Confirmed with Link: Micheal Haley

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
We should rename our team the goonies... I bet we can get John Scott to say Heeeey you guuuuuys!!!

If any of the 'goonies' see significant ice time, we'll need them to never say die because they'll be playing from behind a lot.

Though I know none will outside of Brown, and he can at least be competent at times

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't know/care. Just relaying that these moves are not a big deal, but everyone is flipping out because it's the only move Doug Wilson has made.

I think it's great we're getting some goons. Rather have John Scott fight than Wingels or Couture.

It's a big deal because it adds up whether you acknowledge it or not. If Brown or Scott are in the lineup on a regular basis, they're in trouble because when injuries hit, they'll see more time and it will be felt on the scoreboard and the points total.

Nobody will want to fight Scott except other goons that don't need to be kept honest. I'd much rather have Wingels take care of that business if necessary but the way to do it is to go eye for an eye on the dirty stuff but that has to be done by real players for it to have any effect...not goons.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
We now have ...
Raffi Torres
Michael Haley
John Scott
Mike Brown
Andrew Desjardins
& Ty Mcginn

All of who can really throw em. If my handle hasn't made it obvious I kind like this.
I know everyone is up in arms about this but I think I'd rather see the Sharks lose a bunch more games but go down swinging ...or at least sticking up for each other. Than see them repeat as the ultimate choke artists AGAIN.

Truth be told. I enjoyed the Sharks seasons way back in the day when they weren't even in the playoffs way more than the last few seasons. That's because they had character and grit. Guys like Tony Granato, Jeff Odgers, Owen Nolan, Scott Thornton, Dave Lowry, Bernie Nichols, Andrei Nazarov, Scott Nichol, Dody wood, Bob Errey, Todd Gil, Doug Bodger, Jay More, Mike Ricci, MacLaren, Korolyuk, Brantt Myhres, etc.

...I can't stand seeing them not standup for each other or themselves.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
It's a big deal because it adds up whether you acknowledge it or not. If Brown or Scott are in the lineup on a regular basis, they're in trouble because when injuries hit, they'll see more time and it will be felt on the scoreboard and the points total.

Nobody will want to fight Scott except other goons that don't need to be kept honest. I'd much rather have Wingels take care of that business if necessary but the way to do it is to go eye for an eye on the dirty stuff but that has to be done by real players for it to have any effect...not goons.

Uhhh Wingels can't take care of any of that business. If you think Wingels is the guy for that you are doing it wrong. He can't even defend himself against a Torrey Mitchell lol. He's never been good at that sort of thing.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
We now have ...
Raffi Torres
Michael Haley
John Scott
Mike Brown
Andrew Desjardins
& Ty Mcginn

All of who can really throw em. If my handle hasn't made it obvious I kind like this.
I know everyone is up in arms about this but I think I'd rather see the Sharks lose a bunch more games but go down swinging ...or at least sticking up for each other. Than see them repeat as the ultimate choke artists AGAIN.

Truth be told. I enjoyed the Sharks seasons way back in the day when they weren't even in the playoffs way more than the last few seasons.That's because they had character and grit. Guys like Tony Granato, Jeff Odgers, Owen Nolan, Scott Thornton, Dave Lowry, Bernie Nichols, Andrei Nazarov, Scott Nichol, Dody wood, Bob Errey, Todd Gil, Doug Bodger, Jay More, Mike Ricci, MacLaren, Korolyuk, Brantt Myhres, etc.

...I can't stand seeing them not standup for each other or themselves.

Why I became a fan. Nolan will forever and always be my favorite Shark.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Uhhh Wingels can't take care of any of that business. If you think Wingels is the guy for that you are doing it wrong. He can't even defend himself against a Torrey Mitchell lol. He's never been good at that sort of thing.

When I talk about that business, I'm not really talking about fighting. Fighting is no deterrent and does nothing for the team. If someone takes a dirty run at one of your players, your team should respond in kind and Wingels can and has done that before. Guys like Scott, Brown, and Haley are useless at that stuff.

Jacques Oeuf

Oct 11, 2007
CA
I don't think building a goon squad is the way to go, but I was among those disgusted that nobody stood up for Hertl or Vlasic. So I guess if they are going to do it, then fine.

I guess John Scott is the top dog out there but he is painful to watch and has a hard time finding dancing partners. Like when I watch him skate I don't get how anybody who has so much time and incentive to practice skating that they could be that bad.

Any nasty defencemen in Worcester that they could bring up this year?

edit: Sorry, realized this is the Haley thread.

I actually kind of like Haley from what little I've seen. He can play a bit (30 goal scorer his last year of junior, a few seasons of 10+ goals in the AHL). Great energy, no fear.

Last edited:

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Maybe they're planning on giving multiple young guys extended looks and just trying to create a "safe" environment in which to do so

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Maybe they're planning on giving multiple young guys extended looks and just trying to create a "safe" environment in which to do so

So Scott and Brown (maybe Haley) will be a linemate of Hertl, Nieto and whatever other young players need "protection"?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Scott and Brown are interchangeable 12th forwards and Haley will be in Worcester. That's how I see it.

If the Sharks feel they need an enforcer to protect a couple younger players in SJ, I would imagine they'd need the same for Worcester, where most of the younger players will be anyway.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If the Sharks feel they need an enforcer to protect a couple younger players in SJ, I would imagine they'd need the same for Worcester, where most of the younger players will be anyway.

Bonneau and Haley is a pretty intimidating pair for Worcester. Not to mention Tye McGinn (if he doesn't make the SJ roster.)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Seeing as Worcester liked to refer to themselves as the "goonsquad", the Haley signing is par for the course.

It's also one of many reasons they're not good.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You're perfectly entitled to be a hockey fan for whatever reason you want, but there are plenty of other sports you can watch instead of hockey if you'd rather see punching than winning. :shakehead

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
All of who can really throw em. If my handle hasn't made it obvious I kind like this. I know everyone is up in arms about this but I think I'd rather see the Sharks lose a bunch more games but go down swinging ...or at least sticking up for each other. Than see them repeat as the ultimate choke artists AGAIN.

Truth be told. I enjoyed the Sharks seasons way back in the day when they weren't even in the playoffs way more than the last few seasons.

Trade idea.....

Marleau, Thornton, and Pavelski to Buffalo for Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta, and a 6th round pick.

Make it happen, DW

Irbes Mask

Like Wall
Jun 15, 2013
California
So Scott and Brown (maybe Haley) will be a linemate of Hertl, Nieto and whatever other young players need "protection"?

I do hope you're kidding.

You're perfectly entitled to be a hockey fan for whatever reason you want, but there are plenty of other sports you can watch instead of hockey if you'd rather see punching than winning. :shakehead

This is another signing of little consequence. Brown/Scott will be the 12th/13th forward. Both will see the ice at the same time if something catastrophic happens with injuries and if all three are on the ice at the same time holy guacamole are the Sharks ever so boned.

Scott and Brown are interchangeable 12th forwards and Haley will be in Worcester. That's how I see it.

:handclap:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is another signing of little consequence. Brown/Scott will be the 12th/13th forward. Both will see the ice at the same time if something catastrophic happens with injuries and if all three are on the ice at the same time holy guacamole are the Sharks ever so boned.

And they would be boned because of these types of signings rather than getting legitimate hockey players. To say it is of little consequence would seemingly ignore exactly what happened last season when two of our forwards were out most of the season and others missed lengthy time as well. When guys like this are your first or second option, that's a problem that will, not may, reveal itself in time.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
And they would be boned because of these types of signings rather than getting legitimate hockey players. To say it is of little consequence would seemingly ignore exactly what happened last season when two of our forwards were out most of the season and others missed lengthy time as well. When guys like this are your first or second option, that's a problem that will, not may, reveal itself in time.

and its usually when you are trying to solidify playoff seeding....

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.

And you can go watch figure skating too. :nod:

I think team/locker-room culture has a very direct effect on winning. Specifically in the playoffs, when the going gets tough. This may be a good explanation as to why these Sharks under achieve so often. Intensity, competitiveness, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad