Recalled/Assigned: Michael Kostka

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not surprising. No sense bringing up a kid to sit in the press box.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kostka is the righty shot no?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in over Hunwick actually

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kostka plays the pp better than Hunwick hes got the big shot from the right side

Kind of have a feeling it will be Kostka AV wanted to carry 8 Dmen as it is

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Had a feeling it would be either him or McIlrath because they are both righties.

It will be interesting to see what the Rangers opt to do here. A Moore-Kostka pairing could be nightmarish but a Staal-Kostka will weaken the 2nd pairing.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I agree but with that said how good would Diaz look right now over Kostka? I feel Dylan should have gotten the call slide Klein up and play big mac with Moore

the only problem i see with this team is we keep getting smaller and smaller every time

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
and there you go.

theres your indication as to the readiness of 2010 first round draft pick dylan mcilrath.

boyles hurt and whos the first d man recalled ? mike freekin kostka who did not blow the doors off in camp whatsoever.

now i know koska may not play much if at all given hunwick as the 7th and i know dylan needs to play and i know he will play big minutes in hartford but...... this organization knows dylan isnt near ready.

this here is a HUGE opportunity to play and they didnt even give him a sniff. this kinda addresses the "no where for him to play" argument.

says alot.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't understand what we didn't like in diaz I liked him a lot.

Could be he was holding for a better deal and it got too late but wish we kept him

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
and there you go.

theres your indication as to the readiness of 2010 first round draft pick dylan mcilrath.

boyles hurt and whos the first d man recalled ? mike freekin kostka who did not blow the doors off in camp whatsoever.

now i know koska may not play much if at all given hunwick as the 7th and i know dylan needs to play and i know he will play big minutes in hartford but...... this organization knows dylan isnt near ready.

this here is a HUGE opportunity to play and they didnt even give him a sniff. this kinda addresses the "no where for him to play" argument.

says alot.

How do u know they "didn't even give him a sniff" how do u know that they dont just want to see what the vets can do and if they struggle they'll make it Dylan's time to jump in?

He was one of last cuts stop it

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I know people are rooting for mcilrath but i just dont see the skill other than fighting. Just wasnt a good pick at 10 with fowler and taranseko there

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
and there you go.

says alot.

Hunwick was the better player in camp and will play. If they were calling up someone from the minors to actually play, I'm pretty sure McI would be getting the nod

There is absolutely no reason to think this means the organization has soured on Mac.

Youre Dam Tyutin

Oct 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Think Staal and Klein are a pairing now? or is Kostka/Hunwick going to play with Staal? Feel like bringing Klein up would really make the 3rd pairing a BIG liability so I'm guessing it's the latter.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
and there you go.

says alot.

It actually says nothing.

He hasn't even played an AHL game yet. What's the point of bringing him back if he hasn't played a legit game since pre-season? There was no progress to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad