Confirmed with Link: Michal Kempny agreed to a multi year deal to stay with the Caps. 4 years at 2.5 mil

Jun 15, 2007
Why are we using a Kempny signing thread to nitpick Orlov??
Not like I brought it up.

On topic, I am sure Kempny will actually improve over the length of the contract. He only has 100 NHL games.

This will be a great signing.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The Huet run was, until this year, one of the greatest moments of being a Caps fan. Watching that young team go out there balls to the wall for three months was magic.
Still pissed about the game 7 missed trip in OT, disallowed goal, and Fedorov not having his stick in the ice for the Ovy pass vs Philly but at least they gave us Carlson for Eminger 2 months later

Jun 15, 2007
Still pissed about the game 7 missed trip in OT, disallowed goal, and Fedorov not having his stick in the ice for the Ovy pass vs Philly but at least they gave us Carlson for Eminger 2 months later

Wait wasn't the tripping call on Poti? Seemed like a legit call.

I remember shouting at the TV at Ovechkin for passing instead of shooting that. I think he respected Fedorov a bit too much. Anyone else and he would have shot it himself.

Reactions: RandyHolt

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
That's his schtick.
Don't get me wrong i like Orlov. Needs to make better decisions but hopefully that comes with age. Also i would like to see Orlov start hitting some guys when they come into our zone. Don't be afraid Orly. Put your body into it. I like him. Its his fans on here that make me point out his constant mistakes. You got guys on this team that do everything right by the book yet its there fault we lose but when Orlov simply carries a puck up the ice, its the greatest thing ever. I hated the youth movement because guys like Ovi, Nick, Oshie, JC, and even Holtby during the playoff run kept getting **** on by the "new era" fans. Those guys have worked their butts off.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

I remember shouting at the TV at Ovechkin for passing instead of shooting that. I think he respected Fedorov a bit too much. Anyone else and he would have shot it himself.
Philly tripped somebody like 97% as obviously like 2 minutes before.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York

Yes the trip was on Poti, and I feel like if memory serves me correctly it was a legit trip. I remember being incredibly upset with Poti (which was never out of the ordinary for me).

But the thing that really lost us that series was when one of the Flyers just rocked Morrisonn into Huet and there was no interference call. That was one of the most blatantly obvious penalties I've ever seen missed in a Caps playoff game.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Don't get me wrong i like Orlov. Needs to make better decisions but hopefully that comes with age. Also i would like to see Orlov start hitting some guys when they come into our zone. Don't be afraid Orly. Put your body into it. I like him. Its his fans on here that make me point out his constant mistakes. You got guys on this team that do everything right by the book yet its there fault we lose but when Orlov simply carries a puck up the ice, its the greatest thing ever. I hated the youth movement because guys like Ovi, Nick, Oshie, JC, and even Holtby during the playoff run kept getting **** on by the "new era" fans. Those guys have worked their butts off.

I agree that at times in the playoffs his one on one defense on the rush was abysmal, but I don't think his physicality is the issue. He throws some solid open ice hits.

Reactions: Tweedsuitcase

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This is the Kempny contract thread...
giphy.gif

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I agree that at times in the playoffs his one on one defense on the rush was abysmal, but I don't think his physicality is the issue. He throws some solid open ice hits.
I was pointing to the fact that when a forwad is skating towards the net in our zone he tends to back off towards the goalie. I want to see him get his body on the play.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Awesome! -- not even Orlov's disappointing performance can ruin such welcome news.

Moreover, since I'm not seeing any numbers, I am assuming Kempny is gonna play for room and board -- it's the logical next step after the DSP signing. Beagle will play for food, sleeping outside. Orpik will have to pay the Caps to take him back.

Looking forward to seeing the Caps & Reirden unlocking Kempny's potential next season.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I dont have a number. Under 3 would be very nice.

Kinda scary. Do they need a bit of new blood to b2b? Or their new winning knowledge is enough?

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
I dont have a number. Under 3 would be very nice.

Kinda scary. Do they need a bit of new blood to b2b? Or their new winning knowledge is enough?

Injuries are bound to happen, and some of the young kids like Fjallby, Gersich and Bowey will get run at some point during the season, that you can be sure of.

The thing I’m excited about most for next season will be watching to see if Kuznetsov can elevate his game to (or near) an MVP level, and whether Vrana can take another few steps forward. The kid clearly has high end talent, and aside from the difference in pp time, there’s no reason that he shouldn’t be Pastrnak’s equal at even strength. He has the skill set, he’ll have the linemates playing next to Backstrom and Oshie, and he’ll have another offseason to prepare himself for the rigors of the schedule.

Also, and more on topic, very happy to see Kempny back in the fold. I’ve seen the discussion about his relative value in other threads on here, and put me in the camp that thinks that he’ll prove to be a legitimate top 4 d with more NHL experience. He’s smart, defensively sound, he can skate, he can pass, he has some offense and decent grit, and he seems to know his role on the team. Very solid player.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If it's cheap we're looking at the ability to bring beagle and possibly Orpik back too...we're getting the band back together guys!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Injuries are bound to happen, and some of the young kids like Fjallby, Gersich and Bowey will get run at some point during the season, that you can be sure of.

The thing I’m excited about most for next season will be watching to see if Kuznetsov can elevate his game to (or near) an MVP level, and whether Vrana can take another few steps forward. The kid clearly has high end talent, and aside from the difference in pp time, there’s no reason that he shouldn’t be Pastrnak’s equal at even strength. He has the skill set, he’ll have the linemates playing next to Backstrom and Oshie, and he’ll have another offseason to prepare himself for the rigors of the schedule.

Also, and more on topic, very happy to see Kempny back in the fold. I’ve seen the discussion about his relative value in other threads on here, and put me in the camp that thinks that he’ll prove to be a legitimate top 4 d with more NHL experience. He’s smart, defensively sound, he can skate, he can pass, he has some offense and decent grit, and he seems to know his role on the team. Very solid player.
I'm excited for the fact that it's a likely possibility Vrana is playing next to studs like Backstrom and Oshie and what they do with him during the offseason. If they know he's their linemate they're going to throw everything they've got at him and try to groom him. There's no two better guys on this team to learn both ends of the ice from. :)

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The better Vrana will learn two way game from Oshie the sooner we will lose one of the forwards because of cap.

Hopefully Oshie's will be the only albatross contract for the time being. Another one will be hard to handle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad