Rumor: Michael Frolik has Habs listed as top destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
McGuire doesn't see Frolik getting less that 5 million per year. Is it worth it to sign Frolik to that amount?

Yeah, I think the largest bids will be in that neighborhood.

Like I said before, the habs should not be competing with other teams for frolik's services through dollars and cents.

You come up with a number that the habs can manage, and test frolik's willingness to play for the habs. If it doesn't work, then so be it. Frolik is not worth getting into a bidding war over.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I have a feeling he will end up a hab. He is czech, he is a RW and a lot more other reasons.

Problem is he isn't that 30-50 goals scorer we are looking for.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I'd like him but even at 4 it's pushing it...
We've already spent too much money for 3rd liners in PAP and Briere in the past. I think the best would give more money to a real 1st liner.Wait for the perfect opportunity. Some guys have been traded lately that are exactly what we're looking for (Saad, for example).

I don'T want us to overpay for a UFA and strangle ourselves with the salary cap

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I have a feeling he will end up a hab. He is czech, he is a RW and a lot more other reasons.

Problem is he isn't that 30-50 goals scorer we are looking for.

Dude...

Last year, one (ONE) guy scored 50 goals. And only 15 scored 30 goals or more. Only 11 scoring more than 31.

This is a low scoring era.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Just not sure of this guy

What's not to be sure of. He played a solid defensive role in Chicago, winning a Cup there and then he went to Winnipeg, where he tapped into his offensive side and played on the top line with Ladd and Little.

Give me a player like that any day. I'd go $4.5 million max and stick him with Plekanec.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
What's not to be sure of. He played a solid defensive role in Chicago, winning a Cup there and then he went to Winnipeg, where he tapped into his offensive side and played on the top line with Ladd and Little.

Give me a player like that any day. I'd go $4.5 million max and stick him with Plekanec.

at that heavy price tag I wouldve rather gotten vrbata last year

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Dude, you're not making any sense here. You are arguing from a position where Frolik would be worse than Ghetto or a rookie but get time over them. He wouldn't.
You seem to think Frolik=PAP=Briere. You are 100% wrong about this.
Would you have a problem with Gallagher playing over Ghetto?? Of course not.
It's the same for Frolik. He's a good player to have, playing him on the PP wouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

And if we're just talking on the PP, it probably wouldn't matter who plays anyways. Unless Therrien changes our strategies there, we won't be scoring much.

Sorry Dude but you don't make much sense for wanting a depth forward for 5 mil.
I would rather throw the dice on young forwards we have in our system.
You think by adding a secondary scoring winger and it will help the habs to score like 20-30 more goals.
That type of thinking is like trading for Cam Talbot and thinking your going to lead the league in goals against.
One average player is not going to change much. So I would rather save the money and hope a big time play maker comes available....or hope one of our young guns can do it for 4mil less.
It is time to see if MB is building through the draft....by playing the young guns

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You think by adding a secondary scoring winger and it will help the habs to score like 20-30 more goals.
That type of thinking is like trading for Cam Talbot and thinking your going to lead the league in goals against.
One average player is not going to change much. So I would rather save the money and hope a big time play maker comes available....or hope one of our young guns can do it for 4mil less.
It is time to see if MB is building through the draft....by playing the young guns

Playing young guns is fine, but not peashooters. Every peashooter must prove he has turned into a gun before he gets guaranteed top 6 time.

HabsDieHard*

No, it may well help the Habs be a little harder to play against though.

Frolik does a lot of the little things right. He has had 4 40+ point seasons in his career. He is just turning 28 years old in February so a deal with term wouldn't likely be a big issue.

And as long as the NHL cap goes up 2-3 million next year, along with Gilbert/Prust coming off of the books they should be fine cap wise with Frolik.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a five or six year deal. He's only 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad