Calgary
4 game 4 goal streak

giphy.gif

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Been cheering for this kid for awhile, had a tough life and he is from my neck of the woods in rural Manitoba. Glad to see him breaking out like this. I was really hoping the Jets could get him somehow

Reactions: DaveG

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yeah, that sure did look like a tip from him off Faulks bomb. He scores goals, delivers crushing hits and punches faces. Lindholm did none of these for us.

Well, err....Lindholm scores girls and female fans. Delivers crushes and site hits. And doesn't punch but instead keeps a beautiful face. Isn't that more than enough to expect from a middle-6 centerman? :naughty:

5cdfec39866834084d38fed488ebbb8f.jpg

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
No, he never was this good here, even with that hot start at the beginning of the season last year.

wrong again. Courtesy of AC from cp just last year:

Oct 24 - Nov 18, 2017: 7G + 4A through 11 games.
Dec 22 - Jan 11, 2018: 5G + 4A through 8 games.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
wrong again. Courtesy of AC from cp just last year:

Oct 24 - Nov 18, 2017: 7G + 4A through 11 games.
Dec 22 - Jan 11, 2018: 5G + 4A through 8 games.

Those are the only numbers concerning Elias Lindholm you need to know. Those are his goal totals throughout his career. Oh and there is one more number:

This is the number he was taken in the draft. Before Monahan.

We are not sad he is gone. That is all.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Those are the only numbers concerning Elias Lindholm you need to know. Those are his goal totals throughout his career. Oh and there is one more number:

That's a little harsh D:

Reactions: Kevs Security

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Still glad the trade is working out fantastically for both sides. Still don't see the need to attack any of the players involved. I'm glad you don't miss Lindholm, Negan4Coach, because we're not giving him back!

Sad that we have to wait until January to see the two teams play each other

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Kind of a moot point for the Flames. If he continues playing this well he's going to be getting $7 million+ a year as a UFA which the Flames couldn't afford anyway.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Good thing he’s already got 5 this year, we’re glad to have him ;)

Reactions: King In The North

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
He's playing in a perfect situation and taking advantage of it. He had same kind of stretches last season too when playing with Gaudreau.

I'm interested what kind of contract he will get next summer. Would not give him more than the Boone Jenner contract, but he's probably looking for that Tom Wilson money.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He's playing in a perfect situation and taking advantage of it. He had same kind of stretches last season too when playing with Gaudreau.

I'm interested what kind of contract he will get next summer. Would not give him more than the Boone Jenner contract, but he's probably looking for that Tom Wilson money.

If he finishes the season at around a PPG pace he's going to be getting more than Wilson.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't go that far, but certainly 30 seems likely. And to have a power forward do that and take the body all day and crash the net, couldn't be more pleased.

I think 30 is certainly realistic. If he can figure the whole consistency thing, 40 with his shot is possible.

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011

I just said Ferland has had spurts of this success before and hope he can keep it up. Not sure why you are being so sensitive lol..

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Seriously though, he was never this good in Calgary.

Sure he was.

Going to repost what I posted in the Ferland trade thread:

You guys got a heck of a player in Micheal Ferland. Don't make unrealistic expectations about his physical game (i.e.: don't watch highlights of his 2015 Vancouver Playoff series and then expect him to bring that level of intensity every night - it's impossible) but the upside with this player isn't just a third liner. I would say last year he played at the level of a second liner through and through. His teammates get most of the press and therefore the credit, but I have a slightly different opinion: Ferland was the second best player on the Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland line and with a better center could be an NHL star. He is a complete player and has Brad Marchand type upside, maybe a bit less of a headcase and a bit bigger at 6'2" / 220-ish lbs. The thing that will really grab you is his skating - he's actually a very fast forward despite his size and it allows him to get breakaways, but on the other hand he's also able to spring his linemates on breakaways with a very good first pass as a winger. And his shot, oh boy. I don't think guys like Tyler Seguin etc are any better at wiring the puck into the back of the net than he is. We never used him properly on the power play (or 3v3, or 4v4...) which gave him a false reputation as lacking consistency when really, he was a very reliable scorer. And he'll never, ever take a bad penalty.

Feel free to peruse that thread for the venomous responses I received, but that was nine games ago when Ferland had zero GP this season. He's not bringing anything he hasn't brought before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad