Value of: Michael Dal Colle

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Think Sam Bennett's a bust? Dal Colle went one pick later and hasn't done anything in the NHL or even the AHL for that matter.

Have the Isles had enough of this guy, and if so, what could they get for him?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Columbus may give you a bag of popcorn, Paul Bittner, and a 2037 6th round pick.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
NYI would probably get a 3rd from someone. He still has waiver eligibility, which is a positive for teams.

Does Griffin Reinhart being a bust, negate the status of Yakupov as a bust, because that is basically the logic you are putting forth here.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What a strange top 10 that year, only a few of them have shown any real results

It’s always a strange year when the best player in the draft was picked in the 20’s, and then the two next best players are 3 and 9... and the three at the time was projected at 4.

In another world; no top three pick is considered in the top 3 of that draft year lol!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
At least Bennett has shown flashes of what he could be at the NHL level. MDC hasn't even done anything in the AHL.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Think Sam Bennett's a bust? Dal Colle went one pick later and hasn't done anything in the NHL or even the AHL for that matter.

MDC + 6th will get you a 7th.

Seriously - full on busting.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What happened to this guy?......his stock has sunk like rock....a fifth overall pick shouldn't bust this hard in any draft. What's the deal?...is it skating? Hockey sense?...his compete level?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
What happened to this guy?......his stock has sunk like rock....a fifth overall pick shouldn't bust this hard in any draft. What's the deal?...is it skating? Hockey sense?...his compete level?
He's like the most nothing player ever. He was supposed to have great hands and shot, but in his entire AHL or NHL career (of 4 games because he sucks so bad) he hasn't done anything to suggest he still has those tools. Can't skate at all and refuses to go to the dirty areas. That's generally a bad combo. If you can't skate you better be like Anders Lee and dominate down low and along the boards.

He was also always a complimentary player and not exactly a play-driver, so I guess the only possible reason to be optimistic is that he's spent his AHL career on the dumpster fire that was the Bridgeport Sound Tigersand his NHL career in what was possibly the worst bottom 6 in the league. So I guess maybe there's a hope that if you give him an opportunity on a better BPT team he'll start to produce?

I'd trade him for a 3rd for sure. Probably would consider a 4th. Anything below that and I'd rather just hold onto him on the off chance he does something.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I had hope for the kid, but he's the definition of a bust. Career ahl depth guy at best. Will probably end up in Europe at some point. For sake of the thread... a 6th, I'd offer a 6th for ahl depth.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
No value as of now but Bridgeport seems to have put together at pretty good line up for next season, so maybe he can find his game again. Also, Trotz' influence might help him change his game into that of a serviceable 3rd liner in the future but time is running out and he needs to step up considerably to stand any chance of making it

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
No value as of now but Bridgeport seems to have put together at pretty good line up for next season, so maybe he can find his game again. Also, Trotz' influence might help him change his game into that of a serviceable 3rd liner in the future but time is running out and he needs to step up considerably to stand any chance of making it

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Whereas Bennett is a disappointment and is still worth probably a 3rd, MDC is a complete bust. He's probably worth a 5th at best.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Whereas Bennett is a disappointment and is still worth probably a 3rd, MDC is a complete bust. He's probably worth a 5th at best.
Curtis Lazar got a 2nd, but Bennett is only worth a 3rd... your out to lunch opinions never cease to amaze me.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yeh it's kind of strange. You can't even blame the Islanders for making a bad pick because he was taken exactly where he was supposed to.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Curtis Lazar got a 2nd, but Bennett is only worth a 3rd... your out to lunch opinions never cease to amaze me.
Maybe some team will pay a second for him. It only takes one I guess.

(ps. Just because Calgary's GM paid a 2nd for Lazar, it doesn't mean he was worth it. Poor player evaluation)

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Dal Colle just has such poor feet, and they aren't getting better. His shot, on its own, is NHL caliber. His feet are slow even for the American League...prohibitively slow. He struggles to get open, so he can't even really hack it as a howitzer (or whatever the appropriate military equivalent would be)...

Reactions: dano16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad