Rumor: Michael Frolik has Habs listed as top destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I would be okay with moving Plekanec for an upgrade on wing, IF we can sign a slightly cheaper #2a/b centre. Vermette ideally. Plekanec has value imo, and could return a young top 6 winger.....

The problem with that is that Vermette will probably cost the same as Plekanec, but on a multi year deal, so you'll be stuck with him longer...Also I think that Plekanec is better than Vermette, so there would be no point in that. At least for Plekanec, he has 2 years left at 5 million for a two way centre good for 50ish points per year. Very easy to trade if need be, but it has to make sense for us.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I doubt Vermette gets 5 million.

Prepare to be shocked...I think he either get 5 million on a 4 year deal, or like 4-4.5 on a 5 or 6 year deal. He was making 3.75 million this year and its his only chance to cash in before retirement.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Middle six includes #2. He's a great #2 but not really a #1. We either hope Chucky develops into one or we try and acquire one (good luck). The point is Vermette is middle six center so doesn't help us much, especially when our screaming need is on RW.

Pleks is top-6 not middle six.

He is 1-2, not 2-3.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I doubt Vermette gets 5 million.

I doubt it, too. The biggest problem for him is if he doesn't take what's offered in the first couple days of free agency he'll be looking a $1 million to $1.5 million per year deals of either 1 or 2 years in length. Prices can really fall for players like him as teams make other plans and then he has to take what he can get which isn't much.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I doubt it, too. The biggest problem for him is if he doesn't take what's offered in the first couple days of free agency he'll be looking a $1 million to $1.5 million per year deals of either 1 or 2 years in length. Prices can really fall for players like him as teams make other plans and then he has to take what he can get which isn't much

After AG signs there only room for one more forward which will be a rookie competing for a job. The line up is now set for next year. This maybe the worst forward group of any playoff team. It's down right bad

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I doubt it, too. The biggest problem for him is if he doesn't take what's offered in the first couple days of free agency he'll be looking a $1 million to $1.5 million per year deals of either 1 or 2 years in length. Prices can really fall for players like him as teams make other plans and then he has to take what he can get which isn't much

After AG signs there only room for one more forward which will be a rookie competing for a job. The line up is now set for next year. This maybe the worst forward group of any playoff team. It's down right bad

Too bad there's a freeze on trades in the NHL after July 1st.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Semin is who we need. He would fit in well on the wing with Thomas Plekanec and Galchenyuk.
Anything under 3 million on a 1 year deal is a no brainer. Not worth signing Frolik or Belesky at 4-5 for 5-6 years. The guy can still play.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Semin is who we need. He would fit in well on the wing with Thomas Plekanec and Galchenyuk.
Anything under 3 million on a 1 year deal is a no brainer. Not worth signing Frolik or Belesky at 4-5 for 5-6 years. The guy can still play.

I'd take Semin on that deal. But I don't think that he's a MB type of player.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't want Semin's contract. He's still ultra talented, but I don't want that contract. I'd inquire about him if Carolina retained a substantial amount.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I don't want Semin's contract. He's still ultra talented, but I don't want that contract. I'd inquire about him if Carolina retained a substantial amount.

The news today is that he's getting bought out. He'll be a UFA tomorrow.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

He's being bought out. Therefore would be a new contract.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
But as another poster said previously....

Philly will probably give him a 5yr 25m contract so..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sorry but adding another guy like Frolik is not going to help us now...or in the future.
I will give you a example...if MTL gets a power play and MT has a choice between Frolik and Getto....who do you think gets to play???

Dude, you're not making any sense here. You are arguing from a position where Frolik would be worse than Ghetto or a rookie but get time over them. He wouldn't.
You seem to think Frolik=PAP=Briere. You are 100% wrong about this.
Would you have a problem with Gallagher playing over Ghetto?? Of course not.
It's the same for Frolik. He's a good player to have, playing him on the PP wouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

And if we're just talking on the PP, it probably wouldn't matter who plays anyways. Unless Therrien changes our strategies there, we won't be scoring much.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I'd be happy to get Frolik, although only at a reasonable price. Something that pays him between 4 and 4.5 would be ideal. I'm hoping MB can convince him to sign a 4x5 because he wants to play in MTL.

With Semin becoming available, I think there is a really good option to sign h to a one or two year contract on the cheap, as he'll still be making a pretty penny from Carolina. My bet is he ends up back in Washington.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
With the way Bergevin/Therrien feel about character and fitting in the dressing room, I can't imagine in a million years they'll even entertain the idea of Semin.

But I could be wrong.

Frolik, on the other hand, is right up their alley.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Does Semin wants to come here? Cause we won't try to charm him with a great contract that's for sure. If true that Frolik really wants to be here and even go public with it, then it gives us an advantage over any other team.

I still prefer the option of the one that wants to be here....but if Semin love Montreal, then we can talk cause i would not overpay for any of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad