Confirmed with Link: Micheal Haley

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I really hope this is a two way deal and he's a signing for Worcester (even though I still don't like it).

Otherwise, seeing as DW is convinced the "young players" need protection maybe Carcillo is next so they can have one face puncher on each line.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Justin Bourne @jtbourne · 2m
I guess if the Sharks had holes to patch, deals for Brown, Scott, and Haley should "plug" 'em?

Zing!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Obviously a signing for Worcester, and not one folks here are likely to be happy about. He brings nothing to the ice we need.

I'm not so sure about obviously considering the off season so far :sarcasm:.

I just said this in the other thread but there has to be better options out there for a 'vet' for Worcester. It seems grit and fighting and toughness is a thing throughout the org now (it kind of always was with Worcester so I guess nothing new there).

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
It would seem to me that the idea that we have enough of the skill but not the Dwight King, Kyle Clifford type of guys is the thinking here. I don't bemoan this thinking, When Hertl got kneed, EVERYBODY wanted some justice for it, none came.
I remember Burish saying that he was going to be that guy and I had hoped he woud, he wasn't due to injury.
I think the Scott signing was good and he'll play against the Kings and The Ducks to keep the Matt Greene's and the Bryan Allen's of the world honest.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It would seem to me that the idea that we have enough of the skill but not the Dwight King, Kyle Clifford type of guys is the thinking here. I don't bemoan this thinking, When Hertl got kneed, EVERYBODY wanted some justice for it, none came.
I remember Burish saying that he was going to be that guy and I had hoped he woud, he wasn't due to injury.
I think the Scott signing was good and he'll play against the Kings and The Ducks to keep the Matt Greene's and the Bryan Allen's of the world honest.

The difference between Brown, Scott and Dwight King or Kyle Clifford is that the latter two are useful hockey players.

Torres, Desi, Wingels are the guys who should counted on for grit, hitting, etc.

The idea that Scott or Brown is going to keep anyone honest is just wrong, they won't deter anyone from doing anything. They may be able to dole out some 'justice' to one of the other teams 4th liners after the fact, maybe.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They should really have used the money for Haley and Scott on a portion of the training camp to teach the other guys how to fight. Like an extra two day seminar on how to throw a punch or whatever. Seriously, I know a guy who broke his hand because he didn't have the proper form and his wrist kinda rolled and applied force to the wrong part of his hand.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
They should really have used the money for Haley and Scott on a portion of the training camp to teach the other guys how to fight. Like an extra two day seminar on how to throw a punch or whatever. Seriously, I know a guy who broke his hand because he didn't have the proper form and his wrist kinda rolled and applied force to the wrong part of his hand.

Couture?

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
We heard all the talk of one step back, two steps forward, but DW forgot the mention this would be a five-fingered rebuild.:nod:

:laugh:

This feels like that EA game. Our ;Toughness; category must have gone from a D to a B- by now!

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
Brown, Scott, now Haley? 3 absolutely worthless hockey players, and I use the term "hockey player" very losely with Brown, and extremely losely with Scott & Haley.

I am really getting tired of these type of signings, that will add up to nothing but wasted money (albeit small $$$), but more importantly, wasted roster spots.

Jul 10, 2010
Not a fan of Scott but Haley is one guy who has the balls to stand up for his teammates. Scott's worthless but Haley will go after yah, I imagine he dresses 9/30 vs LA.

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
The difference between Brown, Scott and Dwight King or Kyle Clifford is that the latter two are useful hockey players.

Torres, Desi, Wingels are the guys who should counted on for grit, hitting, etc.

The idea that Scott or Brown is going to keep anyone honest is just wrong, they won't deter anyone from doing anything. They may be able to dole out some 'justice' to one of the other teams 4th liners after the fact, maybe.

+1

Besides, the Kings DO have Dwight King and Kyle Clifford. Didn't stop a repeat offender like Raffi Torres from pulling a--well, a Raffi Torres--on Jarret Stoll's head in the 2013 playoffs.

If penalties, fines, and multi-game suspensions don't deter dirty cheapshot artists from doing what they normally do, I'm not sure what giving ice time to a pointless meathead with no skating ability is supposed to accomplish.

Dirty players play dirty regardless of who is or isn't on the ice. Enforcers deter nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad