. The fact that this was before the Super Bowl existed and the Lions have managed to win only one measly playoff since is nothing short of remarkable. Thank god Michigan won a NCAA Football championship in that time period.

I'll believe the Ford Family will sell whenever Martha passes away when I see it. I don't necessarily see it as the solution either. But at this point it's the only thing that's left.

Makes me thankful for the success I have seen from local teams in this town and not to take things so seriously.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I understand all of the upset over the tie, but I still think the Lions are a playoff team. I'm trying to be positive about this team... power of thoughts and intentions and that sort of stuff.

To do my part, I just got a custom Bobby Layne jersey in the mail. I live in metro NOLA so I'm vetting local psychic mediums and Voodoo practitioners, and will hire the best to lift Bobby's curse. I even wore the jersey in Dallas this weekend, just to get some of his hometown energy on it.

20190831_231529.jpg

Positive energy, fellas. Let's think the Lions into greatness!

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
After the Cardinals had the next dangerous drive in OT, I already saw the Lions concede the next TD. But they did not, that's at least something positive.

Gruß,
BSHH

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The NFL and NBA aren't hurting for interest if one goes up for sale.

My dad was only a couple of years old the last time the Lions won an NFL Championship. The fact that this was before the Super Bowl existed and the Lions have managed to win only one measly playoff since is nothing short of remarkable. Thank god Michigan won a NCAA Football championship in that time period.

I'll believe the Ford Family will sell whenever Martha passes away when I see it. I don't necessarily see it as the solution either. But at this point it's the only thing that's left.

Makes me thankful for the success I have seen from local teams in this town and not to take things so seriously.

Michigan split an NCAA title since, though I think they got hosed there, still that is the technical term.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Bwahahahaha.

The Big Ten has become EMUs bitch. Three years running going into their houses and winning. And having them pay us for the privilege

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I understand all of the upset over the tie, but I still think the Lions are a playoff team. I'm trying to be positive about this team... power of thoughts and intentions and that sort of stuff.

To do my part, I just got a custom Bobby Layne jersey in the mail. I live in metro NOLA so I'm vetting local psychic mediums and Voodoo practitioners, and will hire the best to lift Bobby's curse. I even wore the jersey in Dallas this weekend, just to get some of his hometown energy on it.

View attachment 253781

Positive energy, fellas. Let's think the Lions into greatness!

Is this the throwback currently for sale? I've been debating getting a Karras jersey made. Throwback has a better color to match his era but the current does have the stripes on the sleeve. Throwback might be the best option.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Is this the throwback currently for sale? I've been debating getting a Karras jersey made. Throwback has a better color to match his era but the current does have the stripes on the sleeve. Throwback might be the best option.

Yep, throwback from the NFL shop. A Karras jersey would awesome. No stripes on the arms, but I've always like the Thanksgiving jerseys (50's style).

Anything but the black jerseys that remind of Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Yep, throwback from the NFL shop. A Karras jersey would awesome. No stripes on the arms, but I've always like the Thanksgiving jerseys (50's style).

Anything but the black jerseys that remind of Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers.
Whachu say bout' me?

xZrzLcd.jpg

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I watched parts of both Lions games. It looks like Tavai (sp?) is pretty solid so far. Just wondering if any critics of that pick are warming up to him? I remember a lot of people (locally) reaching for their xanax bottles when that pick was made.

Reactions: newfy

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I watched parts of both Lions games. It looks like Tavai (sp?) is pretty solid so far. Just wondering if any critics of that pick are warming up to him? I remember a lot of people (locally) reaching for their xanax bottles when that pick was made.

Let's be honest, if any team doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt... Well it is the Detroit Lions. I hated the pick and I hate the excuse was well the Patriots were going to take him. Fine whatever, I hope he is successful. Glad at least Patricia trotted out having that kind of size was important to his scheme because that should have been the lead, not that the Patriots like him. They figured out how to use Van Noy as well, so you need more than that explanation.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Well this game couldn’t have started much worse, but as Coach Brooks says great moments are born from great opportunities. Go Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad