Confirmed with Link: Micheal Haley

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How does Scott not stand up for his teammates? That's kind of his whole thing...

Mostly because there aren't many NHLers that are dumb enough to go with Scott...they'll just skate away and let him take dumb penalties.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
So... Scott-Brown-Haley 4th line against the Kings? They'll all be ejected by the 2nd period and the Sharks will be trailing 5-0 because they had to kill off 15 minutes of penalties but hey truculence right?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Ruined the perfect season. The game on 9/30 is most likely the only time all three will be in the line up. (hopefully).

bustedtees.6eaf19ab-02f5-4b77-8afd-58b88b7a.gif

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I bet that was said a lot over the course of last season when we were giving up points that could've won us the division and avoided the Kings in the first round.

Pretty sure 99% of people on here wanted to play LA; and I was in the 1%.

Plus this upcoming season doesn't matter since we're taking steps backwards anyways.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Pretty sure 99% of people on here wanted to play LA; and I was in the 1%.

Plus this upcoming season doesn't matter since we're taking steps backwards anyways.

I sincerely doubt your first line was really the case. Lots of people preferred to avoid the Kings but still believed the team could win if necessary.

If this season is a throw-away, what's the point of icing that group of 4th liners?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I sincerely doubt your first line was really the case. Lots of people preferred to avoid the Kings but still believed the team could win if necessary.

If this season is a throw-away, what's the point of icing that group of 4th liners?

Because they are planning on having a bunch of young kids on the team. Or so Doug Wilson says. They want goons to "protect" them....

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not on the depth chart. Higher on the crazy chart.

I won't deny that. I was just thinking that it's highly unlikely he'll get a chance to play before Scott or Brown. Crazy is certainly something that I want in an enforcer though(assuming that they even worked). Crazies are scary.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I have the same reaction to this signing as I did to the John Scott signing: WTF?

I'm seriously PO'd about how bad our season is looking already...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Because they are planning on having a bunch of young kids on the team. Or so Doug Wilson says. They want goons to "protect" them....

Don't they have to kind of be on the ice at the same time to protect them? It was never the John Scotts and Mike Browns of the world that had to be dealt with when it comes to injuring players. It's the guys that don't go at all like Lapierre and Brown that you don't handle by fighting them. You handle it by injuring them in the same dirty manner they do to the team. And the goons we're getting won't do that.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Don't they have to kind of be on the ice at the same time to protect them? It was never the John Scotts and Mike Browns of the world that had to be dealt with when it comes to injuring players. It's the guys that don't go at all like Lapierre and Brown that you don't handle by fighting them. You handle it by injuring them in the same dirty manner they do to the team. And the goons we're getting won't do that.

That's what I'm talking about. We need more dishonorable jerks and/or wildcards.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That's what I'm talking about. We need more dishonorable jerks and/or wildcards.

That's one thing about Scott, he's not shy about going after other teams skill guys if need be. The whole reason he went after Kessel was because a leaf echl tough guy spot picked against smaller Sabres forward and then celebrated his win.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

I don't know/care. Just relaying that these moves are not a big deal, but everyone is flipping out because it's the only move Doug Wilson has made.

I think it's great we're getting some goons. Rather have John Scott fight than Wingels or Couture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad