Michael McCarron: A Recent Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogtownhabsfan*

Watching it, he's looking pretty good. Once he gets it going he can skate well for a giant. He needs to see the play faster though, got the puck wide open in the slot and took to long to shoot it and the puck was deflected away. Hopefully that improves in time.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Yeah he's getting booed by the home crowd. Patterson isn't that good of a goalie from what I read on the London Knights thread. They are really missing Stolarz.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I like his game! It seems simple yet effective. He is able to sneak into areas, which is weird for someone his size.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Pretty damn good game by McCarron so far. I would like to see more intensity from him. That being said he has a good iq,shockingly good vision and is great along the boards. If he can develop a real edge to his game look out!

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
good to see Mac put out late. I like the timing of most of the lines in general, actually. Good place for him to end up.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
good to see Mac put out late. I like the timing of most of the lines in general, actually. Good place for him to end up.

I think he only got that 1 shift in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd (it was a good shift though). Didn't see the ice at all in overtime. Not holding my breath to see him in the shootout :laugh:

Too bad. I thought he played a solid, unspectacular game. His line still seems to be clicking. And he could have had one if not for the crossbar.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Now I wish I had more access to OHL games. This is the only one I've ever watched, and they're really not bad.

NewHabsEra*

Big time project, but a nice one, bottom liner wrote all over him but Im fine with it, as long as he brings something we really miss..

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I think he only got that 1 shift in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd (it was a good shift though). Didn't see the ice at all in overtime. Not holding my breath to see him in the shootout :laugh:

Too bad. I thought he played a solid, unspectacular game. His line still seems to be clicking. And he could have had one if not for the crossbar.

It was a pretty long shift though. Don't know if he was trying to make for the lack of his time before that. Would've loved to see him succeed in his attempt to power his way to the net through Bigras.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Came really close at the end of the game....almost scored the winner there.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That wasn't McC best game of late. Nor was it the teams best game recently. Started with the same linemates but Hunter started shuffling them during their flat 2nd period. Hes played back on the wing as well the last two games.

Will give updates as to what I see during the POs when the intensity ramps up

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Just saw the game on PVR....McCarron was pretty decent last night, did a lot of little things well, was solid along the boards again and almost had a couple of goals.

Sportsnet has an annoying "habit" of missing 80 per cent of the faceoffs..they think it's more important for the camera to be focused on a player huffing and puffing on the bench who was just on the ice. When I did see the draws Mac looked to be doing okay on them .Encouraging that Hunter had him out there taking a key draw with 1:30 left in the game. That play where he backhanded it off the crossbar would have been a highlight reel goal if it went in. For him to backhand it too high from in close seemed almost improbable. His hands are improving as the season's going on.

I like how he's peeling back deeper and being available for the pass in the neutral zone in the center of the ice more often..he's carrying the puck a lot more confidently playing center, it gives him more room to use his length and speed once he gets moving. Not turning over the puck nearly as much as he did earlier in the season. Lost the puck once behind his own net that almost resulted in a good chance for OS..he should have passed the puck along the wall, but instead tried to stickhandle around the guy..who checked him. Other than that though, a pretty solid game defensively other than being caught behind the play a couple of times.

Anyone else notice how many times he beaver slapped last night? At least five times...and very audible ones at that.

Aresknight - seeing that you catch the Knights quite a bit - what do you think of Yakimowicz? Not producing yet (has a weak shot)...but he has some size, jam and works hard....I get the feeling he's one of those Hunter projects that two years from now will be a very effective junior. Really caught in a number's game behind a lot of veterans this season, but been playing with Marner quite a bit on the fourth and they've been pretty effective in recent games on the forecheck. I don't see much offensive upside...but as a bottom line guy...he might end up being a draft pick despite his crappy numbers.

What are you hearing and seeing?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Just saw the game on PVR....McCarron was pretty decent last night, did a lot of little things well, was solid along the boards again and almost had a couple of goals.

Sportsnet has an annoying "habit" of missing 80 per cent of the faceoffs..they think it's more important for the camera to be focused on a player huffing and puffing on the bench who was just on the ice. When I did see the draws Mac looked to be doing okay on them .Encouraging that Hunter had him out there taking a key draw with 1:30 left in the game. That play where he backhanded it off the crossbar would have been a highlight reel goal if it went in. For him to backhand it too high from in close seemed almost improbable. His hands are improving as the season's going on.

I like how he's peeling back deeper and being available for the pass in the neutral zone in the center of the ice more often..he's carrying the puck a lot more confidently playing center, it gives him more room to use his length and speed once he gets moving. Not turning over the puck nearly as much as he did earlier in the season. Lost the puck once behind his own net that almost resulted in a good chance for OS..he should have passed the puck along the wall, but instead tried to stickhandle around the guy..who checked him. Other than that though, a pretty solid game defensively other than being caught behind the play a couple of times.

Anyone else notice how many times he beaver slapped last night? At least five times...and very audible ones at that.

Aresknight - seeing that you catch the Knights quite a bit - what do you think of Yakimowicz? Not producing yet (has a weak shot)...but he has some size, jam and works hard....I get the feeling he's one of those Hunter projects that two years from now will be a very effective junior. Really caught in a number's game behind a lot of veterans this season, but been playing with Marner quite a bit on the fourth and they've been pretty effective in recent games on the forecheck. I don't see much offensive upside...but as a bottom line guy...he might end up being a draft pick despite his crappy numbers.

What are you hearing and seeing?

SN and the face offs are annoying.
McC is doing a better job getting into the right spot for outlets ect... As you mentioned.
He's been moved back to wing the last two games but as I mentioned they'll share that D zone responsibility depending whose back first.

CJ Yakimovich. Good eye Grant. I won't waste much time here as it's McC thread but... but really glad M Hunter found him.

Check PM

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
8 goals in his last 4 games. He has now 11 goals 13 assists for 24 points and 39 penalty minutes in 13 games this season.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Could McCarron be converted to a Dman? I'm not proposing it. just asking. Either as a RW or a RD, I'd love to see him turn Pinocchio (Marchand) into splinters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad