Confirmed with Link: Michael McNiven traded to Flames for future considerations

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Because a free transfer is different. A free transfer is the same as signing a UFA.

The transfer is free because the players contract expired.

That's one example of a free transfer, yes. "Giving someone a free transfer" can and does happen whilst the player is under contract, although you won't see it happening in the top tier (or two) in most leagues these days.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Does 750,000 cap hit also come off the books? If so, it might be some valuable wriggle room come trade deadline. I imagine that wr will trade to a team and take an expiring bad contract back, this giving us more options for teams to trade with, and raising the potential of our return.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
The future considerations was Calgary letting Habs win a few nights ago.:sarcasm:

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Anyone know what position Future Considerations plays?
It just depends. If I'm remembering correctly the Habs traded Sebastian Bordeleau to Nashville for future considerations. I thought I read somewhere that the future considerations was for Nashville to select Tomas Vokoun in the expansion draft. I wish I could find where I saw that though. I'm pretty sure I've also noticed players on NHL contracts playing in the AHL traded for future consideration that turned out to be an AHL player on an AHL contract. Could have been a coincidence though.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Question:

Is there a record somewhere that tracks these so-called "future considerations"?

Id be interested to know if any stars ever came out of them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So McNiven is in Laval, where he is the 3rd goalie behind Primeau & Poulin.

He gets traded to Calgary for Future Considerations, where he is the 3rd goalie behind Wolf & Werner.

He then gets traded to Ottawa for Future Considerations, where is the 3rd goalie behind Soogard & Mandolese.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
b99-its-happening-again.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad