Confirmed with Link: Michael Del Zotto signs 2-year contract ($3.875 AAV) (7/16/2015)

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
Both MDZ and Schultz have been better than I expected. Not that that was a high bar to clear.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Del Zotto has been very impressive lately. He seems to be gaining confidence game by game and has been very noticeable in a good way.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Del Zotto has been very impressive lately. He seems to be gaining confidence game by game and has been very noticeable in a good way.

Last 5 games, 3 points, +5 and playing close to 24 minutes a night.

Will take that type of play all season thank you!

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Kimmo, who?

Cough(making ghost expendable)cough

Just kidding but he is playing at a much higher level then I expected. I mean he isn't as good as the great Gus but he is serviceable.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Chief has been using him a lot and in key situations... he's been used on both sides of the puck.

When Cobie and Mac return it will be interesting to see who is the odd men out... and then if/when Kimmo returns, assuming Schultz and MDZ continue to play as they have played, it gets even more interesting... At some point some moves out will have to be made, and especially if MDZ is in future plans and some Kids will be promoted... Plus, if Cola pans out, even 'more-er' interesting. We could have a real logjam of mediocrity on the Blue-Line. ;)

I just hope the Flyers can get to a point where the D is good enough to support a good and smooth running young set of Forwards and good Goaltending in competing for the Cup.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Re-evaluate by mid season but looks like a keeper right now.
And he is taller than Gus which is why Berube will keep playing him.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
It would be great to be in the position at the trade deadline to have excess defence and maybe get our second back.

macattack22

Sep 20, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
MDZ has been playing well since him and Luke were separated. I am happy with the addition so far. He helps the PP b/c he has pretty solid hands, and his shots are getting through, which is a huge attribute that people over look for dmen.

I give him a B

Season Stats:
0G 6A 6pts 0+/- 14SOG

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
When I saw him in the pre-season I didn't know what to think of him, but you can see the confidence in his puck handling, skating and plays he is making. Definitely want to see the Flyers lock him up if he continues this level of play. Maybe we could get a cheap 2 year deal from him or something midway through the season, who knows. **Trying to be positive about our defense**

You also have to remember that the guy is only 24 years old, he still has room to round out as a solid top 4 dman.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
MDZ sure looks like he has broken out of last season's slump. Hopefully he continues to play well. At 21 he did finish 12th in Norris voting, so there is still upside if his confidence returns. I would like to see him get a goal soon.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
MDZ looked like a train wreck initially...especially him and Schenn. He has looked much better of late. If he sustains his play it will be great....

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
MDZ sure looks like he has broken out of last season's slump. Hopefully he continues to play well. At 21 he did finish 12th in Norris voting, so there is still upside if his confidence returns. I would like to see him get a goal soon.

He's still struggling to get shots on net. It was a noted criticism Rangers fans always had with him. He's got good zip on it so just getting it on net would potentially create second chances.

He's playing well overall though.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I am so sick of this town's media. Leave Del Zotto alone with this Lisa Ann crap. Sam Carchidi had one of the weirdest tweets I've ever seen, criticizing him for this in the middle of a tweet praising his play.

macattack22

Sep 20, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
You also have to remember that the guy is only 24 years old, he still has room to round out as a solid top 4 dman.

100% agree with the age statement, the guy is young has plenty of time to turn his career around, this is a situation where the Flyers can't lose. If he gets his $h*t together, we now have a solid young dman, if he sucks...then bye bye MDZ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad